VioletParrfanatic1989

This has been bugging and confusing me for at least several years now that the sequel is in full swing (and not sure if this deserved it's own topic or not, especially since this was around since October 2011 no thanks to Collider), but anyways Bird had stated that he wanted to do the Incredibles II in a similar direction in the way Toy Story 2 did for Toy Story when it took it's characters without selling the gang out, but how is he going to pull that off with the sequel, especially one involving humans? (Would it still apply in the current development of the sequel?)

Also would anyone would be kind enough to tell me what "Selling out the Family" would be like and what it means in general? (in terms of storyline and characters.)

Quote 0 0
PixarsBiggestFan
It could mean a separation within the Parr family that will require heroics and bravery to reunite them.
Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
In Toy Story 2, Woody was tempted by the immortality of life in a museum, and considered abandoning his family (the other toys and Andy) to pursue this.

I'm guessing if "selling out the family" were to happen in Incredibles 2, I'm guessing perhaps someone in the family will betray the others, whether directly or indirectly. In other words, a rift between family members similar to the first film, though a much more serious, emotionally charged type.

However, I'm pretty sure that Bird has been tight lipped on any plot details, so whether or not that actually happens is unknown, unless you have a source, VioletParrfanatic1989?

But to be fair, as a theory I think that'd be a cool direction for the sequel to take. Bird did tell Cinema Blend, in regards to the Incredibles franchise's relation to the mainstream superhero genre,

"For me, the interesting thing was never the superhero part of it. It was more the family dynamic, and how do superhero things play into that."

Quote found here: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Incredibles-2-Won-t-Comment-Modern-Superhero-Movies-71400.html

Which means that Incredibles 2 will *likely* have a heavy family element to it. Although this isn't certain, it wouldn't be surprising, given Bird's quote here and how Incredibles 1 had a heavy family focus. And some sort of rift in the family would certainly be interesting, and a betrayal-type rift (a rebellious teenager going against their parents, perhaps?) would certainly be a much more different dynamic than the midlife crisis "drifting away" type rift we had with Mr Incredible vs the rest of his family in the first film.

Anyway, hopefully official details or teasers will be given out by Bird or Pixar soon!
Quote 1 0
VioletParrfanatic1989

So this means that they'll more than likely age up the kids possibly? (Granted the aging part might be fake seeing as it's one of the more popular rumors out there and Disney/Pixar has a pretty decent track record when going back to do sequels to their original hits (aside from Cars 2 and possibly Cars 3 (which could look like it might be a hit.)

Unless it is Violet herself who starts rebelling against her parents seeing as she's a teenager right now (which is perfect and we kind of saw a minor hint of her rebellious nature with her in the dinner scene where she started arguing with Dash over Tony, even though Dash is more rebellious than her by a long shot), but seeing a rebelling Violet would be a fresh take on her character especially with her currently dating Tony Rydinger (who badly needs some much needed character development as we barely know a thing or two about him or his character other than the fact that he's Violet's crush and goes to the same school as her, we need his parents to show up in some form), maybe she does something behind her parents' backs during one of her superhero missions (which Tony sees her do that causes him to realize that he's dating a superhero) that causes a rift between the two parties to emerge (Violet's personal life and goals vs her family's superheroics in regards to her life choices as a growing teenager dating a non-super and trying to be a superhero all at once could put a lot of stress on her to try harder to please her family and protect her boyfriend (and friends from danger), and a new villain could very well take advantage of that and use Violet as a possible weapon via deception to lure her away from the family without her knowing that she was being used, I could be going a little overboard with this (although Violet as the main protagonist for the sequel wouldn't be too far-fetched and out there seeing as Disney/Pixar has been shoe-horning female characters as lead characters in some of their follow-ups lately and to see a female lead like Violet as the main focus (especially since she's one of the most popular family members) would be a cool idea to approach especially if they follow up on the original film's ending that saw her and Tony finally talking and going out before the Underminer decided to pop up unannounced.

(Plus seeing Dash as a teenager and him rebelling against the family would be far too obvious to do seeing as he's the most rebellious member of the Parr family as it is (and seeing him as all-out super-villain would be destroying his established character which is something I can't picture Disney/Pixar doing, I could see Dash possibly dropping his rebel act if Violet ends up rebelling against the parents (which could give us another dinner-scene showdown between the 2 siblings) Violet's already a teenager but we have yet to see what she is capable of doing once she starts rebelling against the family, also teen girls are more likely to rebel against their parents moreso than teen boys as seen in most sitcom and teen drama shows as 9 times out of ten, most of the rebelling teens are portrayed as females (I'm sure there are rebel male teens out there, but most of them end up doing completely different stuff than what teen girls usually do (when teen girls start to rebel they argue with their parents when they don't get what they want or when things don't go the way they want it to, where as teen boys usually just shrug it off when they rebel.)

The most likely news on the plot we'll get will be at D23 Expo next year, seeing as it'll be talking about most of the upcoming films from all of Disney's branches (including Pixar, so expect something on the Incredibles II at the Pixar panel.)

Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
Definitely can't wait for D23, and yes it's probably very likely we'll get more official info and tidbits there.

In regards to the theorized betrayal, a rebellious teenager type of thing would definitely work, I think I too would prefer to see Violet rather than Dash take the role of the rebel, though if they decide to advance time 15 years (a la Toy Story 2/3) then Jack Jack would also be an option. However, a rebellious teenager is only one of many possibilities, that was just the first that came to my head; other possibilities I can think of now is a divorce between Mr and Mrs Incredible that perhaps causes the kids to take sides and makes the family vulnerable for exploitation (Incredibles 1 was about a midlife crisis, a very adult-centric topic, so a divorce would follow in the same direction, instead of heading in a more kid-centric direction with teenage rebellion); perhaps a romantic suitor for either Violet or Dash isn't who they appear to be, and this causes them to have to make tough decisions on who's really their family (this could either tie in with teenage rebellion or be a more later-in-life type of thing depending on how far time is advanced for the sequel); perhaps someone in the family is being extorted and must create a rift against their will for the protection of their family; perhaps the kids are going off to college now, and Mr & Mrs Incredible deal with an empty nest / separated family (again, a more adult-centric theme a la midlife crisis or divorce); perhaps Mr and Mrs Incredible become old and we get a conflict where their children try to put them in a retirement home or something, but the parents refuse to accept the limitations and challenges of their aging (the old veterans vs the young hot shot rookies, a la Cars 3 a bit?); perhaps one of the family members die and this greatly impacts the dynamic amongst the remaining members (Nemo, TGD and Up have all dealt with death, so it's a common Pixar theme).

And that's all assuming there even is a split in the family, which there may not be. So for now we'll probably just have to wait patiently.
Quote 0 0
VioletParrfanatic1989

ReptilePatrol wrote:
Definitely can't wait for D23, and yes it's probably very likely we'll get more official info and tidbits there. In regards to the theorized betrayal, a rebellious teenager type of thing would definitely work, I think I too would prefer to see Violet rather than Dash take the role of the rebel, though if they decide to advance time 15 years (a la Toy Story 2/3) then Jack Jack would also be an option. However, a rebellious teenager is only one of many possibilities, that was just the first that came to my head; other possibilities I can think of now is a divorce between Mr and Mrs Incredible that perhaps causes the kids to take sides and makes the family vulnerable for exploitation (Incredibles 1 was about a midlife crisis, a very adult-centric topic, so a divorce would follow in the same direction, instead of heading in a more kid-centric direction with teenage rebellion); perhaps a romantic suitor for either Violet or Dash isn't who they appear to be, and this causes them to have to make tough decisions on who's really their family (this could either tie in with teenage rebellion or be a more later-in-life type of thing depending on how far time is advanced for the sequel); perhaps someone in the family is being extorted and must create a rift against their will for the protection of their family; perhaps the kids are going off to college now, and Mr & Mrs Incredible deal with an empty nest / separated family (again, a more adult-centric theme a la midlife crisis or divorce); perhaps Mr and Mrs Incredible become old and we get a conflict where their children try to put them in a retirement home or something, but the parents refuse to accept the limitations and challenges of their aging (the old veterans vs the young hot shot rookies, a la Cars 3 a bit?); perhaps one of the family members die and this greatly impacts the dynamic amongst the remaining members (Nemo, TGD and Up have all dealt with death, so it's a common Pixar theme). And that's all assuming there even is a split in the family, which there may not be. So for now we'll probably just have to wait patiently.

Indeed, D23 is more or less is where we're going to get news from (I wonder if Brad Bird is going to make a special guest appearance but introducing himself Edna Mode style seeing as it's his film, he should have the honors.)

And that's one of the reasons why I don't want another retirement-like plot element for the 2nd film (it was more or less dealt with in the 1st film via the Supers Banned movement after the lawsuits and Bob's Mid-Life Crisis dealt with that retirement plot element perfectly as he missed the action and felt that his Glory Days were long gone and he would never get them back, and Bird wants to go new directions rather than reusing old ideas from the past as Edna Mode puts it best, although it could be built up and brought up at times leading to the climax as the kids take over to defeat the main villain whoever the main baddie is), splitting the family up via divorce was also brought up in the 1st film on the island as one of Violet's greatest fears that she doesn't want to face when Helen left them behind to try to find and confront Bob about him lying behind her and her kids' backs (a near-divorce-like story is a possible option if Violet rebels against the family which could split her family apart forcing her to confront her fears over her horrible decisions she makes, and could very well be our possible plot as it fits in well with the arc we got from the 1st film and wouldn't involve doing a huge time gap, plus a teen girl rebelling is far more believable to see on the big screen than say Jack-Jack rebelling as a 6-7 year old or even pre-teens), the college element isn't very popular in the Pixar world (it worked perfectly for Toy Story 3's plot device because it was set up thanks to Toy Story 2's story as it dealt with Woody's fear of Andy growing up and abandoning him later in life, but kind of failed in Monsters University as a setting and they haven't used it since then, but could be used as part of the 3rd film as a coming-of-age type of story, even though teenage rebellion with Violet could be counted as a coming-of-age story as well seeing as she would be forced to mature very rapidly to progress herself in order to bring her family back from the brink of tearing themselves apart while dealing with the villain that causes all of it to happen), also the young up-coming heroes vs the old worn out heroes would be far too recent to use (seeing as Cars 3 is dealing with that story already, so that's easily ruled out, although it could be brought up here and there, but not as the main focal point with numerous new supers popping up but not in Metroville but in other cities like New York, Paris, Tokyo and even Moscow (Bird also did say he wants to explore their universe more in-depth this time around and it's been awhile since we had a globe trotting focused story, although better handled than Cars 2), a death in the family would be far too dark to pull off and would probably upset the fans depending on which character they kill off (seeing as Craig T. Nelson is in his 70s now and anything could happen to him from now til 2019 (as we saw what what happened to poor Elizabeth Pena 2 years ago which now puts Mirage's possible role in the story in complete limbo), Mr. Incredible would be my guess as a possible death (granted a death to a character's family member/mentor isn't really that common as we have the other 3 films that could possibly deal with it in their own ways (along with Coco, which is clearly going to focus on death as a theme with Miguel hunting for his lost dead family and ancestors which could rule it out for the Incredibles II), even though Bob's story arc is more or less finished aside from Bomb-Voyage, whom he still needs to catch which is one the many mysteries that should be dealt with 1st (and fans are waiting to find out where he's been hiding after 15 years), remember kids are the target audience as are teens (and new fans who are going to see this film would want to see the familiar faces again intact, that's the reason we didn't get an older Nemo in Finding Dory, and fans were literally screaming for Teenager Nemo to happen in Finding Dory but Disney/Pixar stuck with the designs that made those characters pop (plus fishies barely look any different aside from being bigger as adults compared to when they are cute little tiny babies).

I'll wait patiently as we all will (I just hope and pray that they don't ruin the designs of the characters, sans Dash and Jack-Jack who are more likely to get design changes anyways as males get older they look completely different compared to when they were younger (I just don't want to see Violet's current design get changed as she ages to adulthood seeing as she's my favorite character of the series, seeing her getting a design change that makes her look like her mom in her post-time skip look would be a bit out of character for her (plus Violet looks better with longer hair than shorter hair as the longer hairstyle just makes her feel complete, unless they pull a Riley Andersen for her hairstyle if they want to slightly shorten her hairstyle without completely changing it.)

Also aging the characters with a big time skip would more or less kill Edna Mode off in the process and she's a very popular character in general (seeing as she was 60 years old in the post-15 years timeline, another 15 year gap would make her 75 years old and possibly be placed on life-support at this point, so someone needs to fill in on making super-suits and it wouldn't have the same comedic factor as it would with Edna).

Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
I love some of the plot ideas you have all put forward. I personally would like to see more on the idea that ReptilePatrol put forward - "perhaps someone in the family is being extorted and must create a rift against their will for the protection of their family" 

That would be enthralling on the big screen and always plays well because audiences know both sides prior to all the character which totally engages people more.

Oh, and I don't believe in any way that they could have a character die. The other films where someone dies, it happens early on where we don't "necessarily" get as involved with the character that deeply. If they bumped off one of the main characters that we've seen in an entire prior film, people would lose their minds. [Smug_zpsbec03801] 
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy