mynameiskhannie Show full post »
PIX-R.113
The Day of the Dead project I think is going to probably coming out in 2017 or 2018. [Winking_zps1d9118ce]
Quote 0 0
maxxie03
Probably late 2017. I guess we'll get an official announcement during the 2015 D23 Expo. 
Quote 0 0
PIX-R.113
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxie03
I guess we'll get an official announcement during the 2015 D23 Expo.

I'm hoping that too.
Quote 0 0
maxxie03
Character designer Daniel Arriaga posted a new logo for Coco to his Instagram page. The logo is pretty much the same, but the skull has been replaced with 2 guitars. Could this hint at the movie being a musical? Or at least guitars having a pretty major part in the film's story.

https://www.instagram.com/rrr_yaga/
Quote 1 0
Luis504170
maxxie03 wrote:
Character designer Daniel Arriaga posted a new logo for Coco to his Instagram page. The logo is pretty much the same, but the skull has been replaced with 2 guitars. Could this hint at the movie being a musical? Or at least guitars having a pretty major part in the film's story.

https://www.instagram.com/rrr_yaga/

I mean, as we saw on the concept art, Miguel carries a guitar behind his back. I was born in Mexico and the guitar's in the day of the dead are symbolic. They play them everywhere on the street.
Quote 1 0
maxxie03
Luis504170 wrote:

I mean, as we saw on the concept art, Miguel carries a guitar behind his back. I was born in Mexico and the guitar's in the day of the dead are symbolic. They play them everywhere on the street.

Even if Miguel carries a guitar or plays the guitar, I feel it has to have some really big significance in the film for it to be featured on the logo. The film being a musical would make sense. 
Quote 1 0
Luis504170
maxxie03 wrote:

Even if Miguel carries a guitar or plays the guitar, I feel it has to have some really big significance in the film for it to be featured on the logo. The film being a musical would make sense. 

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a musical. I would love to see Pixar tackle down that sort of tactic. They've experimented with that before (Boundin', Lava) I'm also very excited to see how the music influences the setting (it worked perfectly for Ratatouille)
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
So, what's interesting is that in a recent interview (as part of the Bancroft Brothers Podcast) with Andrew Stanton, Andrew was casually talking about how new ideas come to light at Pixar. In a passing note he said something to the effect of, "if someone brought the idea of a musical to us, we'd consider it...nothing is out of the range of consideration for a Pixar film". Again, that's me totally paraphrasing (and he mentioned other ideas outside of musicals) so don't take it as a quote, but what caught my ears was when he mentioned that they'd consider a musical, it definitely came across as if there wasn't one on the docket at Pixar currently.

Andrew would certainly know what's going on with Lee's film and the further this goes on, the more I think it will be a standard Pixar film, but just have more song-elements, like Toy Story
Quote 1 0
CanadianPixarFan
I've been away from this Forum for a while but I'm glad to be back.

I don't think the film will be a musical either but I do think that music will be a very big part of this film. Possibly more than any other Pixar film, or at least in a different way than they've done before. We'll might find more about this as more plot details are released.
Quote 1 0
PixarsBiggestFan
Music is very important in Día de los Muertos. I learned this is Spanish class in school, and when I was souvenir shopping in New Mexico on my last day of vacation, I noticed all things related to Día de los Muertos has guitars.
Quote 2 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy