Peace_Love_Pixar Show full post »
Movie Bear
I love the ad's clever word play on the "You're me and more" quote from the movie...intentional or not [smile_zpsf797a80b]

Pixar Post - T.J. wrote:
Another quick update - not sure if anyone else saw this or not, but the Target release of The Good Dinosaur will have exclusive content again. The don't mention the run-time of the extra content or anything so it looks like we'll have to wait until Tuesday to check it out. Looks like it comes with the Ultimate Collectors Edition (DVD/Blu-Ray/3D Blu-ray/Digital) and the DVD/Blu-ray/Digital edition.

Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 9.57.02 AM.png 

I haven't seen any other store with extras or bonus content - anyone else seen anything?
Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
To coincide with the release tomorrow, they're also doing a live Q&A on Twitter with Pete Sohn:

https://twitter.com/disneypixar/status/701813752480534529
Quote 0 0
Arlo
The Good Dinosaur was a Pixar film I really loved upon release, I immediately fell in love with the characters, the beautiful scenery and world upon which they lived, and not to mention the wonderful, heartfelt story and message of the film! So obviously I was very excited for The Good Dinosaur's blu-ray release, and I was even more excited to see that Disneystore.com, had sent me the film (which I pre-ordered online) a day early! The version I got was the blu-ray/dvd combo pack (which by the way came with four Disney Store exclusive The Good Dinosaur lithographs). So I was super hyped to start watching it and all of it's super cool bonus content! Now The Good Dinosaur looks fantastic on Blu-Ray, just like in theaters it is visually breathtaking and looks gorgeous on High Defenition Blu-Ray. The audio for the blu-ray was so amazing that whenever the score started to play I would get goosebumps! The commentary for the film was also great and Director Pete Sohn, Kelsey Mann, Sharon Callahan, Sanjay Bakshi, and Mike Venturini , provided some great insight on the film and all the work involved in creating the film. We are also given some bonus features which include the short Sanjay's Super Team, (which is one of my favorite shorts of all time), and just like The Good Dino, Sanjay looks great on Blu-Ray as well, the scenes with the Hindu gods fighting the shape-shifter are visually stunning in High Defenition. It also includes many very interesting behind the scenes bonus features including "THE FILMMAKER'S JOURNEY", "FOLLOWING THE T-REX TRAIL" and "EVERY PART OF THE DINOSAUR". It also included a short video called "True Lies About Dinosaurs". Not to mention the deleted scenes "Building The Silo" and "The Attack", there is also a Disney Movies Anywhere exclusive deleted scene called: "Waiting For Poppa". Also there is the fun "Recycleosarus" bonus feature, to show how creative Pixar employees can get, as well as the "Just Listen" featurette featuring composers of The Good Dinosaur's score, Mychael and Jeff Danna as well as sound designer Craig Berkey collecting the sounds that would be featured in the film. You are also given variations of different promos made for the film (just like Mind Candy with the Inside Out blu-ray). There is another sort-of promo included called Hide and Go Seek, which is a very cute promo! Overall I strongly recommend that you go buy the blu-ray version of The Good Dinosaur. It not only features the amazing and it's amazing short but also features tons and tons of cool bonus features, that families, animation fans and Pixar fans can truly enjoy! I can also imagine the Blu-Ray 3D version of the film being extremely beautiful and breathtaking! Overall I strongly recommend it and I give this Blu-Ray release a 10/10. 

Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Awesome, great to hear the reviews coming in from the forum users - we wrote up our review this evening as well - here's the link to our site to read the whole review. I'd post it here, but it's looonnggg! [Smug_zpsbec03801]

Some cool things on the digital front - for instance, it's the first time the Director's Commentary is included digitally! Yeah! More details and previews at the link above.

What else does everyone think? It's a little more scaled back than some of the prior releases in terms of total run time for the extras, but there's definitely some great stuff still there too!
Quote 1 0
Arlo
Yeah, the Inside Out one had way more bonus features, I wonder why The Good Dinosaur had less bonus features, I mean it still had tons of fantastic stuff in there as you said TJ (and enough for me), but it didn't have nearly as much as the Inside Out one. I think that may have to do with how the film did at the Box Office and it's lukewarm critical reception, compared to that of Inside Out. 

Yes I think it's great that they've included the director's commentary on the digital version of the film.  

Great to have picked up a new Blu-Ray haven't picked up one in a while since Toy Story That Time Forgot and Inside Out, though. And it's great to add The Good Dinosaur to my now "complete" Pixar DVD/Blu-Ray movie collection
Quote 1 0
Sally
Got the 3D version (i usually buy the 3D versions since i have a 3D tv) and i have to say, the film in 3D look WAY beyond my expectation

The deleted scenes were fine, my favorite of the three is the silo one

The commentary was a great spot on, my favorite of all the features

Sanjay's Super Team looks amazing, loved it

Overall: 8.5/10
Quote 1 0
Arlo
Yes I've heard very good things about the blu-ray 3D version of the film! I actually don't have a Blu-ray 3D player, so that was kind of out of the question for me. 
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
My comment below has a spoiler in case you're avoiding them
Sally wrote:
The deleted scenes were fine, my favorite of the three is the silo one

My favorite of the deleted scenes was the Waiting For Poppa one because it showed some of the other dinosaurs which the movie was originally going to have. Call me a weakling, but I thought that deleted scene handled his Father's death more appropriately, but still had the emotional weight behind it (and it would still provide a reason for Arlo to be afraid of the storm).

I still think the way Poppa (Henry) was killed in the final film was too intense - each time we saw it in the theaters, some kids were muttering as soon as it happened asking what was going on. One of my friends had to leave when their kid wouldn't stop crying. Don't get me wrong, they nailed the animation of that scene and his eyes and facial expressions are phenomenally done, but it was just too intense in my opinion. Him passing off screen and then having it explained to the family (with the Mom falling to her knees) still sold the intensity of the death without being over the top. Again...just my opinion...doesn't mean I'm right, but that's why I liked that deleted scene the most.
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy