PixarsBiggestFan Show full post »
Pixar Post - T.J.
I was just looking at an article on Business Insider and Josh Cooley said that in an earlier version of TS4, that Forky was "actually talking to Bonnie at the end of the movie," and all the toys freaking out about how he isn't supposed to interact with people. That may have been out there before, but I don't recall reading that. How crazy would that be - that would have been the first time the TS gang was having a full-on conversation with humans (not just the gang talking "at" Sid).
Quote 1 0
PixarsBiggestFan
This interview described the evolution of the ending - first where Bo goes with Woody to Bonnie, then what shown in the deleted scene clip the other day where Bo and Woody go separate ways, and finally what we saw in the actual film where they both become “lost toys.” Also some other interesting stuff as well.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/23/20879388/toy-story-4-director-interview-josh-cooley-forky-design-behind-the-scenes-at-pixar
Quote 2 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Just a quick note that Josh was asked 'what's next' for him in a recent MovieWeb interview and he said...

Quote:
Josh Cooley: I just took a vacation and a kind of coming back slowly from that, which is great and I have some original ideas I want to pitch and see if any of those takeoff. So we'll see.

Good to hear he already has original ideas and that he'll be pitching!
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
One more that we came across today...an interview with Producer Mark Nielsen (via SYFY) where he noted that they tossed around the idea of involving technology or an iPad toy, but felt that it wasn't all that interesting.

Quote:
The Toy Story movies are as much for adults as for children, and when the first one came out, the technology and the construction of toys had changed only incrementally over the past half-century, making it easier for those '50s toys to resonate with audiences of all ages. But now, 25 years later, kids are as likely to use iPhones as LEGOs and plastic green army men, a shift that complicates a movie series based on toys with faces.

"We talked a lot about that, and we had the idea of like, do we introduce a technological toy into all of this?" Nielsen recalls. "We even tried a few things in our story reels along the way. But at the end of the day, it just wasn't that interesting. When you're talking about a screen and a phone or an iPad, we tried a few things, and it just wasn't interesting to watch."
Quote 1 0
Thepixarfanofthefamily05
I’m assuming Josh Cooley probably meant that he is pitching a short and a film. It just seems weird that he would pitch more than one movies at once.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Whenever they pitch, they have to pitch multiple ideas at one time. If you pitch a short, you have to have three ideas ready to go - I presume it's a similar setup when pitching feature films. Pete Docter noted before as well that after Inside Out, he had several ideas he was going to pitch to see which he'd develop. It's probably more stressful that way, but also really cool that you have to have at least a few ideas ready to go.
Quote 1 0
Thepixarfanofthefamily05
It's probably way more stressful because there's more that could go wrong.
Quote 0 0
PixarsBiggestFan
This video has some interesting insights on the cameras in TS4 and past camera work Patrick Lin has developed for Pixar.

Quote 3 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
What a great video. I mean, most of the info was available before the video itself (from prior interviews), but you can't argue with a video that's put together so well and does such a wonderful job explaining all the lens, techniques, and such! We hope to do a post on this as well to share it more broadly and throw in some more of our comments as well (love this stuff since I'm a photographer as well).
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Stumbled across this interview with Carl Weathers (Combat Carl) and although nothing is earth-shattering, it's funny hearing how casual and nonchalant his experience in the recording booth was. You can read the whole interview on BlackFilm's website, but these are the three questions that had the most details (at least to me)! ðŸ˜ 

How did it come about the they called you up for a role in this movie?

Carl Weathers: My representatives were approached about me being in it, which is usually the way those things go unless you actually know someone who’s working on it. And because I worked on Toy Story of Terror, which is a Toy Story movie that plays every Halloween on TV. First of all, those were successful, and I guess they really liked the idea of the character Combat Carl when you’re putting this together, and the character became a part of it.

Did you have to do anything different other than what you did on Toy Story of Terror?

Carl Weathers: Not really. The character is the character and all I had to do was follow the script and try to be creative as possible. If there was a difference, it was that there were three Combat Carls instead of one. That was funny and entertaining. For me, it was just a blast. That was probably the major difference.

Did you have to create different voices for all three of them?

Carl Weathers: No, I did not at all because you know now with all the technology they can manipulate things and create things. In in Toy Story of Terror, I created a bit of a different voice and they tweak that. But in this one, to try to do three different voices, God only knows how long I would have been in the studio.
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
In a recent interview with Producer, Mark Nielsen, he was asked about how Toy Story seems to be willing to change their characters and worlds quite drastically. The interviewer wondered if they ever get push-back from management or Disney about that? Here's an except from the ScreenCrush interview.

Looking at other franchises, I don’t see many that are as willing to change the characters, push the characters, the way Toy Story does. Toy Story 3 completely alters the world of those films, and then Toy Story 4 does it again. Is there ever any trepidation from Disney about these risks you guys are taking? Do you ever get push back on some of these bold ideas?

We haven’t really gotten much pushback, but I do think the filmmakers we have at the studio, and the filmmakers we have as our creative executives — I think of Andrew Stanton, for example. I can’t count how many times I’ve heard him in braintrust meetings say the words “Make me care” as one of his notes. If he doesn’t care, and it’s not emotionally affecting him, he’s just going to let you have it. And he’s one of the creative executives that drive these things. And he’s right! We’re trying to make stories that people are going to care about, and are emotional and impact them. That is our goal. Those are the types of films we love.
--

I love the braintrust meeting note of "Make me care!" You need to work hard to find something that makes people connect with the story and characters. Love it! Good tip!
Quote 1 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy