hotdogboy96 Show full post »
ReptilePatrol
I think Disney might be trying to shore up support for The Good Dinosaur in Best Animated Feature, because as of now by the looks of it, The Good Dinosaur might miss out on the Oscars entirely. If it's struggling to get into Best Animated Feature, then Cinematography or Original Score are definitely going to be long shots.

My predictions for Animated Feature:

1) INSIDE OUT [lock]
2) ANOMALISA [lock]
3) SHAUN THE SHEEP MOVIE [lock]

4) BOY AND THE WORLD or THE PROPHET (probably BOY)
5) THE PEANUTS MOVIE or THE GOOD DINOSAUR (probably PEANUTS)

There are five nomination slots in total. Inside Out is a lock for obvious reasons, Anomalisa because of the absolutely stunning reviews and reception it's had, and Shaun the Sheep because Aardman Animations has a 100% nomination rate for their stop-motion movies; the Academy loves stop-motion (just look at them choosing The Boxtrolls over The Lego Movie last year) so that's another plus for Anomalisa and Shaun the Sheep,

After the top three, however, there's 4 solid contenders looking to fit into the two remaining slots. GKIDS usually does extremely well — the Oscars are way more receptive to foreign animation than the Golden Globes, BAFTAs, or Annies. (again, just look at last year's Song of the Sea and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya over The Lego Movie ... or Ernest & Celestine over Monsters U. All GKIDS features). GKIDS has two major films this year with awards buzz - Boy and the World and The Prophet. They might pull off a double nomination like last year, but my guess is probably only one. That leaves the fifth and final slot to a fight between The Good Dinosaur and The Peanuts Movie, and although TGD is more visually impressive, Peanuts has outperformed it both critically and commercially.

So if TGD wants a Best Animated Feature nomination over the likes of GKIDS and The Peanuts Movie, it'll definitely be a very close race, so Disney will no doubt be pushing hard in these last few days (Oscar nominations voting ends Friday).

As for Inside Out, as I've said in the other thread, that's already a lock for this category and is instead focusing on Best Picture.
Quote 2 0
Movie Bear
I'd agree that it appears Disney/Pixar's making a strong effort to push The Good Dinosaur for awards considerations. But that is certainly nothing new in the movie promotion world at this time of year.

However, in TGD's case, this push feels like the company trying to make up for the very poor marketing job they did that ended up hurting the movie's critical and box office performance.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Peace_Love_Pixar wrote:
I don't understand why Pixar's wasting their time promoting The Good Dinosaur when they could be releasing hilarious, awesome new promotions for Inside Out (it came out about 7 months ago).

I would chime in that they're not wasting their time if they're promoting a film that they spent millions on and had a large crew devote years of their life too. They're definitely promoting Inside Out as well but it would be foolish of them on many levels (including putting a wedge between the crews that worked on the films...i.e., office politics) if they were only promoting one film over the other (I mean, just think of the external view if people though, "hmmm, they must not believe in their work".

Like Gray Catbird said as well...it's not like The Good Dino is a piece of junk film that they shouldn't be proud of. It may not have resonated with some audience members the same as prior Pixar films have, but there are a lot of people that are very passionate about this film. Definitely not a waste of time to promote it.

Movie Bear wrote:
However, in TGD's case, this push feels like the company trying to make up for the very poor marketing job they did that ended up hurting the movie's critical and box office performance.

I can definitely see how you feel this way - there were some positioning issues with the marketing early on (based on feedback), but I think it's smart to try and shift gears and put the focus on the cinematography and design elements at this point since that's what their feedback is telling them they have a strong(er) chance in. As Reptile Patrol alluded to...you never know what can happen...remember when people were up in arms about Brave winning the Oscar over Wreck It Ralph? If there's one thing that we do know...it's that the groups that vote on these films enjoys a good curve ball.
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
ReptilePatrol wrote:
I think Disney might be trying to shore up support for The Good Dinosaur in Best Animated Feature, because as of now by the looks of it, The Good Dinosaur might miss out on the Oscars entirely. If it's struggling to get into Best Animated Feature, then Cinematography or Original Score are definitely going to be long shots.

My predictions for Animated Feature:

1) INSIDE OUT [lock]
2) ANOMALISA [lock]
3) SHAUN THE SHEEP MOVIE [lock]

4) BOY AND THE WORLD or THE PROPHET (probably BOY)
5) THE PEANUTS MOVIE or THE GOOD DINOSAUR (probably PEANUTS)

That leaves the fifth and final slot to a fight between The Good Dinosaur and The Peanuts Movie, and although TGD is more visually impressive, Peanuts has outperformed it both critically and commercially.

As for Inside Out, as I've said in the other thread, that's already a lock for this category and is instead focusing on Best Picture.

Ohhhhh, I see, now I understand. [smile]

But I think I'd rather have The Peanuts win the slot. If anything, the animation was definitely something new and really clever, and the story was very nice. [wink]

Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Pixar Post - T.J. wrote:
I would chime in that they're not wasting their time if they're promoting a film that they spent millions on and had a large crew devote years of their life too. They're definitely promoting Inside Out as well but it would be foolish of them on many levels (including putting a wedge between the crews that worked on the films...i.e., office politics) if they were only promoting one film over the other (I mean, just think of the external view if people though, "hmmm, they must not believe in their work".

But the thing is, they're not promoting IO. I mean, ReptilePatrol made an very good point- the reason they're promoting TGD is because it was pretty weak, but they're promoting a film that may not win instead of focusing their resources on a film that has a lot of potential. That's what I mean.

Besides, advertising Inside Out doesn't mean that they don't believe in TGD, but rather, reminding the public of a film that came out more than half a year ago.
Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
There has been promotional material for Inside Out, but it's hard to gauge how much there's been in relation to The Good Dinosaur and other films, because there's online and printed ads and I haven't been everywhere at once to analyze every piece of advertising. Also because Inside Out's promotional material is largely aimed at Best Picture and other major categories, whereas TGD is more focused on Best Animated Feature.

Inside Out's advertising focus started out focusing on Best Picture by avoiding mention of Best Animated Feature — to avoid making people think "Oh it'll win Best Animated Feature, so I don't have to rank it that highly for Best Picture" (this ghettoization is an unintended side effect of having separate categories for animation, documentaries, and foreign films). However, recently it's been focused on Inside Out's Golden Globe nomination for Best Animated Feature so either Disney is flipflopping on strategy or doesn't really know what they're doing (imo), but I guess we'll see just how successful their tactics have been when the nominations are announced next Thursday.

Inside Out is virtually a lock to win Best Animated Feature regardless of whether it gets campaigned or not there, which is awesome. So the narrative on Inside Out has mainly been on how to get it into Best Picture. The Good Dinosaur, on the other hand, will likely struggle to get into Best Animated Feature given the very heavy competition there this year. Blue Sky has been pushing very hard for The Peanuts Movie and GKIDS always manages to defeat the big studio projects with their foreign indie films, so Disney will definitely have to do something if TGD is to prevail here instead.

Anyway, this is just for Oscar nominations. After the nominations are announced, it'll be a whole different story, as that's when they'll zero in on the categories they have a good chance of winning in instead of casting a wide net to snag as many nominations as possible. Regardless of whether Inside Out gets a Best Picture nomination or not and regardless of whether The Good Dinosaur gets a Best Animated Feature nomination or not, I expect that Disney will probably campaign heavily for Inside Out to win Best Animated Feature after the nominations are announced, so that the film can keep its edge over competitors like Anomalisa, its biggest threat. This would likely mean Inside Out setting for just being happy to be nominated for Best Picture and/or The Good Dinosaur just happy to be nominated for Best Animated Feature while IO goes in for the win in Animated Feature and possibly Original Screenplay. It's a very different dynamic predicting Oscars pre-nominations and then post-nominations, so I'll give more detailed thoughts once the nominations have been announced.
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy