Pixar Post - T.J.
Hello - much like I started on the Inside Out thread, I wanted to start a topic where we could post small snippets from a larger article with areas of interest. For instance, in a recent article I was reading on Techradar, I didn't want to post the entire article about The Good Dinosaur because many of the items had previously been discussed (or weren't a big deal)...but there was one little tidbit that stood out that I hadn't heard before...read on.

Jim Morris (Pixar's President) talked about how they had to re-create how clouds were made in their films.

Quote:
Pixar has also updated the technology used to create clouds in the film, ditching the 'sky matte' paintings that are traditionally used in animated films in favour of realistic digital clouds made of millions of particles – this volume of 'thinking particles' is particularly useful for a scene in which Arlo tosses Spot up through the clouds while running along the ridge of a mountain.
Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/02/meet-pixar-s-next-great-filmmaker.html

A lovely little article that looks into Pete Sohn's background
Quote 1 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
http://m.scmp.com/lifestyle/article/1862093/chinese-film-goers-may-see-pixars-good-dinosaur-us

I found this fascinating article with Jim Morris, and although it talks about The Good Dinosaur and it's release in China, it also talks on The Good Dinosaur, why they switched the cast, what went on with the film, and how it would have been like; things like that. Just thought I might post it here. [wink]

And I'm dying to know what this "new and equally weird idea" of Pete Docter is! XD

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/620701-the-good-dinosaur-story#/slide/1

Also, another cool text with interesting (And maybe kind of spoilery, so be cautious) details and pictures! [smile]
Quote 1 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/2015/10/08/7-secrets-from-the-making-of-the-good-dinosaur/

http://www.slashfilm.com/making-of-the-good-dinosaur/

Just found a few others, ha! [tongue]

Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
[Pytko%2BPixar%2BPost] 

We recently wrote up our experience at a Good Dino Campus Crawl event where Pixar artists toured college campuses to talk about their experiences. Jonathan Pytko (Lighting Supervisor) came to a college near us - be sure to check out our recap of the event here.
---
I also found this write up from Animation World Network from Kevin O'Hara where he talks about what it's like being an animator...here's what he said (thought it was interesting). 

Animation World Network wrote:
Kevin described what it’s like to be a Pixar animator: “We work in low resolution at a pretty fast pace, just framing back and forth. Our character rig doesn’t have too much detail on top. It’s our job to make sure we have full performance, full expression, full locomotion in there. When it gets to those next departments like full simulation, that’s all going to go off the map of any movement we put on it that’ll enhance the skin movement and help that size.

“After working on the same scene for a month, it can look and feel repetitive. Then it comes back a month later with lighting and textures added. It’s always neat for us to see this full sim on top of our work: the effects, the mist, the lighting and the textures. It’s a whole new scene, it’s exciting for us.

Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Found another article that discussed the evolution of the film with Pete Sohn. The overarching themes of the article have been known before, but the discussion did pull out smaller nuances about how the film changed and how the voice actors were swapped out.

Here are a few snippets, but be sure to read the entire article for more details.

Quote:
Sohn sheds light on the colourful evolution of the film. “We worked on everything and everything changed in terms of the character designs and the world [of the film] itself,” he says. Peterson envisioned The Good Dinosaur as an esoteric study of the reptile, inspired by the dinosaur animatronics he saw during a childhood visit to the 1964 New York World’s Fair. The dinosaurs in the film were originally modelled on Amish farmers Peterson observed while growing up in Ohio (they’re big into mining childhood memories at Pixar). The dynamic between dinosaur and boy was more quirky father-and-son than heartwarming coming-of-age fable.

...Most of the films I’ve worked on have gone through some really tough times. This one for me is challenging only because I love Bob and the changes that happened were really … it was fast but it was important because everyone’s priority, including Bob’s, was to try to make the best movie possible.

The changes affected higher-profile names than Peterson. “Once we made Arlo a younger character, a lot of the voices changed,” says Sohn. Out went John Lithgow, Neil Patrick Harris and Judy Greer. In came Sam Elliott and Anna Paquin as well as Raymond Ochoa and Jack Bright as Arlo and Spot respectively. “Finding that more youthful feel,” says Sohn, “created a ripple action for all the characters that Arlo meets.” 

How did the stars take the news? “That happened earlier than when it was released in the press."

Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Found another small piece of an interview featuring A.J. Buckley (who voices Nash) from BELLO. He talked about how excited he was to voice the character (Nash), how he's trying to get his young daughter to really "understand" that he's a T-Rex and how Pete came to find him as a voice actor.

Here's an excerpt regarding TGD -

BELLO Article wrote:
The newfound father is overjoyed to be playing the adorable Nash in Pixar’s highly anticipated “The Good Dinosaur.” “The reason Pixar are so successful is because they’re such a family. I’m a huge dork, as I love cartoons and I have absolutely loved every Pixar movie that has ever been made. They’re all classics. I actually had to check with my agent and said: ‘Are you sure this offer is me for me?'”

AJ is already getting his daughter geared up to see him on the big screen this Thanksgiving. “Her first time in a movie theatre will be to watch this film [The Good Dinosaur]. I’ve got her loads of dinosaur books and I keep trying to tell her that Daddy’s a T-Rex. She’s pretty pumped up about it so it will be interesting to see her reaction”.

However, the reason he was originally chosen to play Nash wasn’t so adorable. “The director happened to love “Justified.” He was like, ‘I love your character and when I heard your voice I thought you’d be perfect for Nash.’ Nash is this T-Rex who is really friendly and kind of dumb, which is so crazy because my character on “Justified” is a sociopathic, murderous person. You just never know what role is going to get you your next job so it’s quite a funny story. This was definitely on my bucket list.”
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy