CanadianPixarFan

Us Pixar fans spend a lot of time talking about Pixar Moments that hit us emotionally because of course, Pixar is really good at this. But they're also really good at making us laugh. I'm curious to hear some of your thoughts on the scenes/lines/gags in Pixar movies that really made you laugh hard, and still get you every time.

There are two moments that come immediately to mind and still crack me up every time:

1) Screamcan design class in Monsters University. After Mike and Sully have been switched out of the Scaring Program after failing the first semester. Professor Brandywire says, in a monotone, deadpan delivery: "Some say that a career as a scream can designer is boring, unchallenging, a waste of a monster's potential." PAUSE "Open your text books to chapter 3...". 

2) The "HONEY, where is my supersuit?!" banter between Frozone and his wife in The Incredibles still cracks me up every time. I think the same could be said for this scene too.

One thing I have observed that both of these moments have in common is that they both support the emotional steaks in the context of their movie. I think a lot of comedic relief gags in movies seem to try and "give audiences a break" from the heavy emotional stuff going on. These scenes on the other hand, actually further drive in what the characters are going through while giving us the chance to laugh. In MU, we get to feel the dissapointment and anger that Mike and Sully are dealing with and in The Incredibles just as the movie is getting to it's nailbitting Climax, we feel anxious and frustrated along with Frozone as he can't find his Supersuit and his wife won't tell him where it is.

What Pixar Moments crack you up the most?

Quote 0 0
Luis504170
Good moments!! As for me, these are the moments that come to mind. 

When Remy first uses Linguini as a puppet and smashes the apartment window with a frying pan because he flipped the pancake too hard. 

Monsters University has some of the best comedic timing, so any punchline in that movie cracked me up. 

"Put that thing back where it came from or so help me" 

Buzz drunk on tea in the first Toy Story film. "MY name is MS. NEZBIT!"

Spanish Buzz in Toy Story 3

The Sigourney Weaver gag in Finding Dory 

Something that I love about Pixar is that they seem to choose heart over laughs (as opposed to Dreamworks) but once they do deliver with gags, they are clever, well-written, and advance the plot. They aren't useless farting jokes that disrespect kid's minds (Dreamworks)
Quote 0 0
PixarsBiggestFan
(Spoiler) The scene where Dory and Hank drive the truck in Finding Dory.
Quote 0 0
Wee Dingwall

-"SQUIRREL!"

-Remy learning how to 'drive' Linguini in his flat

-Huph going through the wall

-"I CAN'T GO BACK TO JAIL!"

-"Oooh.  Scary", "I'll just be here listening to my tunes", and "does anyone want gum?"

-Chet's "that is a good point" after Mike's burn

-WALL•E first meeting M.O, and M.O cleaning WALL•E's hand before he shakes it.  Then this dialogue:

"WALL•E?"

"M.O."

"M.O?"

quickly "M.O."

-"Hey, Mister Grumpy Gills..."

-Mr Tortilla Head and Mr Cucumber Head

-"Barbie didn't write this..."

-"Democracy should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force" followed by confused looks

-In UP: "No, that'll never work" after Carl thinks about dangling Russell out of the window

-A few lines from Dug, including "STOP, YOU DOGS!", "Wow!  That is the bird!" and "Yes!  I do ever so want the ball!" after getting the ball

-Kevin eating the chocolate from behind the bushes along with the whole 'snipe' debacle

-The introduction of Bullseye in Toy Story 2

-"DON'T YOU GET IT?  YOU SEE THE HAT?  I AM MRS NESBITT!!!!! HOOHAAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!"

-"WHERE IS MY SUPER SUIT?"

-Pretty much all of Mike's New Car, Mike's New Car, Presto, Jack-Jack Attack, Dug's Special Mission, Your Friend The Rat, Party Central and Lifted

-The entire Buzz's father/Zurg/Rex storyline in Toy Story 2

-Rex lines including "I DON'T WANT TO USE MY HEAD!", "Did I scare you?", and "Now I have guilt!" as well as Buzz teaching him how to roar in Toy Story

-Fergus impersonating Merida

-Angus's tail whacking Merida in the face

-The entire dinner scene in Brave, especially the bit where Fergus tells his tale

-A lot of Fergus moments, actually

-Fear getting hurt in various ways

-Bing-Bong playing his nose like a trumpet

-"What's puberty?"

-"There are no bears in San Francisco"

-"Sure, it's the coward's way out, but this coward is gonna survive!"

-"Put that thing back where it came from or so help me!"

-Spanish Buzz

-The reveal of Professor Brandywire

-Squirt and Crush in Finding Nemo

Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
I saw this post originally in December and thought, "I really need to think on this". Well, I ended up forgetting, so I'm going to just list out a few of the things that strike me when first thinking about them.
  • Anything involving Tuck and Roll from A Bug's Life. I love the vocal work, uni-brow and antics!
  • The carts smashing into WALL-E while trying to hide/impress Eve.
  • Spanish Buzz! I love that whole scene where Buzz's head twitches and Rex says, "It's not my fault"
  • Edna Mode's note of "And guest" when unlocking her secret room and the cameras focus in on Mrs. Incredible.
  • The time when Woody first opens Buzz's helmet and Buzz falls to the ground gasping for air...it's all about the look on Woody's face and the plastic ratchet sounds used that really sell this one for me.
  • I love the scene when Chef Skinner is freaking out to his lawyer about Linguini "knowing something". I love the way he gesticulates while snapping his fingers. (Clip below). I crack up at him losing it every time.

Those are just a few of the moments I thought off the top of my head - so many great ones though!
Quote 0 0
Modeltrainman
While not from the movies, Rex's antics in Infinity 1.0's  Toy Story in Space set, especially with the remote!
Quote 1 0
Modeltrainman
"Hey Hamm, remember when you told me to pack? Well, I forgot 1 thing...To pack."
Quote 0 0
WarrenJB
Quote:
-"I CAN'T GO BACK TO JAIL!"

"I have an extra toe! Heh... not with me, of course."

---

"Of all the sewers on campus, this one has always been my favourite."

"Art, you've been here before?"

'I have a LIFE, outside of the HOUSE, you know!"

---

"I wanna touch 'em!"

Art just has that right level of randomness and surreality that I like!

"Some say that a career as a scream can designer is boring. Unchallenging. A waste of a monster's potential. *inhale* Open your text books to chapter three."

Dug's general demeanour in UP, especially his constantly happy, oblivious reaction to Kevin's attacks. The guys at Pixar really got the dog mannerisms - especially labrador/retriever tics - down to a tee.

"Jessie's right, Woody. She was wrong!"

The health inspector in Ratatouille, opening the door to the kitchen. It's crammed with rats, and they all just freeze and stare at eachother...

"And this is the Buzz Lightyear aisle. Back in 1995, short-sighted retailers did not order enough dolls to meet demand!"
Quote 1 0
Bonnie
"My children's children will walk down the street and people will point and says 'Look! There goes the spawn of Flik, the loser!'."

This ant and his angry face:

[com-4451] 

M-O shaking after the air lock closes.

"Somebody STOLE THE SUN!"

There's also a pretty funny moment in the commentary where they point out that, when Buzz is pushing the crate off the desk, since we see Buzz completely stretch out pretty early he shouldn't be able to move anymore after that. "He's two feet from the wall, he's still going!"

Luis504170 wrote:
Something that I love about Pixar is that they seem to choose heart over laughs (as opposed to Dreamworks) but once they do deliver with gags, they are clever, well-written, and advance the plot. They aren't useless farting jokes that disrespect kid's minds (Dreamworks)
What are you talking about? Pixar uses toilet humor. I made a list of when it happens then left it on a computer, dould you like me to go get it? It was getting pretty long and featured such gems as the poo poo platter and Spot peeing. And don't suddenly try and backtrack and say "Well I meant LESS" cause that's not what you said. Also, if we're instantly counting everything that isn't toilet humor as clever then the word's kind of losing all meaning (Look, they're twins, but complete opposites! Hahaha, it's so cliche there's an entire Disney Channel sitcom centered around it!).
Quote 1 0
Luis504170
Bonnie wrote:
What are you talking about? Pixar uses toilet humor. I made a list of when it happens then left it on a computer, dould you like me to go get it? It was getting pretty long and featured such gems as the poo poo platter and Spot peeing. And don't suddenly try and backtrack and say "Well I meant LESS" cause that's not what you said. Also, if we're instantly counting everything that isn't toilet humor as clever then the word's kind of losing all meaning (Look, they're twins, but complete opposites! Hahaha, it's so cliche there's an entire Disney Channel sitcom centered around it!).

Pixar has utilized Toilet Humor but even then, the humor is very well written. The poo poo platter is a perfect example because: 
1) It is a gag that falls in the context of the world.
2) It is taking something that we believe is disturbing about flies and turns into a gag by exemplifying the "poop" in their context.
3) It establishes this bug world further to were there is a bar-like place were they have different diverse foods that appeal to different bugs. The Poo Poo Platter was a great idea to flesh out the universe, the joke was written around the scene, sometimes what other kids' films would do is write the scene around the joke. 

There are kids films were two characters are having a dispute or whatever the circumstance may be, and one of them just farts, completely out of context. I'm not saying that it is wrong to use this kind of humor. l'm just simply expressing that I like more substance in gags. Any idiot can write "Stuart falls unexpectedly" into a screenplay. I like gags that are in context to what is happening in the scene, and are clever and well written. 
Quote 1 0
Bonnie
Oh crud. Hey, if that post seemed rude, I'm sorry, I was still working on it and was going to remove parts and reword things (kind of pointless now since it's quoted) but my school's wifi started having a conniption fit and I guess it posted it without me actually doing so and I didn't notice (hence the lack of a picture where there should've been one and how squished everything was). 

I'll actually respond to that post in another post (I fuss over my wording and don't respond quickly, like, ever), just want to get that out now.
Quote 2 0
Bonnie
Okay, actual response now (I would've done it sooner, but I've been having computer trouble, and my usual tactic of leaving posts to sit for weeks on end didn't sit well with it). 

I could make similar claims for Dreamworks' toilet humor. I could claim the joke with the dragon costume in Kung Fu Panda 2 relies on the Chinese setting and is a "clever" way to hide violence in the PG movie plus getting rid of notable amounts of enemies with one gag, or that the characters shooting out of the backside of the Sphinx in Peabody and Sherman requies the Egypt setting and helps establish the film's world as one similar to our world but wackier (where the Egyptians would build such an exit) plus is smoothly integrating a joke into the escape, or that the octopus being in a tank hooked up to the toilets in Penguins of Madagascar relies on the focus on zoo animals and helps establish just how little people cared about him, or that the toilet humor in the Boss Baby trailers rely on the talking baby premise and play into the humiliation factor from the baby trying to act dignified, and just keep going on like that.

It's easy to make something sound clever when you're trying.

Of course, I would never ACTUALLY say any of that, because I hate toilet humor in general( And I do want to make that clear, I'm not defending Dreamworks' use of the stuff, it sucks whenever any company uses it), but my point. 

In my experience, "jokes" that are just "character farts out of nowhere and there's no followup" or similar are rare, and definitely don't pop up enough in Dreamworks' films enough to denounce the company for them (I have, admittedly, never seen, nor do I ever plan to see, Shrek 3, Shrek 4, Bee Movie, or Shark Tale, but even if every joke in there is just a character farting that'd still be denouncing a company that's make roughly 30 films based on four).
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy