Pixar Post - T.J.
Hey everyone, so some initial reviews have been coming in from the folks that attended the Disney World / Toy Story Land / Toy Story 4 press event. Half the group screened the film tonight and the other half are going to see it tomorrow. 

The initial review from some folks there has been very good. Below is a quick screenshot from ButFirstJoyce

She, and a few other folks we talked to said the same thing about how funny, yet emotional it is. The official reviews won’t be out for a couple days (I believe the 13th), but it’s nice to get some initial reactions from the full film. 

It was also great to see Woody in the parks holding Forky (photo from MouseSteps). One cool thing was that the Forky that Woody is holding is the one that was in the shops as a display piece before - since he’s missing from the stores now. 
B41DF03D-527F-47C8-9ABB-EB661B3140A1.jpeg  DF579564-88FE-4B65-8EEF-B5B6E0DEFF80.jpeg 
Quote 2 0
Andrea56
I've been reading and watching the reviews as they've been posted online - it looks like this is another great entry for a wonderful series, and for Pixar overall! 😊 I think what's surprising me more is how everyone is saying how funny it is - it shouldn't surprise me, with the number of great comedians that are in this film. It is a step in a different direction from the darker story that Toy Story 3 gave. That being said, I can't wait to see this when it comes out, now even more than before!
Quote 1 0
iPixar
Sooo no short film?
Quote 0 0
Pixarsuperfan8695
iPixar wrote:
Sooo no short film?

According to Yahoo Movies, Toy Story 4 has no attached short film due to a “lack of ressources” because of Pixar’s occupation with their upcoming original features. 
https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/toy-story-4-producers-explain-why-theres-no-pixar-short-attached-to-the-film-105352622.html
Quote 1 0
Pixarsuperfan8695
Just came back from the theater a couple hours ago--WOW. I'm flooded with thoughts right now. This was such an amazing addition to the Toy Story franchise. 
Since this is the last sequel Pixar's producing in a while and the studio's last film of the decade, I wanted to savour it, and it really did close off the 2010s with a bang. 
First off, love the score at the Disney and Pixar logo. The reuse of Jessie and The Gang rather than having the default Wish Upon A Star was a great touch. 
The story was wonderfully written. (What a way to start off a movie!) Didn't even have time to calm down as the entire You've Got a Friend in Me sequence brought a lot of tears to my eyes. That nostalgia was so great to see!
The sequences with Woody and Forky talking about a toy's purpose and Woody and Bo's reunion were just flawless. The entire plot overall was just incredible as it touched on so many themes and had great character development. Won't spoil anything, but the ending was so wonderfully emotional. 
From a technical standpoint, it was visually remarkable. From the stunning lighting in the antique store to the impressive rain sequence, this film really demonstrated what rendering can be capable of. I didn't really see a significant improvement since Incredibles 2--which had astonishing photography and detailing. Still looks marvelous. I just could not look away from the screen--now my notes are super hard to make out, lol. 
The facial expressions on Gabby Gabby and the dummies were really great, too. Loved Gabby's wide eyes and static face at the instance in her stroller as she showed her pull string to Woody. Benson's face from behind as he steered Woody, Forky and Gabby in that same sequence was just terrifying--EEK!
Also loved the photography at the carnival. The shot with Woody and Bo looking over all the rides and attractions looked outstanding. 
The character design was awesome. Out of the new faces, I gotta say Giggle McDimples is my favourite. Ally Maki was just so fitting to have as her voice actress. Aside from Giggle, I really loved Duke Caboom--as a Canadian, I thought it was great to see an element of Canadian pride in there. The incorporation of O Canada in his theme was just GENUIS. ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ°Ã…¸Ëœâ€š Keanu Reeves provided such an amazing vocal performance. Not to mention Forky and Ducky and Bunny, they were such hilarious scene stealers!
All in all, I'd give Toy Story 4 a solid 10/10. This film made for such an awesome fourth installment--especially given that making a fourth film for any franchise is easier said than done. I still kinda miss seeing Incredibles 2 stuff everywhere because it totally rocked my world, but this is just equally as groundbreaking for me without a doubt. 
Side note--Is it bad that I've got my science exam for tomorrow morning completely off my mind because of Toy Story 4? Haha!
Quote 2 0
TheSpaceSheriff
I saw it a couple hours back and I enjoyed the film more than I really expected to. Earlier, I rewatched the first two films just as a refresher since I've already seen 3 enough times within recent memory and the evolution in how the toys and the environment around them is jarring. Seeing Pixar come so far in CGI animation is such an observable change. Everything from the detailing in Buzz's peeling stickers to the rain sequences are the level of detail Pixar has kept their high reputation in displaying every feature film.

I had a stupid grin on my face the instant the Disney logo came on and the introduction scene definitely was a great context builder and recap of the events that led up to Toy Story 4. The transitions were smooth and the "You've got a friend in me" music never gets old to hear. Bo and Woody's reunion after all their years apart was so adorable to watch.

All of the new characters were a welcome addition to the Toy Story family and each really had their moments to shine. Duke Caboom was already my favorite going in and still my favorite coming out but I didn't expect myself to like Gabby Gabby as much as I do now. Ducky and Bunny were nearly not as annoying as the early advertisement made them out to be so their quips didn't detract from the overall plot.

I felt some parts of the film could have been fleshed out more and despite preferring Woody over Buzz Lightyear as my favorite character, I feel Buzz doesn't have that much of a role next to the other co-leads, Bo and Forky. He's always been Woody's Lancer and he should have been given some moments to shine as a leader once Woody went missing to find Forky. He's proven that he's capable in bringing the toys together and formulate plans in Woody's absence so some parts of the film felt a bit of a detraction to his character.

Despite its flaws, it's a solid entry in the franchise and I feel it's great to view as a standalone film in comparison to Toy Story 3 which was more dependent on the nostalgia from its predecessors. It's not my favorite Toy Story but it's a solid 8.5 to 9/10 film for me amongst Pixar's release of mediocre sequels following Toy Story 3.
Quote 2 0
SethHappyNemoGuy
We thought this was a  funny emotional good Pixar film. Dosen't top Toy Story 3 since that was much more stronger emotional film. But still good Pixar film. Here's our fun filled movie to this movie hope ya guys like it! 🙂 
Quote 2 0
Andrea56
Just got back from seeing it! It went by quickly, but that's the sign of a great film. I loved the animation upgrade they gave Bo Peep - her skin is glossy and shiny, like porcelain should be, and her features look painted on and are fair. I loved her classic outfit during the beginning of the film, and the fabric of her skirt - gorgeous! The animation in general is just top-notch, which just seems to keep getting better and better with each passing film.

The story was focused mostly on the new characters, but they were such a romp that it didn't feel like we were missing too much back with the regular gang. That being said, I loved the new characters! Forky, Duke Caboom, Ducky and Bunny...they were lots of fun with great personality. I loved how Woody and Forky's relationship developed throughout the film. I also loved Gabby Gabby - she really is different from the usual Toy Story antagonist to the point where Woody could see her side of things more than he ever could for Lotso, the Prospector, or anyone else. 

I did shed some tears by the end, although my brother admitted that he did not (although he also really enjoyed the film!). I think Toy Story 3 just hit a bit harder (and I think it did for me as well), but there were moments where I was just moved to the point of having to wipe my eyes constantly (the beginning also hit me hard, for nostalgia reasons).

I loved the musical cues this one took; there were a lot of pieces I remembered hearing from the first film that I had missed in the last two Toy Story films (Woody's theme and Bo Peep's theme, the song Buzz flies to, the theme for Sid's toys), so it was great hearing them again. Loved I Can't Let You Throw Yourself Away - that was classic Randy Newman for me, and a fun song to listen to. 

There were so many Easter eggs in the film that I think I ended up not seeing as many as I wanted to...but that's what DVD purchases are for, right? 🙂 It was so great especially seeing characters and call-backs from the Toy Story Toon shorts, it made watching all of those recently all the more sweeter.

I think this one ties with the 2nd movie to me - the first one is, in my opinion, the best out of the four. The third one, while masterful, is not as rewatchable for me. But, by far, this series of four films is masterful and of great quality that proves that it stands the test of time. 🙂
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
I'm so happy to hear all these positive thoughts! I mean, do you recall how anxious everyone was when this file was announced? Since we hadn't posted this here, here is our spoiler-free review.

Quote 2 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy