CanadianPixarFan
To my knowledge, Pixar hasn't given us any indication of who the villain in The Incredibles 2 will be. This isn't so much of a prediction as much as it is fun speculation. I was watching The Incredibles today and an idea hit me and I would love to hear what some of you think...

Here is what I think could be cool: after the successful climax of the first film, Supers are no longer in hiding, they are once again public figures saving the day, protecting citizens and looking awesome. Thanks to supers like The Incredibles, the world is a much safer place. And with a safer world, everyone benefits. Or at least, almost everyone.
[image] 
Enter Gilbert Huph. The insensitive CEO of Insuricare, a major insurance corporation and Bob Parr's boss when he is in hiding. His leadership style is clearly effective from a financial standpoint but extremely questionable from an ethical one. He would rather make money than help people. But the money he makes is enough to keep those stockholders happy, and (in his own words) "keep Insuricare in the black".

But now the supers have returned and the world is a safer place. And the safer people are, the less demand there is for insurance. After losing clients and stockholders, Insuricare gets shut down and Gilbert Huph vows revenge on the Heroes that put him out of business, especially Mr. Incredible, the one who used to work for him and throw him through the walls of his office resulting in serious injury.

I know this might seem like a bit of a stretch, he doesn't have any powers and he isn't a genius inventor like Syndrome. But he does know how to organise and run a company. It might be really cool to see him as an organised crime boss who has built a massive criminal syndicate to take revenge on supers like the Incredibles who put his company out of business.

What do you think of this? Any other ideas?
Quote 1 0
VioletParrfanatic1989

CanadianPixarFan wrote:
To my knowledge, Pixar hasn't given us any indication of who the villain in The Incredibles 2 will be. This isn't so much of a prediction as much as it is fun speculation. I was watching The Incredibles today and an idea hit me and I would love to hear what some of you think...

Here is what I think could be cool: after the successful climax of the first film, Supers are no longer in hiding, they are once again public figures saving the day, protecting citizens and looking awesome. Thanks to supers like The Incredibles, the world is a much safer place. And with a safer world, everyone benefits. Or at least, almost everyone.
[image] 
Enter Gilbert Huph. The insensitive CEO of Insuricare, a major insurance corporation and Bob Parr's boss when he is in hiding. His leadership style is clearly effective from a financial standpoint but extremely questionable from an ethical one. He would rather make money than help people. But the money he makes is enough to keep those stockholders happy, and (in his own words) "keep Insuricare in the black".

But now the supers have returned and the world is a safer place. And the safer people are, the less demand there is for insurance. After losing clients and stockholders, Insuricare gets shut down and Gilbert Huph vows revenge on the Heroes that put him out of business, especially Mr. Incredible, the one who used to work for him and throw him through the walls of his office resulting in serious injury.

I know this might seem like a bit of a stretch, he doesn't have any powers and he isn't a genius inventor like Syndrome. But he does know how to organise and run a company. It might be really cool to see him as an organised crime boss who has built a massive criminal syndicate to take revenge on supers like the Incredibles who put his company out of business.

I think this could very well work, especially if it picks up about a year or two after Syndrome's/Underminer's rampage.

He could very well end up becoming Xerek, seeing as he's about the same size as the villain, it's not too much of a stretch if you think about it.

It's good to see you back CanadianPixarFan, I'm still betting on the Jack-Jack/Dash villain rumors as nothing but complete fakes at this point.

Quote 1 0
Arlo
I like that fan theory idea[arrow-10x10] a lot CanadianPixarFan. As for me personally I would like for Syndrome to return as villain! I know Pixar hasn't made a sequel, where a villain from the previous appears again. But I think they should make an exception this time. Why? Because Syndrome is just pure awesome. He is so cool! And hands down probably one of the best Pixar villains! I know VioletParrfanatic1989, disagrees with me but I would love to see Syndrome return! Unrelated but Brad Bird has also said that Edna Mode will have a bigger role in this film, which excites me a lot because Edna was one of my favorite characters in the original!
Quote 1 1
CanadianPixarFan
Thanks for your responses, Arlo and VioletParrfanatic1989!

Quote:
 As for me personally I would like for Syndrome to return as villain! I know Pixar hasn't made a sequel, where a villain from the previous appears again. But I think they should make an exception this time. Why? Because Syndrome is just pure awesome. He is so cool! And hands down probably one of the best Pixar villains! 

Arlo, I agree that syndrome is awesome and a great villain, but I doubt he'll be returning. The problem isn't that I'm unwilling to see them re-use a villain, but we all watched him get sucked into an engine, which then explodes. I doubt they can reasonably write their way out of that. That being said, the geniuses at Pixar are better at coming up with Stories than I am, and if there is a way that they can believably write him back in, I'd be more than happy to see it and admit that I was wrong, but I am very skeptical.

Quote:
 Unrelated but Brad Bird has also said that Edna Mode will have a bigger role in this film, which excites me a lot because Edna was one of my favorite characters in the original! 

Yaasss! Do you know where did he say this?? Edna is an amazing Character! I would love to see more of her and her wisdom and charm.
Quote 1 0
VioletParrfanatic1989

CanadianPixarFan wrote:
Thanks for your responses, Arlo and VioletParrfanatic1989!

Arlo, I agree that Syndrome is awesome and a great villain, but I doubt he'll be returning. The problem isn't that I'm unwilling to see them re-use a villain, but we all watched him get sucked into an engine, which then explodes. I doubt they can reasonably write their way out of that. That being said, the geniuses at Pixar are better at coming up with Stories than I am, and if there is a way that they can believably write him back in, I'd be more than happy to see it and admit that I was wrong, but I am very skeptical.

Yaasss! Do you know where did he say this?? Edna is an amazing Character! I would love to see more of her and her wisdom and charm.

And that's one of the main primary reasons why Syndrome will not return at all for the sequel, (sans the flashback scenes we may get with the unused scenes being thrown in), and fans are starting to realize that he truly is dead and are moving on from it, plus bringing a dead villain back would flat out ruin the story the first film set us up with and would guarantee the sequel a failure.

Bringing back the main villain from a previous entry that died would be like bringing back Hopper from A Bug's Life for a 2nd film (and just like Syndrome, we clearly saw Hopper about to get fed to baby birds which indicated his death, no way to bring back a bug that got eaten and chewed on and eventually swallowed), the only way Syndrome ever comes back is in a possible prequel film (or an interquel that takes place during the 15 year timeskip and gives us an inside look on how Syndrome turned evil, or a possible short film like Jack-Jack Attack using the interquel idea, or if he has a kid out there that follows in his footsteps.)  

Regardless we're getting a new villain anyways (one who would be no doubt be connected to or related to Syndrome in some form, as the villain would need to be set up somehow and the unused scenes that got left out of the first film are the keys to it).

Quote 1 0
CanadianPixarFan
Quote:
 the only way Syndrome ever comes back is in a possible prequel film (or an interquel that takes place during the 15 year timeskip and gives us an inside look on how Syndrome turned evil, or a possible short film like Jack-Jack Attack using the interquel idea, or if he has a kid out there that follows in his footsteps.) 

Those are great ideas!! I would love to see something like that. Even if it was an ABC special like Toy Story That Time Forgot.
Quote 1 0
VioletParrfanatic1989

CanadianPixarFan wrote:

Those are great ideas!! I would love to see something like that. Even if it was an ABC special like Toy Story That Time Forgot.

Indeed, that way fanboys like Arlo (meant no disrespect) can get his Syndrome fix without him being the main villain again and shoe-horning Mr. Monologue into a sequel where he does not fit into the storyline, only way I can see him fitting in would be to have Jack-Jack be afraid of using his powers in fears of possibly hurting his family or worse other people like he did with Syndrome, regardless of whose side they're on (it goes well what what Bird's trying to do in general as it's looking like the sequel will be the exact opposite of what the first film was in terms of the theme (basically with some members of the Parr family are tired of being in the superhero business (Violet being a huge example) with a family element).

I'd figure throw him in a short that shows his rise to villainy during the 15 year time-skip, while also showing how he met and convinced Mirage to help him out on his deeds (plus we could use some much needed development on Mirage's backstory), granted a Toy Story That Time Forgot-like show would be perfect.

Plus a small show showing what the Parrs did during the 3 month gap (showing their new home/rebuilt home, and the trials that allows Supers to return to active duty would be a fun way to explore and show off more of the family before the track meet).

Quote 0 0
WarrenJB
CanadianPixarFan wrote:
But now the supers have returned and the world is a safer place. And the safer people are, the less demand there is for insurance. After losing clients and stockholders, Insuricare gets shut down and Gilbert Huph vows revenge on the Heroes that put him out of business

Well, it depends. Are we talking 'Spider-Man webs a mugger to a lamp-post' safe, or 'Superman and General Zod punching eachother through skyscrapers' safe? I could see Insuricare getting shut down, but because of the number of payments they have to make, despite Gilbert's wriggling!
Quote 1 0
VioletParrfanatic1989
WarrenJB wrote:
Well, it depends. Are we talking 'Spider-Man webs a mugger to a lamp-post' safe, or 'Superman and General Zod punching eachother through skyscrapers' safe? I could see Insuricare getting shut down, but because of the number of payments they have to make, despite Gilbert's wriggling!

That could be a very good setup to his rise as a supervillain, especially if the sequel focuses on Bob again (which has a chance to happen).
Quote 0 0
Wee Dingwall
CanadianPixarFan wrote:

[image] 

This is great!  Plus Wallace Shawn.  No argument needed, just Wallace Shawn.
Quote 0 0
WarrenJB
Wee Dingwall wrote:
No argument needed

Inconceivable!

(I'm sorry. I couldn't not.)
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
I like the idea, OP. It's mainly funny but just weird enough to scoot over the line to being clever. 

Make it so the guy manages to find a way to grant super powers at will (a fall into toxic waste granting extremely convenient powers, maybe?). He starts making tons of heroes and villains so they cause more mayhem and destruction, and subsequently more insurance. Insurance he never pays out because loopholes. 

Quote 0 0
VioletParrfanatic1989

Bonnie wrote:
I like this. It's mainly funny but just weird enough to scoot over the line to being clever. 

Make it so the guy manages to find a way to grant super powers at will (a fall into toxic waste granting extremely convenient powers, maybe?). He starts making tons of heroes and villains so they cause more mayhem and destruction, and subsequently more insurance. Insurance he never pays out because loopholes. 

I can see that happening and it works very well (it has been done in the comics and in pop culture like the Simpsons for example).

Not saying that Mr. Humph is going to turn into Radioactive Man, but I can see him turning into a madman via that method. 

Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy