Rachel Cranor
Okay, so we all know that there are good animated films and bad ones. But what makes the difference? Many people say (us included) that if it's Pixar, it's good. Even Honest Trailers said that in their Frozen one, they presented it as "From the studio that finally learned how to make Pixar movies." But what makes Pixar movies so good? And why did Frozen do so well when other princess movies released at a similar time, like Brave and Tangled, not do nearly as well? Your thoughts?
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
The biggest difference between Pixar and Disney I can think of that's recently changed is that Pixar tends to make original stories, and until really recently Disney almost never did those (Frozen and Big Hero Six are technically adaptions, but they're the kind that change pretty much everything). I think originality is a big part of it, and the general bad to lukewarm reception of Pixar's recent three movies kind of lends to the idea (lack of originality is, total justifiably, an insult thrown at them often). 

Really, though, I think what makes an animated movie good is the same as what makes any movie good; good writing, good visuals, good characters. 

As for Frozen, I think it's a mix of three things;

1. This one I've heard from other people; they tried to make the marketing campaign downplay the thing so that the people who went to it ended up having their expectations surpassed, therefore giving more glowing recommendations.

2. It gets a lot of hype for being the "first" to do things (that were already done years before). 

3. It got to stay in theaters longer.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
This is a tough and deep question for sure. As I thought about it more though, I think it comes down to the story and characters. It's not a glitzy, overdone story that sells Pixar's movies - it's the stripped down conversations and relationships between the characters that people can connect with on an emotional level. They don't throw in musical numbers solely for entertainment value, they don't put in an exorbitant number of juvenile jokes and they don't talk down to kids' intelligence levels. Finally, they spend a ton of time creating unique characters that you care about.

Those are my thoughts at least!
Quote 1 0
heartdisney10
I wholeheartedly agree with you T.J.
That's the magic of a well told story whether it's animated or live action.
For example, in Toy Story 3, I really wanted that fluffy strawberry scented bear to have a happy ending. Lee Unkrich held a Q&A, I asked him why was it that Lotso never redeemed himself. He answered that in life some people never change.
I felt like saying but it's animation!
After I processed his answer, I realized that that is what is great about Pixar, they take real life situations, experiences & life lessons and turn them into great storytelling.
As Lasseter says, "No amount of great animation will save a bad story."
Quote 0 0
SamanthaKannan

Let's see Michael's commend on what makes for a great animated filmMichael FukushimaMichael Fukushima is the Executive Producer of our English Animation Studio, headquartered in Montreal. He’s been with the NFB for 20 years, serving the first 16 as a producer, and then taking over the studio from David Verrall, when he retired in 2013.

Quote 1 0
Pixarsuperfan8695
Totally agreed with T.J. Although this is pretty much basically reiterating what others have said, I’d say the key to an animated film, or generally to any film, is a good story that the audience can connect to and lovable characters. It’s the realness of the characters’ struggles throughout the story that really gives the audience a reason to root for and care about them.
Quote 2 0
Andrea56
All the best stories have characters and situations that make you care about them. Sure, there are lighter and softer films that are great popcorn flicks, but I think the real memorable ones can stand the test of time, with both its art and its story. 

Now, I remember being obsessed with Bambi as a young child. I was in love with the artistry, the painted forests and waterfalls, the details of the bark and raindrops. The story itself was...I guess nonexistent? It was about a young deer living his life, with all the ups and downs that go with it. The characters or story don't really stand the test of time. The art and atmosphere do, though.

Toy Story was the opposite in how it attracted me - over the years, it's obvious that the animation has not aged well. But the dialogue remains sharp and wonderfully crisp, and the message is delivered in a clever and meaningful way.

I think now we're in an age where creators know that animation is a powerful medium and there's a good balance now of creating a film that is both appealing in both appearance and in its message. Your mileage may vary on its success, however - sometimes some works are better received despite all the heart and hard work put into it, whilst others that were kind of overlooked really hit the home run. 

Pixar has been very good at balancing these elements; not only that, but their stories tend to be creatively original. Like toys coming to life, or an old man creating a floating house to visit South America... They also don't tend to push the same message with each film like Disney tends to do. I think that's another reason why Pixar's films tend to stand the test of time pretty well.
Quote 1 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy