Wee Dingwall
If you worked at Pixar, how would you decorate your cube?

I think I'd have a train set inside, going around the wall.  I'd have a big still from Ratatouille on one of the inside walls.  I'd have a fridge somewhere, with a freezer compartment, and perhaps a kettle.  On one of the walls I could have a wipe-clean patch so that I could draw there and note down ideas.  I'd a lift like the one from Ken's dream house too - so I could lift things up over the wall.

I'm not sure what it'd be like, design-wise.  I could have the York city walls on 3 sides with the Micklegate Bar made out of foam on the front in recognition of my home city (not that I'm there now).  Or I could do something simpler, like Jessie's donation box from Toy Story 2 or a Ratatouille cooking pot.  Or, perhaps one of those big WALL•E robots on the AXIOM.
Quote 0 0
Wee Dingwall
Anyone else?
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
That's an interesting question...because for the most part, as fans, we'd think of Pixar themes to decorate our spaces with (i.e., I'd love a Ratatouille kitchen set). But, most of the offices/cubes at Pixar are not Pixar themed and are themed like a tiki hut, an old bungalow style house, the fuselage of a crashed plane (possibly the best one there), a castle and so on. 

So...that being said, if I could decorate one that wasn't Pixar-themed, I'd think it would be kind of neat to make it look like a beach (complete with sand on the floor and audio piped in of the waves and seagulls and such) or like really amazing library with lots of dark wood shelves, leather chairs and such. I'm a sucker for amazing libraries - they provide such a great place to think! 

In case anyone wasn't aware...although employees are able to decorate their spaces any way they want, the cost is up to the employee (kind of obvious, but wanted to at least let people know in case they didn't know).
Quote 0 0
HCK
Awhile back, I had the idea of re-creating Andy's room with everything from the wallpaper to the toy chest. I feel like that would get distracting after a short while, though.

I really like your train set idea, Wee Dingwall. I would love to feature a die cast model diorama in my hypothetical office. I would decorate the rest of the walls with old car and food memorabilia and half a shelf dedicated to my books and nerdy collectibles. 
Quote 0 0
Wee Dingwall
Thanks!  Yeah, that would be good.  I'd have the train tracks going in a loop around the cube - and at the doorway, I'd have a hinged bar with tracks on that I could open and close when going out.  Then I'd probably have some kind of drop-down door - like a portcullis, but with no gaps.  

Yeah, that's it.  A rectangular blue sheet thing, but with a grey portcullis painted on or something.  It'd be very difficult, but I might even put in a little 'chink' in one of the walls so that people could see the tracks.  Or even a place where they could put stuff in the carriages and I would receive it! [rofl]

This is really just boyish enthusiasm on my part, but why not?  I would have my books and stuff, after all; a collection of some of them somewhere.  Perhaps not on a bookshelf over my desk; that would feel a bit confining.  I'd put them somewhere fairly secret, but where they'd be easy to find if you knew where to put them.

Aside from the train set, I'd be happy to make my interior as simplistic and 'boring' as possible.  So I'd have my inside walls painted brown.  It's a kind of welcoming, warm colour I guess; a bit like a cardboard box or something.  I'd want it to be quite roomy and spacious; not crowded or cramped. I could always use the turrets for stashing things like books; I wouldn't want cumbersome bookshelves as I've said, or chests of drawers or things like that.  

Obviously there'd be a computer, then there'd be the other stuff (wires and everything), then my fridge, a wipe-clean patch somewhere on the walls, a whole area covered with sticky notes with ideas on them, and a phone.
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
I'm not sure which I'd actually go with but here's everything I thought up;

Candy cubicle.

Ice cubicle (including painting the floor so it looks like a really thin layer of the stuff over a chasm). 

Edit: Fake ice and fake candy, of course. [tongue]

Transparent walls filled with water tinted blue and with some fake fish in there (maybe real ones. I don't know if they'd do well with dye and I don't know how I'd do with feeding them).

Walls made to look like a castle with stuffed animals on the balconies and towers and behind the windows. I'd need to do something to tie the desk and stuff into that; cover surfaces in pretty material and put more stuffed animals around maybe. 

Make every wall, inside and out, a white board, because if I go that far I should be allowed to draw on the walls (admittedly I'm not sure if that's a particularly safe idea since you'd probably be breathing in the fumes from the markers a lot, and I'm pretty sure that's a bad thing). 

Close in the entire place (Four walls, a door, and a ceiling), and, with a ridiculous amount of painting effort, make it look like an office in the air. There'd be so many options for this one; what kind of weather (bright, white cloud, or stormy grey ones with lightning), what time (Night, day, or dawn/twilight), what should be painted on the floor so it's "hovering" over it, if I should put anything else in the sky, if I do put anything in the sky whether I should I go for a realistic approach (blimps and hot air balloons) or go for a fantasy thing (dragons and phoenixes and things like that). I'd also have to see if I could set something up so the walls gave off light from where the pictures would (e.g. if I put lightning in the light would come from that).

Get rid of the desk, bring in a bed, decorate it with a comfy blanket and pillows, get something that would allow you to have a hard surface to put your computer and paper on, do all your work in bed. 

Gigantic pillow fort cubicle; cover the walls with pillows and throw a huge sheet over everything. 

(Yes, I realize I wouldn't be a allowed to do half these things, but I stopped thinking realistically pretty much immediately.)

Edit: I lean a bit towards the castle idea. Stuffed animals make me happier than they should.
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
OK - I love the transparent office idea A LOT!
Quote 0 0
Wee Dingwall
So do I!  But the stuffed animals would be necessary for me too.

In fact, I'd add the stuffed animals into my city wall design.
Quote 0 0
PixarDude
My ideal cube is a cockpit-style cube in the shape of the Millenium Falcon's cockpit and interior. I would have the game board be my desk, where my computer/drawing utensils be. I would install shelves as well to display my Pixar/Star Wars collectibles. Oh, and a mini-fridge shaped like Han Solo in carbonite.
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy