shadowjonathan
Or, it's just me. Or, Pete docter likes repeating plot structures.
So I came to a conclusion that there are similarities between up and inside out (or from what we know)
Inside out = IO
Up = U

PLOT
1U we see Carl grow up and meets Ellie and Russell.
1IO we see Joy meets sadness and the others.
1BOTH the protagonist meets the other protagonist(s) in the first minutes of the movie.
2U Carl's house (with Russell) gets blown out of course by a storm.
2IO Joy and Sadness gets knocked out of the headquarters.
2BOTH the Protagonists gets off course somehow and have to find a way back.
3U Carl and Russell get to visit south-America and have many experiences
3IO Joy and fear get to see the subconscious, imagination land and dream production.
3BOTH the protagonists get to experience many things on their journey.

I've got many more, but I just want to post this thing quickly.
(I'm sorry if I take any excitement, surprise or possibilities away)

ORIGINAL POST: I'll update this post in a few hours
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Oooh, suspense! Ha! [smile_zpsf797a80b]
Quote 0 0
PIX-R.113
I'm on the edge of my seat. [smile]
Quote 0 0
shadowjonathan
Also, personally I think bing bong will be the "paradise bird" in inside out and join somewhere in the first quarter of the movie.
Quote 0 0
PIX-R.113
Hmmm... Interesting thoughts, I never thought of the stories being similar. [smile]
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
Full "Everything I say that pertains to Inside Out is guess work from promotional material and could turn out to be wrong" disclaimer on this post.

shadowjonathan wrote:
Inside out = IO Up = U PLOT 1U we see Carl grow up and meets Ellie and Russell. 1IO we see Joy meets sadness and the others. 1BOTH the protagonist meets the other protagonist(s) in the first minutes of the movie.

Protagonists meeting other protagonists near the beginning of the movie happens a lot (Pixar has it happen in Toy Story, A Bug's Life, kind of Cars, Ratatouille, and WALL-E) What's important is how it's done;

Carl met Ellie when he was young, spent his entire life with her and then lost her, spurring his entire motivation and plot development for the rest of the movie. It isn't until a good sixty years later when he meets Russel, who is some random kid from around town, and he clearly does not like.

Joy grows with the other emotions at around the same time, who really are all meeting each other. They're co-workers of sorts, and they all stick around from the beginning. The fact that she met them will presumably not effect much of her development or the plot, being treated more like just a basic part of every day life.

Quote:
2U Carl's house (with Russell) gets blown out of course by a storm. 2IO Joy and Sadness gets knocked out of the headquarters. 2BOTH the Protagonists gets off course somehow and have to find a way back.

Carl's not trying to find his way back to anything; he purposefully went on the trip. And the house really didn't get blown off course much, he still made it where he wanted to go, it was just on the wrong side of it. After a bit of character development, he decides to go back, but it's not a main struggle or anything. 

Joy and Sadness presumably do not want to leave Headquarters, as they have important jobs there. They genuinely do want to get back; that's their main goal. 

Also, this is another fairly common plot point; Toy Story also had protagonists trying to get back to their starting point, as did WALL-E in the latter half. This is also arguably Nemo's motivation.

Quote:
3U Carl and Russell get to visit south-America and have many experiences 3IO Joy and fear get to see the subconscious, imagination land and dream production. 3BOTH the protagonists get to experience many things on their journey.

I want to reiterate the "As far as we know" disclaimer here; but I wouldn't compare Paradise Falls to Riley's head. Sure, the place is very pretty and big, but for the most it's fairly...samey, and basic. Their experiences comes mostly from the living beings they meet. Riley's mind, on the other hand, seems a lot more varied, with a lot of places that will probably have a big impact.

Also, presumably, they're going to be going through different development and reacting to everything with different personalities than Carl and Russel had. 

And Finding Nemo also has characters have many experiences on their journey, and arguably the characters in Toy Story 2. So again, fairly basic idea.
Quote:

Also, personally I think bing bong will be the "paradise bird" in inside out and join somewhere in the first quarter of the movie.

Well, even if Bing Bong does end up being some guy living in Riley's mind that Joy and Sadness weren't aware existed, there are a few things that will (probably) most definitely set him apart from Kevin;

1. He does not have babies he's trying to take care of.
2. He talks.
3. That body will not be able to move the same way Kevin's does. 
4. No one's hunting him. 

Quote 0 0
shadowjonathan
Sorry, this post is just so old! We didn't knew anything back then!
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
I think the other thing to consider here too is that Pixar follows the classical storytelling structure (three-act structure) so it doesn't surprise me that the movies follow a similar path. Most movies in general follow this path and could have similar setups. When I was at the Pixar Masterclass in Chicago they talked about following a really scaled back version of this that starts something to the effect of...

After we meet our main character, everything is fine until one day...and then this happens, and then that happens...things seem better and then they get worse again and then the end happens!  <--- Now that's scaled back![smile_zpsf797a80b]

Either way - it's cool to find the comparisons, so good thinking in general.
Quote 0 0
shadowjonathan
((this post may or may not contain spoilers, read at own responsibility))

O.o the last days inside out was the only thing i could think of, i just couldn't hold it, but to notice MORE similarities between up and inside out (mostly personality ones and what the role in the movie is):

Also, for the sake of reading this, just assume for a moment this is all true, just, for a moment.

Riley(/emotions(/joy)) = Carl

Riley's redhead friend (meg). = Ellie

Sadness = Russel

Bing bong = Dug

(scene) escape from black pit = scene where carl throws everthing out of his house and goes after russell.
with forgotten memories
underneath headquarters ( and
What happens before that, the
Splat against the window
for example )

train of thought. = spirit of adventure

Core memories. = Carl's house (or at least the effort he is putting into it to carry it around)

If these similarities are true, is history repeating itself?

Any thoughts?
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy