hotdogboy96 Show full post »
andreas the pixar maniac
i know this has nothing to do with this topic but i would like to know how to get a picture for my profile becuse my favorite pixar movie is wall.e and i would like to have a picture of wall.e as my avatar[smile]
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Oh no, Arlo's obsessive fear over everything is a bit annoying. You see him being paralyzed with terror by a harmless bug, worrying about if the animals "have claws and sharp teeth" when he's talking and standing next to T-rexes, and straight out abandoning his best friend that was taking him back to his home and continually defended him because he's scared. And it doesn't help that his voice is so "innocent" (Note, however, that I don't mind the way his voice sounds, just the fact that they try and use that to show Arlo's fearful nature too much).

Oh, I'm so disappointed! This is Pixar for crying out loud, and this movie looks weak and kind of cliché. I'd watch it anyway in hope of being proved wrong, but my ultimate worry is that I'll be right. Ohhhhh.... [frown]
Quote 1 2
tfan695
A hostile with claws and big teeth is certainly a lot more frightening than a friendly with them.
Quote 0 0
mac95
I really like that clip! The effects on that wheat in the field, the way it sways in the wind... Incredible!
One complaint I have that actually really worries me is that the T. Rex's aren't convincing to me in the sense that I don't buy their weight. They are supposed to be these 10-ton animals, and here they are quickly tiptoeing along the ground? They should be lumbering around! the ground should tremble with each step!
One of the things the filmmakers want to convey is how small Arlo is in comparison to the world around him. So I guess I thought that the T. Rex's would push that. 

Quote:
Originally posted by Peace_Love_Pixar
You see him being paralyzed with terror by a harmless bug, worrying about if the animals "have claws and sharp teeth" when he's talking and standing next to T-rexes, and straight out abandoning his best friend that was taking him back to his home and continually defended him because he's scared.

At this point in the story, Arlo certainly hasn't abandoned Spot as he is right on Arlo's back.
And why do you not like Arlo's fear of the world around him? Not only is it logical, but it is also part of a "character arc". By the end of the film, I'm sure he will have learned from his journey and not be so fearful.
Quote 1 0
Raz Yizhack
just watched the second trailer of the good dinosaur in hebrew dub (the language in israel) and find out that the voice of the big T-Rex is the same as Brus from finding nemo (in hebrew of course) ,by the way the T-rex's group really reminds me the sharks group from finding nemo .so when i will hear him talking i will always think about brus probably .
I liked the clip its like a western when they hide behind the stones before the action.and the music\sound of the guitar at the start of it makes it even more of a western moment.
Quote 1 0
tfan695
Regarding the T-Rexes, in this movie they've evolved to be lighter on their feet, which I suppose would make them more apt for a living such as bison ranching. You can see in other clips that they gallop like horses.

The nice thing about this premise is that they're not limited to how we believe dinosaurs behaved. They can be a little imaginative with them. This movie is intended as a fantasy and should be evaluated as such.
Quote 0 0
andreas the pixar maniac
Peace wernt you the guy who loved cars 2? that movie  was  pretty weak and cliché at least in my option and im not trying to insult you or anything i just want to know what  it is you like about that movie and what you dont like in this movie besides the score and arlo and as i said before  im not trying to insult you for likeing that movie i just want to know why you love cars2 and why you think your gonna hate the good dinosaur well anyway thats all i have to say goodbye for now[smile]
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
tfan695 wrote:
A hostile with claws and big teeth is certainly a lot more frightening than a friendly with them.

Well of course, but if anything, he should be worried on whether or not they'll stampede in his direction and run him over. Additionally, that's a kind of dumb fear, given the fact that the animals grazing aren't probably gonna rare on their hind legs and swat out with their hoofs, revealing unsheathed large claws, and I doubt that they have big, sharp teeth. Another thing is that Arlo walks around like an elephant, but I think is bigger than one, so he shouldn't be that scared because he could just kick one of his legs out and knock one of the creatures out, and though that's really violent and I don't want to see that in the movie, realistically, that's what could happen.
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
mac95 wrote:

Quote:
Originally posted by Peace_Love_Pixar
You see him being paralyzed with terror by a harmless bug, worrying about if the animals "have claws and sharp teeth" when he's talking and standing next to T-rexes, and straight out abandoning his best friend that was taking him back to his home and continually defended him because he's scared.

At this point in the story, Arlo certainly hasn't abandoned Spot as he is right on Arlo's back.
And why do you not like Arlo's fear of the world around him? Not only is it logical, but it is also part of a "character arc". By the end of the film, I'm sure he will have learned from his journey and not be so fearful.

I'm not saying it's a bad character arc. In fact, it is pretty good, and they really try to emphasize how scared Arlo is of the world around him to really show how much he's changed by the end of the movie, which is something that's gotta be admired. But I don't know if it's really logical.

Arlo lived in a farm all his life, so he'd be more of a country boy and not be so fearful of every little animal/insect. So it's kind of weird that he's so terrified of everything when he's so exposed as a farming Apatosaurus, unless his family babies him and keeps him at home protected from the evilest field mouse to the cruelest butterfly, which is something that's not appreciated.

I don't know mac95. Can you explain to me what you mean by logical? I'm kind of confused.

As for Andreas, I'll answer you're post later when I have more time. [wink]
Quote 1 0
hotdogboy96
There's a new clip of how Butch got his bite scar. It's pretty hardcore, he doesn't mess around. [eek] 
I can't post it atm, but if someone else can that would be great! [smile_zpsf797a80b]
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Got ya'...clip embedded below! Wow, that got dark real fast! Ha!

Quote 0 0
andreas the pixar maniac
all I can say about this clip is DANG
Quote 0 0
mac95
Wow. What an AWESOME clip. When Butch said that Arlo wasn't ready for his story, I was debating in my head if they would really make it intense or if they would kind of, for lack of a better term, "Calm it down" and I was happy they went intense! I am loving how they not only visually show the danger of the world, but also through Butch's story you really get a sense of the harsh environment.
I love the character of Butch, and I was so immersed in his story. Excellent camerawork with the slow zoom-in to Butch, and cutting back to look at Arlo's expression. I like Nash's comment about how the story always "gives him goosies." Hilarious! Except, I wish they had made Butch's arms a little shorter. They look hilarious and a little distracting to me! That's only really a nitpick though, this movie looks incredible!
By the way, does anyone know the ages of Ramsey and Nash? speaking of their family, what happened to the mother? Will we learn what happened to her in the movie, or is it an Andy's dad situation where the character just wasn't important to the story and therefore not worth the time and money to make?

And Peace_Love_Pixar, I mean that his fear for the world is logical because he is a little kid who has never really left his farm or his family, and he wakes up in a completely new place having no idea where he is and what will happen to him. And as for the bugs on the farm, well... Some people are just naturally fearful, that's their personality.
Quote 1 0
hotdogboy96
mac95 I'm glad too that they didn't sugarcoat the story for children. I think Nash and Ramsey are teenagers. 
I'm not sure about their mother, but my guess is they probably won't address her. 

Don't know if anybody else feels this way, but I got a Jaws vibe from that scene. [Smug_zpsbec03801]

Quote 0 0
BlueSharkGreenSnake
mac95 wrote:
By the way, does anyone know the ages of Ramsey and Nash? speaking of their family, what happened to the mother? Will we learn what happened to her in the movie, or is it an Andy's dad situation where the character just wasn't important to the story and therefore not worth the time and money to make?

Hmmm...that's actually a really good question. I would guess anywhere between 17 and 20 years old. They're almost as big as Butch, so they're not exactly 'children'. Going by how they act in the junior novel, they act like teenagers hence why I would say at the youngest, they may be around 17 or 18. However, their voices and pretty large size is what makes me guess that they could be young adults around 19 or 20.

As for their mother, well, I have two theories. One is that she's probably dead, killed by rustlers or perhaps a rival t.rex rancher etc. In all reality, I wouldn't doubt that it's an 'andy's dad situation' as you mentioned. She probably didn't have much to contribute to the story and was thus left out. Though in that case, I like to theorize that perhaps Nash and Ramsey have some younger siblings and she stayed back home with them while they and Butch went out to find their stolen herd. I like to think that Butch, Nash and Ramsey are part of a larger family/comunity, and it's their job to keep track of the food. I mean going by the commercials, it's a pretty big herd of buffalo...that's a lot of food for only three T.Rex. Either way, I would also like to see what other people think of these questions and what they would reply with. [smile]
Quote 1 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy