Pixarsuperfan8695
I know Incredibles 2 smashed records at the box office and surpassed the box office totals of lots of popular movies, but I'm pretty sure we should be hearing about Toy Story 4 soon, so I made this thread to post and discuss news for the upcoming 2019 sequel. 
Here's what's been announced so far: 
- As many people know, Toy Story 4 will be a love story between Woody and Bo Peep. As it says on the Pixar Wikia
Quote:
Woody and his friends go on an adventure to find Bo Peep and bring her to Bonnie's House. 

- Unlike the other Toy Story films, it won't have it's main focus on the relationship between toys and their owners, and given the plotline, I'm predicting that will focus on toys and their own adventures. 
- Here's the first glimpse from 2016: Pixar_TS4.jpeg 
- Here's what John Lasseter said a couple years ago about the film: 
Quote:
We love these characters so much; they are like family to us. We don't want to do anything with them unless it lives up to or surpasses what's gone before. Toy Story 3 ended Woody and Buzz's story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another Toy Story movie. But when Andrew, Pete, Lee and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie—and I wanted to direct it myself. 

However, he stepped down as the director and handed the job to Josh Cooley, and it was announced a couple months back after his sabbatical that John Lasseter will be leaving Disney and Pixar by the end of 2018. 
Pixar-Toy-Story-4-meeting.jpg
- Originally, Rashida Jones and Will McCormick were going to write the script, but they later left Pixar due to "philosophical differences". It was announced in back in January this year that Stephany Folsom would write the script. 
- It was announced in late 2015 that Tom Hanks would return to voice Woody, and Don Rickles announced that he would be returning too, but on April 6th, 2017, he passed away due to kidney failure before he could record any of his lines. Kristen Schaal will return to voice Trixie and Laurie Metcalf will return to voice Ms. Davis (I'm just guessing, but I think it could have to do with Bo Peep possibly belonging to her before Andy. ) Back in May, BAM Studios revealed that Joan Cusack had started recording her lines for Jessie. 
- It has been announced that Randy Newman will return to score the film. 
- Writers had to throw out three quarters and re-write the story, causing the production delays for the film and the release date being pushed back twice. 
- Toy Story 4 will be the first Toy Story film to be shot in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio (e.g. Cars + Cars 2 + Cars 3, The Incredibles + Incredibles 2), while the previous 3 films have been shot in the 1.85:1 ratio (e.g. Inside Out, Finding Nemo + Finding Dory). 

While I'm eagerly waiting for Incredibles 2 to come out on home video, I couldn't have been more excited for this film, and I'm happily counting the days. I'm sure it's going to turn out amazing because of the great new screenwriter since Folsom grew up with the Toy Story films and it's great to have a writer who really loves the world and characters, and I REALLY can't wait to see the teaser later this year. ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’°Å¸ËœÂ
UPDATE: I forgot to include that from last year's D23, a new character named Lulu was previewed, and so far we only know that she's a paper doll. 
Quote 2 0
Arlo
Lasseter's executive producer credit on Toy Story 4 I'm sure will remain, as well as his credit on Ralph 2 and Frozen 2, as he's been pretty heavily involved with all three of those upcoming films.
Quote 2 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Cool idea to have a recap post - I must have overlooked the details of the aspect ratio being 2:40:1 - I wonder what drove that decision. That makes me feel this one is going to be a lot more action-packed and cinematic than prior Toy Story films. Interesting.
Quote 1 0
PixarsBiggestFan
Cool idea to have a recap post - I must have overlooked the details of the aspect ratio being 2:40:1 - I wonder what drove that decision. That makes me feel this one is going to be a lot more action-packed and cinematic than prior Toy Story films. Interesting.

I hope they’ll be more action in TS4 (around the same level as the previous TS features’ climaxes but throughout the film).

I’m thinking that maybe a factor in this decision is all the production problems. The film is already 2 years behind original schedule and changed both the director and sceeenwriters mid-production, and lost its executive producer/one of its original story members in a Me Too scandal. With all that, it’s budget is probably through the roof, so by rendering in widescreen instead of full screen, they’re saving both money and time by animating, lighting, and rendering a lot less. I don’t know how much money that saves, but I imagine at least a few million between less idling computers for rendering and lower wages/salaries/overtime pay for some of the crew members if they have to work less hours.
Quote 2 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Interesting thought on rendering less real estate on the screen - I wonder if that did play a part. My gut says no, but you never know. Either way, I love the thought and that you came up with that idea! 

On another note, I would also say that I always thought the film was going to get pushed back. When they first announced it, the release date of June 2017 would put it's release 3 years after it was announced (and they said they were just getting started writing the script with Rasheed and Will)...so, right from the get-go, something didn't seem right. A 2019 release would make it average at around 5 years of production, so the budget may not be that far off. We'll see.
Quote 1 0
ed840
Wait.. Didn't Don Rickles and the voice of Sarge died this year? Will we ever see Sarge again? How about Mr. Potato Head, I mean, who's going to replace him? I thought Inside Out, Finding Nemo, Finding Dory and every film except: "A Bug's Life, Cars, Cars 2, Cars 3, Coco, The Good Dinosaur, The Incredibles and Incredibles 2" was in the ratio of 1.78:1? Or is it that is it in US that it is 1.78:1? I prefer that Toy Story 4 is in 1.78:1, but 2.40:1 is okay? 

But I was also shocked to hear the fact that John Lasseter left Pixar when I saw the news and three fourths of the film was gone during the production? Wow..

I hope it's not a 10 or 14 year wait for Toy Story 4.

I basically grew up with Toy Story 3 and the original Toy Story and I never heard of Toy Story 2, either that or I was too young to remember Toy Story 2.

I ended up getting a backup copy of Toy Story 2 (the 2010 bluray and dvd edition) because my original dvd is wearing out almost and the bluray, I gave it to a friend.
Quote 0 0
ed840
I do hope almost all of the cast members return and that Toy Story 4 is a great movie!
Quote 0 0
Pixarsuperfan8695
ed840 wrote:
Wait.. Didn't Don Rickles and the voice of Sarge died this year? Will we ever see Sarge again? How about Mr. Potato Head, I mean, who's going to replace him?

I think there's a good chance Pixar will re-cast another actor for Mr. Potato Head like they did with Slinky Dog after Jim Varney passed away, but I don't think there'll be a new actor for Sarge since he left Andy's house with the other soldiers at the beginning of TS3, and he was last seen arriving at Sunnyside at the epilogue. Unless we see him at Sunnyside (if there's footage there), I don't think we'll get to see Sarge in TS4. 
Quote 0 0
PixarsBiggestFan
I’m confident that all returning characters will be reprised by the original actors except for Mr. Potato Head.

As for Sarge, I don’t expect to see him in the TS4 feature. But a short/TV special where they return to Sunnyside and see him there are possible. I think the most likely way he will return if he does is in a TS4 video game (assuming there will be one) - a lot of video games for Pixar sequels, both for consoles (such as Toy Story 3: The Video Game, Cars 2: The Video Game, Cars 3: Driven to Win, and LEGO The Incredibles) and mobile (such as Dory’s Reef and Cars: Lightning League) were made for their respective feature film sequels but many contain references/scenes/characters/modes/etc to/based on/from other films in their respective franchises. 
Quote 1 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy