Pixar Post - T.J.
[PixarPostToyStory4Logo_zps39602af8] 

Bob Iger wowed the crowd in attendance for the quarterly earnings call on Thursday, November 6, 2014 when he announced that John Lasseter would be directing an upcoming Pixar feature...Toy Story 4! Read more details in our full post here (including audio of Iger's release on our post as well) and let us know your thoughts. Are you excited? Concerned? Some other emotion? We can't wait to hear your thoughts!

The film is slated to release on June 16, 2017 and will be directed by John Lasseter, produced by Galyn Susman, and will feature the writing talents of Rashida Jones and Will McCormack.
Quote 0 0
mac95
I am sorry to say that I am upset and concerned.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Yeah, I think a lot of people are sharing your sentiment mac95 - it's a concern for sure. I chatted about this topic (and you specifically) in this evening's Google Hangout about Toy Story 4. It's interesting for sure when they open up a story that was wrapped up so perfectly. I can certainly see both sides, but at the same time - selfishly, I am excited to get another Pixar film!

What areas are of the biggest concern that make you question the release? It's OK to be open as well - no one is going to pile on negatively!!
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
By the way - another interesting thought is how Bonnie will sound if they're picking the film up around the time where Toy Story 3 left off (as John stated in the LA Times article). When they originally recorded Toy Story 3, the girl who voiced bonnie (Emily Hahn) was around 9 or 10 years old. By the time this hits theaters, she'll be closer to 17...that will certainly produce a completely different vocal sound, so I'd have to assume that they'd be seeking another voice actor for Bonnie unless Emily can still get her voice to sound super young (which IS possible). What are your thoughts on Bonnie's voice?
Quote 0 0
mac95
Thanks for giving me a shout out in the Google Hangout--I appreciate it and I'm going to check it out right after I finish this reply!
As for Bonnie's voice. In Toy Story 3, John Morris was able to still sound like a teenager for the role of Andy, even though John was in his early twenties or so. With this in mind, I do not think that Emily Hahn will be able to return as the voice of Bonnie. This is to bad, because her voice was just so good for the film. A lot of great acting in Toy Story 3.
Thanks for understanding my concern. And when I go into that, everyone who is reading this please keep in mind that I am not some troll or jerk who just wants attention and likes to complain.

Toy Story 3 was, the PERFECT ending, and you can't change that. And continuing after that with a whole nother movie is, in my eyes, actually a little disrespectful to the audience, and the characters. These characters, Woody, Buzz, and the rest, many people have grown up with and whether or not they are big Pixar buffs, have deep feelings for the characters. I was not alive when the first Toy Story came out, but I am one of these people. Except, I AM a big Pixar buff! [biggrin]

Some people do not want Star Wars Episode 7 to be made, and I understand where they are coming from now. It's a very, "Why-are-you-doing-this-don't-you-touch-my-classics-they're-special-back-off" feel that I am sure we can all relate to in some way.

I also think that this is bad for Pixar's reputation. I was thinking that Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur would get people back on their side, because many people have turned against Pixar because they did not care for Cars 2, Brave, and Monsters University and two original films would bring back lost fans. However, this will now be temporary until Toy Story 4 is released and the old fans will be more distant than ever.

Also, I was under the impression that the Toy Story Toons and television specials were made to continue the toy's story, without having to make another movie? So far, the Toons and Toy Story of TERROR! were great, and That Time Forgot looks even better!

There is no doubt in my mind that it will be a good movie, but I am skeptical-- will it be good enough? BETTER than Toy Story 3?
Quote 0 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
mac95 wrote:
Toy Story 3 was, the PERFECT ending, and you can't change that. And continuing after that with a whole nother movie is, in my eyes, actually a little disrespectful to the audience, and the characters. These characters, Woody, Buzz, and the rest, many people have grown up with and whether or not they are big Pixar buffs, have deep feelings for the characters. I was not alive when the first Toy Story came out, but I am one of these people. Except, I AM a big Pixar buff! [biggrin] Some people do not want Star Wars Episode 7 to be made, and I understand where they are coming from now. It's a very, "Why-are-you-doing-this-don't-you-touch-my-classics-they're-special-back-off" feel that I am sure we can all relate to in some way. I also think that this is bad for Pixar's reputation. I was thinking that Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur would get people back on their side, because many people have turned against Pixar because they did not care for Cars 2, Brave, and Monsters University and two original films would bring back lost fans. However, this will now be temporary until Toy Story 4 is releasedreleased and the old fans will be more distant than ever. Also, I was under the impression that the Toy Story Toons and television specials were made to continue the toy's story, without having to make another movie? So far, the Toons and Toy Story of TERROR! were great, and That Time Forgot looks even better! There is no doubt in my mind that it will be a good movie, but I am skeptical-- will it be good enough? BETTER than Toy Story 3?


It's funny, because I have basically the same thoughts, but I still think they'll be able to make Toy Story 4 at least live up to it's predecessors. I totally understand your arguments and see why anyone would be worried (for lack of a better word) about Toy story 4. Think about it, though, Toy Story 3 had a great ending, but so did Toy Story and Toy Story 2. For me, each Toy Story packed on each other and each one is better than the one before, and I doubt Toy Story 4 will disappoint. Plus the fact that if any company can make a great sequel, it's Pixar. None of their previous sequels, at least in my opinion, were a disappointment, and I trust them to make Toy Story 4 great!

Also, thanks for the shout-outs and such on the lives stream, guys. In enjoy listening to your conversations and joining in, as well.
Quote 0 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
mac95 wrote:
By the way - another interesting thought is how Bonnie will sound if they're picking the film up around the time where Toy Story 3 left off (as John stated in the LA Times article). When they originally recorded Toy Story 3, the girl who voiced bonnie (Emily Hahn) was around 9 or 10 years old. By the time this hits theaters, she'll be closer to 17...that will certainly produce a completely different vocal sound, so I'd have to assume that they'd be seeking another voice actor for Bonnie unless Emily can still get her voice to sound super young (which IS possible). What are your thoughts on Bonnie's voice?

mac95 wrote:
As for Bonnie's voice. In Toy Story 3, John Morris was able to still sound like a teenager for the role of Andy, even though John was in his early twenties or so. With this in mind, I do not think that Emily Hahn will be able to return as the voice of Bonnie. This is to bad, because her voice was just so good for the film.


You guys have some good points, but I have to bring the Toy Story TV specials to mention when it comes to this thought. At this point Emily Hahn is 14 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Hahn_%28actress%29) and is still voicing Bonnie. She voiced Bonnie in Toy Story of Terror and, I would assume, Toy Story That Time Forgot as well. Using some math, she would be only 16 at the release of Toy Story 4 and the voice recording could be a year before the release, making her only 15 maybe. In my opinion, Emily Hahn as Bonnie in Toy Story 4 is still totally a possibility.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
mac95 wrote:
Also, I was under the impression that the Toy Story Toons and television specials were made to continue the toy's story, without having to make another movie? So far, the Toons and Toy Story of TERROR! were great, and That Time Forgot looks even better! There is no doubt in my mind that it will be a good movie, but I am skeptical-- will it be good enough? BETTER than Toy Story 3?

I completely get it with the comment about the Toons and TV specials continuing the franchise. I totally thought that was the case as well. I think we're all kind of in the same boat where we're cautiously optimistic! It's tough to be excited about it when we feel the first set of movies was so perfectly wrapped up, yet we respect Pixar and what they've done with other films. I get it...it's tough! Like I said, I'm staying optimistic...but with a slight tickle of trepidation! [smile_zpsf797a80b]

Ultimate iPad Expert wrote:
Using some math, she would be only 16 at the release of Toy Story 4 and the voice recording could be a year before the release, making her only 15 maybe. In my opinion, Emily Hahn as Bonnie in Toy Story 4 is still totally a possibility.

Yeah, I totally see your point. Julie read my post here and told me I was nuts! She still thinks that she'll be able to voice the character as well. I guess only time will tell, but it's fun to think about!

Ohm no problem on the shoutout on the Hangout - we loved that it was such an involved discussion and that people were really getting into this one!

Also, one more thing - as we talk to people here, we like to get to know them a bit. Mac95's name is Aidan (correct me if I'm wrong) - what's your name Ultimate iPad Expert? Also, how did you come up with your username?
Quote 0 0
mac95
Yeah, I myself have "calmed down" a bit since my previous thoughts on Toy Story 4, but still believe in them. I am turning towards cautious optimism like you mentioned, T.J.

And oh, yes, my name is Aidan. When I made my account and username(gee, over a year ago) I didn't really get that we would all be so friendly and talkative, so I didn't put much thought into my username. I actually updated my entry in the "introduce yourself" forum a few months ago and I believe it says my name there.

The 'Mac' is simply my initials, Martin Aidan, and then my last name. I go by my middle name though, so please call me Aidan not Martin! [smile]
And of course the 95 is a reference to Toy Story and Lightning McQueen's racing number.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Thanks for the update Aidan...don't worry, we won't call you Martin...too much! [Winking_zps1d9118ce] Just kidding! We figured the 95 was related to Pixar! 
Quote 0 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
Pixar Post - T.J. wrote:
what's your name Ultimate iPad Expert? Also, how did you come up with your username?


Sorry, I haven't replied until now, I never noticed you asking this questions since the last time I saw this article. I just happened to see the article again now. To answer your question, my name is Paul. I came up with my username a little while ago. There's a site called Wikia (http://www.wikia.com), from where I know Jeff from this Day in Pixar (his account is Dvcnut) and Grey Catbird from (they're on the Pixar Wiki: http://pixar.wikia.com), on which I was creating a new username. I was very into Apple products at the time, having a MacBook Pro (which I'm typing this on currently) and an iPhone, so I wanted to change my name to show that. I was originally going to go with "iPad Expert", but the site wouldn't allow the first letter to be lowercase so I decided on Ultimate iPad Expert. Ironically, I have no iPad nor am I really an expert at them. That's a basic overview of my username.
Quote 1 0
maxxie03
Just revealed in this Variety article. Inside Out head of story Josh Cooley will co-direct Toy Story 4

http://variety.com/gallery/10-animators-to-watch/#!5/josh-cooley/
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
3427415425395920086
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy