mynameiskhannie Show full post »
mynameiskhannie
Nice photos you got there.

Hey, they brought back the old logo (or at least a modified version) for the hat!
[Inside-Out-inside-out-37132012-300-300] 
Quote 0 0
shadowjonathan
Ultimate iPad Expert wrote:
I found some pictures from on Giacchino's website that are from scoring sessions. Just figured I'd put them here.
[inside-out-1] 
[inside-out-2]

Plus, I really want that hat now. [Big-Grin_zps23ec4c40]

me 2 [Big-Grin_zps23ec4c40][Winking_zps1d9118ce]
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to pass the word along on something kind of cool! The musician who wrote the description that mynameiskhannie posted (originally from the Pixar Planet Forums) about the Inside Out scoring session reached out and since the group was showing interest in the process, they wanted to point out some additional write-ups they've done regarding the scoring process for WALL•E and Up and a smattering of news about some of the other Pixar scoring sessions as well. Here are some links for more info - check them out and then let's chat about them in the respective film's sections (whoever comments first can start the topic under the WALL•E and Up Forums...who will it be)! [Big-Grin_zps23ec4c40]

Here's the link to more info about WALL•E on the Pixar Planet Forum - look for the username miafka and enjoy!

Here's the link to more info about Up on the Pixar Planet Forum - there's some really great info here! It's really great to go back and read these perspectives since they're in the past now (like reading about Docter's description of Up and how it was scored at Warner Bros....the same as Inside Out now)!

Oh - and they also passed along additional details on music in trailers (check out the second post in the thread) after they read about our discussion of whether or not Giacchino wrote the music which played at the D23 Expo. Guess what...according to miafka, most likely it wasn't...in fact his direct quote to me was, that would almost never be the case
Quote 0 0
mynameiskhannie
[11032858_805518459537615_2007541392_n] 
So Pixar posted this picture on its Instagram account that shows a recording session during the film.

But where does it take place is the real answer. The emotions seem to be playing instruments on a swirly background. Maybe this is part of the credits, but I don't know.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
I wouldn't be surprised if we caught a glimpse of this during the next trailer! Awesome!
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Side Note - in case anyone is interested, miafka, the user who discussed the Inside Out scoring process that Harry posted about at the beginning of this thread, wrote about the Tomorrowland scoring process as well - I posted more details on this forum thread. Pretty interesting stuff. 
Quote 0 0
miafka
Hi all,
I've posted occasionally over on Pixar Planet for a while, mostly (though not always) about the scoring process, as I'm a studio musician who has played on a lot of Pixar's films (and like them as much as my kids). Though I don't spend a lot of time online, I came across Pixar Post here not too long ago, and chuckled a bit to see that some of my posts were cross-posted here (I don't mind at all, just thought it was kind of funny). I'm not a Pixar employee, I've just worked on many of their pictures over the years, starting with the original Toy Story 20 years ago (that was neat to be a part of). I keep a strict No Spoiler policy, but am happy to answer non-spoiler questions on scoring or anything else.

FYI, my earlier posts on scoring Wall-E and Up (TJ put links to them earlier in this thread) talk a lot about what it's like recording soundtracks in general (everything from what a click-track is to where trailer music comes from), so the later ones are more just "this happened and that happened" (since a lot of the explanations were covered in the earlier ones). Anyway, thought I should register and say hi here, since someone was kind enough to put up some of my posts here and Pixar Post seems like a fine place as well. If you have any questions I'll try to answer them when I can, but again, won't reveal spoilers.

A few misc. things:
- Yup, those hats were pretty neat. I don't know if they'll be available to everyone or if they're just for crew. In the past, Pixar sometimes made special hats for the orchestra (for instance, for "Ratatouille" we got hats that said "I'm with Le Rat Band" on the back), but no complaints at all, this is a great hat. Maybe these (or similar ones) will be available in the future.

- Don't know when the soundtrack will be out. It should be by the time the film comes out (as we finished scoring in January), but there's nothing on Amazon yet. The one time a physical CD wasn't initially released for a Pixar film was for Up -- which wound up winning the Oscar for best score. After a while, a small company got the rights to release it on CD (limited to 10,000 units), but now you can apparently buy a "Made-to-Order" version of it on Amazon. Hopefully Inside Out will have a CD release as well as digital.

- Was music in an early promo from the movie? Nope. Since music is one of the last things done on a film (often just 1-2 months before a film is released) and trailers are made early, music from the actual film usually isn't available. Sometimes animated films will score earlier (but not anything like a year or two beforehand). However now that scoring for Inside Out finished, music can be included on the trailers if they want -- and has now happened. If you want to hear a very short snippet of music from the actual movie, check out the opening of the new Spanish trailer. The first 20 seconds is actual music from the movie itself.
Quote 1 0
mynameiskhannie
Well, I'm glad you finally made it and discovered us here, welcome!
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
miafka wrote:
Hi all, I've posted occasionally over on Pixar Planet for a while, mostly (though not always) about the scoring process, as I'm a studio musician who has played on a lot of Pixar's films (and like them as much as my kids). Though I don't spend a lot of time online, I came across Pixar Post here not too long ago, and chuckled a bit to see that some of my posts were cross-posted here (I don't mind at all, just thought it was kind of funny). I'm not a Pixar employee, I've just worked on many of their pictures over the years, starting with the original Toy Story 20 years ago (that was neat to be a part of). I keep a strict No Spoiler policy, but am happy to answer non-spoiler questions on scoring or anything else. FYI, my earlier posts on scoring Wall-E and Up (TJ put links to them earlier in this thread) talk a lot about what it's like recording soundtracks in general (everything from what a click-track is to where trailer music comes from), so the later ones are more just "this happened and that happened" (since a lot of the explanations were covered in the earlier ones). Anyway, thought I should register and say hi here, since someone was kind enough to put up some of my posts here and Pixar Post seems like a fine place as well. If you have any questions I'll try to answer them when I can, but again, won't reveal spoilers. A few misc. things: - Yup, those hats were pretty neat. I don't know if they'll be available to everyone or if they're just for crew. In the past, Pixar sometimes made special hats for the orchestra (for instance, for "Ratatouille" we got hats that said "I'm with Le Rat Band" on the back), but no complaints at all, this is a great hat. Maybe these (or similar ones) will be available in the future. - Don't know when the soundtrack will be out. It should be by the time the film comes out (as we finished scoring in January), but there's nothing on Amazon yet. The one time a physical CD wasn't initially released for a Pixar film was for Up -- which wound up winning the Oscar for best score. After a while, a small company got the rights to release it on CD (limited to 10,000 units), but now you can apparently buy a "Made-to-Order" version of it on Amazon. Hopefully Inside Out will have a CD release as well as digital. - Was music in an early promo from the movie? Nope. Since music is one of the last things done on a film (often just 1-2 months before a film is released) and trailers are made early, music from the actual film usually isn't available. Sometimes animated films will score earlier (but not anything like a year or two beforehand). However now that scoring for Inside Out finished, music can be included on the trailers if they want -- and has now happened. If you want to hear a very short snippet of music from the actual movie, check out the opening of the new Spanish trailer. The first 20 seconds is actual music from the movie itself.

Well! Thank you for clearing things up!! One of the things that Pixar never fails at is music!! It must be wonderful working for Pixar. So this means you´ve watched all of Inside Out? I hope it´s an amazing movie!

Quote 0 0
miafka
Well, PixarPost here just beat me to it, but for those who didn't see the main page, Amazon now has a listing for the Inside Out Soundtrack -- and it will be available on a physical CD (as well, I'm sure, as MP3s later on): http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Out-Various-Artists/dp/B00WHZZGFK/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1429764310&sr=8-9&keywords=inside+out+soundtrack Amazon has the release date as June 16, 2015, but I've found that these dates can be somewhat fluid. Still, it will be out around the time the movie comes out. Those of you who are diehard Pixar soundtrack fans will know that Pixar also has a tradition of making a "Cast & Crew" CD for their various movies (do a Google search if you're curious). However, these Cast & Crew CDs are NOT for sale, but instead are given as gifts to the cast and crew who worked on the film. Often, the tracklist on these C&C CDs will be slightly different than the CD that's for sale in the stores... but we orchestra members don't get them (or the regular CD either) -- we have to buy the regular CD in the store just like everyone else (we get the crew hats, though) [smile] As of now, there's no tracklist up on Amazon for the CD, but in time I'm sure the tracks will be listed...
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
I'm really glad you saw the post on the main page about the soundtrack release date. I am also thrilled that the soundtrack will be out on CD (like Monsters U was). As convenient as it is to have the digital release, it's also great to have the physical disc as well (with the slightly increased quality).

Since you mentioned the Cast and Crew CDs - those are amazing and if anyone hasn't heard of those before, you definitely need to look into them. It's fantastic to hear the extra tracks that get left off general release soundtracks. I actually have actually spent quite a bit of time collecting and scouring eBay in order to own as many of them as I can. The one that has been talked about for a long time is Cars, as it doesn't appear that a Cast and Crew or "For Your Consideration" soundtrack was ever produced with extra tracks (beyond the in-store release). <--- If you've ever heard anything on this one, I'm all ears! [smile_zpsf797a80b]

Also, about the Up soundtrack - you're 100% correct that there's the on-demand service on Amazon (which I don't know why, but I find kind of odd). But, did you also know that an even smaller group of the Up soundtrack was actually "officially created" and sold at the Pixar Studio Store? I was lucky enough to grab one of the non-on-demand copies while at the studio and love having it in my collection.

Additionally, if you get the hats, I think you should definitely get a copy of the cast and crew CD! It only seems fair since you're part of the group actually creating the soundtrack, right?! Ha! [Big-Grin_zps23ec4c40]

It's interesting that you note the release date being fluid - we'll keep a close eye on it and see if the date changes at all.
Quote 0 0
goldenstate5
Kinda weird that they won't let you pre-order the digital album yet.
Quote 0 0
happyland
Found the Inside Out soundtrack one other place so far: Barnes and Noble, where it's quite a bit cheaper than Amazon (currently $10.89, as opposed to Amazon's $13.98):
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/inside-out/28753747?ean=50087311889&itm=1&usri=%22inside+out%22+soundtrack

If you want it on MP3, we'll have to wait to see who will sell it that way, but if you want a CD, I've found that Amazon is now usually the most expensive place for CDs (the reason I decided to look elsewhere) and hardly discounts them at all anymore.

So BN now has it for preorder for $10.89, and as the date gets closer I'm sure other stores like Target, WalMart, Blowitouttahere, DeepDiscount and so forth will be selling it.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Just a heads up that the cover art and track listing for the soundtrack have been released - read more in this forum post.
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy