andreas the pixar maniac
since the good dinosaur comes out less than a month after the peanuts which one do you guys think will make more money or get better reviews? im kinda afraid that the peanuts movie will be a bigger hit box office wise because of the fact that its based on a very popular franchise so all the people who grow up with the tv specials and comics will get all nostalgic and probably go see it with their kids family or see it alone plus the marketing for the peanuts movie has been trough the roof i cant go anywhere with out seeing posters of it or see the toys or see some childrens books based on it and the commercials play all the time on pretty much every tv channel i go to and i also noticed that even though the 2 movies are completely different it does have 2 big things in common because both movies are about a shy and wimpy boy and his best friend and in both movies the best friend is the main charters pet and both of those pets acts like dogs in someway or form whtre it be snoopy whos a dog that acts like a human or spot whos a human that acts like a dog and peanuts is the first movie made by blue sky to get good reviews from the critics and  even though the good dinosaur comes out in less than a month it has barely been marketed at all or at least not in my country and lastly the main reason im afraid peanuts will be more succesful at the box office is the fact that its a comedy and not a drama and most of the kids i know would rather watch a comedy with a bit of drama like the peanuts movie than a drama with a bit of comedy like the good dinosaur and nowadays  its much easyer to market a comedy to Familys than it is to market a drama to Familys but anyway thats just what i have been thinking about this whole week and also sorry for making such a long measage and sorry if some of it dosent make sense becuse of my bad English:/
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
Dude, lucky you! I wish Peanuts was everywhere over here. [Sad_zpsb02439e1]

Well, Minions made way more money than it had any right to despite Inside Out being out at the same time. Clearly two animated movies can make plenty of money at the same time. 

Pretty sure Good Dinosaur isn't meant to be mainly a drama. I can see where that idea would come from with the first trailer, but I think the other one pretty solidly established the movie will be the usual Pixar blend. 

Quote:

peanuts is the first movie made by blue sky to get good reviews from the critics 

That is untrue.
Quote 0 0
andreas the pixar maniac
Oh right i forgot about ice age1 horton and rio1 well then that means its the 4 movie made by blue sky studios to get mostly good reviews[smile]
Quote 0 0
andreas the pixar maniac
oh and i would also like to add that i do like peanuts in fact i love the peanuts im just hopeing that the good dinosaur does well too both crticaly and financially[smile]
Quote 0 0
ReptilePatrol
In reply to Bonnie, Inside Out made more money than Minions domestically, but just didn't perform as well outside North America. However, it seems pretty typical for a sequel to be that successful, given sequels are generally more successful than their original counterparts.

I don't think The Peanuts Movie will outperform The Good Dinosaur financially, and definitely not critically. The Good Dinosaur has dinosaurs and Pixar, so those two alone will probably draw in more audiences. Good word of mouth will likely keep The Good Dinosaur afloat throughout the holiday season too. Peanuts doesn't look like it will get to the top of the North American box office this weekend either, and that's with Spectre and The Martian as the main competition. The Good Dinosaur will probably open at #1 unless Mockingjay Part 2 proves more popular than expected. And with critics, The Good Dinosaur is virtually guaranteed to outperform Peanuts.

That's for the US and Canada. I'm not too sure about other countries, cuz if Minions could outperform Inside Out internationally, there's no reason Peanuts won't be able to do the same in certain markets as well. However, any such impact will be probably be mitigated by Good Dino's success stateside. Finally, marketing wise, and I only speak for Canada, The Good Dinosaur is the one I've seen being marketed more actually - though of course there's also a certain bias at play.

So in conclusion, based on how Peanuts has performed critically and commercially so far, and of what we know so far about The Good Dinosaur critically & commercially, I don't think there'd be any reason to worry about Peanuts trumping TGD. However, Mockingjay Part 2 opens half a week before TGD and their target audiences overlap somewhat, so I'd actually be more concerned about that, in terms of box office - but we'll see when we get there.
Quote 0 0
andreas the pixar maniac
when i said that the peanuts could end up being a bigger hit than the good dinosaur i was mostly talking about the box office im almost sure that the good dinosaur will be the best movie of the year. well that and of course inside out i mean pixar has almost never disapontied me i think all of the movies thire made from 1995 all the way to 2010 had been downright amazing i even the movies that came out after 2011 were pretty good not great but good the only movie thire have ever made that i dident like was cars 2 and as i said before i do like brave and monsters universty i just dont think thire anything special and i admit after 3 disapointments i thought that pixar had lost its toutch and then inside out came out and i was tottaly blown away and as soon as i walked out of the theatre i know that the pixar i loved was back[smile]
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
Never said Inside Out made as much money. I am well aware Minions made more, it greatly lowered my faith in humanity when it happened. I just said they both made money.

Frankly I don't see much reason to fret over which of these two gets more money unless one just makes all the money while the other makes nothing, and there's absolutely no way that's happening because there's a two and a half week gap between their openings. 

I dunno, maybe I'm alone on this, but the only reason I gave a care about whether or not Inside Out out performed Minions was because Minions was a piece of garbage and Inside Out wasn't. If two movies that don't suck are going at it I don't see much of a reason to worry about which trumps the other, unless one sucks all the money from the other, which, again, is extremely unlikely to happen. 

Quote 0 0
andreas the pixar maniac
i agree minions was awful i still get angry over the fact that it made more money than inside out  but even though i hate it it wasent as bad as hotel transylvania 2 that movie was downright painful [anger_80_anim_gif_zpst9rb3ukk]
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
ReptilePatrol wrote:

I don't think The Peanuts Movie will outperform The Good Dinosaur financially, and definitely not critically. The Good Dinosaur has dinosaurs and Pixar, so those two alone will probably draw in more audiences. Good word of mouth will likely keep The Good Dinosaur afloat throughout the holiday season too. Peanuts doesn't look like it will get to the top of the North American box office this weekend either, and that's with Spectre and The Martian as the main competition. The Good Dinosaur will probably open at #1 unless Mockingjay Part 2 proves more popular than expected. And with critics, The Good Dinosaur is virtually guaranteed to outperform Peanuts.

I actually do think Peanuts will outperform The Good Dinosaur critically, but just not financially. Currently, I would give TGD right now a 3.7/5 score, while for sure I'm giving Peanuts a solid 5/5. The story was fantastic, hilarious, and adorable, and the animation style was so unique (in a great way)! I was actually a lot more excited for this film than TGD, and boy, did this movie deliver! [biggrin]

But don't get me wrong, The Good Dinosaur maybe will beat Peanuts because it appeals to a lot of people and it's Pixar. [tongue]

ReptilePatrol wrote:

So in conclusion, based on how Peanuts has performed critically and commercially so far, and of what we know so far about The Good Dinosaur critically & commercially, I don't think there'd be any reason to worry about Peanuts trumping TGD. However, Mockingjay Part 2 opens half a week before TGD and their target audiences overlap somewhat, so I'd actually be more concerned about that, in terms of box office - but we'll see when we get there.

I think there should be. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but there's plenty of good movies coming out between November and December, so I'm not sure if TGD is going to beat the other movies in the money and reviews areas. But that's just me giving my two cents, and TGD is pretty popular...
Quote 0 0
andreas the pixar maniac
wait the peanuts movie is out in your country!!? in my country we have to wait til dec25 to see it[sadness_80_anim_gif_zpsguiaoq8w]
Quote 0 0
Vellerie
Honestly, I think Mockingjay part 2 should not be underestimated, because the Hunger games has a massive, dedicated, obsessive fandom and the first part blasted it's contenders off the chart if I remember correctly. It's highly anticipated. I don't think those movies are that spectacular myself (I enjoyed the books well enough on the other hand), and I don't believe they've ever gotten much critical recognition. But I think that movie will outperform TGD by far. But there have been a lot of huge movies this year (Jurassic World, Avengers 2, the Martian), so I'm not sure Mockingjay 2 will beat out Jurassic World's box office gross....but I do think Star Wars could potential outdo every other movie this year in the box office.
Quote 0 0
Karthik Murali
I think The Good Dinosaur will do better than Peanuts.
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
andreas the pixar maniac wrote:
wait the peanuts movie is out in your country!!? in my country we have to wait til dec25 to see it[sadness_80_anim_gif_zpsguiaoq8w]

Aw man, that's ridiculous! [frown]

But don't worry, the film is definitely worth the wait. It's great, I enjoyed it a lot! [smile]
Quote 0 0
andreas the pixar maniac
just basaed on the trailers alone this movie looks like it could be the best movie of the year beside inside out i also think that the animation is just gorgeous ps my favorite moment in the whole trailer was the the part when Charlie brown is dancing with a mop and then snoopy breaks it and then shows Charlie brown how to dance by doing a spainsh dance number
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
Ha ha, yeah that's hilarious! XD
But even funnier after that is that Charlie Brown starts doing the chicken dance to show Snoopy that he can dance. The animation really gets put into play and it looks positively hilarious! [biggrin]
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy