Dan the Pixar Fan
My wife asked me kind of a fun question recently...she mentioned the classic food critic Anton Ego and how that one bite of ratatouille at the end of the film sent him back to his childhood days in his mom's kitchen. She asked me if I had any food that really hit home for me when I eat it (one that brings back the best of memories/most nostalgic). In this case though, I'll expand it to really any sense that brings you home to your childhood (any smell, taste, sight, etc).

What's your "ratatouille"? : )
Quote 0 0
Brita129
Here are a few of the foods I consider my "ratatouilles" that bring me back to my childhood...

*Smartfood Popcorn- My siblings and I would always eat this when we went to the beach. I can't help but think of that and summertime when I have it. Yum!

*Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting- My mom made me this for my 1st birthday and I've had the same recipe for almost every year since. It's a special birthday tradition.

*Subway's Meatball Marinara- Whenever my mom would take us to Subway, we'd always get this, with lots of veggies on it, and black olives. I'm not really a fan of black olives, but I still have to get them on my sub because it's what I grew up having. Writing this is making me crave one now haha...
Quote 0 0
mac95
This is a tough one for me. But, I came up with a few things!

Kellogg's "Tiger Power" cereal I remember loving for a long time, and a few years ago I believe they stopped making them! I have no clue why. I used to pour a bunch of them onto my plate, and then I would go draw with markers at my little desk I had... Ahh, those were the days. [smile]

For me, classic pepperoni pizza is a big one. It is pretty much the edible equivilant of the term 'party' and I can't resist it's mouthwatering flavor.

Mint chocolate chip ice cream also brings me back, as it is my favorite ice cream of all time.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Cool question - it's another "thinker" from Brita! So, first off I have to laugh...Julie and I just bought a bag of Smartfood Popcorn a few days ago when we were out. Your timing of bringing that up is perfect! I'd have to say that mine are (in order):
  1. My Mom's lasagna - the sauce is what makes it special and it's not a standard italian sauce...it actually has curry in it (just a little). Sounds weird...tastes great! She only makes it once a year (on Super Bowl Sunday) so I get to be taken back once every 365 days. 
  2. My Mom's ginger snap cookies. Every Christmas we'd make these beauties and every time I eat one I can't help but think of standing next to her in the kitchen and popping one of the piping hot cookies into my mouth.
  3. Air popped popcorn - we used to have a Friday night tradition where we would air pop a huge bowl of popcorn, make Kool-Aid and watch Dallas. Yup, Dallas! It was hardly a kid-friendly show when we watched it in the 80's, but it became a tradition because we used to live in Plano, Texas (just outside of Dallas) and we didn't live too far from where they taped the show. My parents never make popcorn any more (for some odd reason) so I actually have that exact air popper at my house now and every so often I pull it out and think of all the crazy times sitting around with my parents and sisters as we drizzled butter and shook some salt over the fluffy kernels! Great...now I think I'll have to make some later! [Big-Grin_zps23ec4c40]
So, Dan - you kicked off the question but didn't really answer it - what's your "Ratatouille"?

Oh, and mac95, hmmm, Tiger Power...why have I never heard of this cereal before? Dang it - and I consider myself to be somewhat of a cereal connoisseur. (I take Jerry Seinfeld's stance on cereal...he says, "there's something intriguing about eating and drinking all in the same bite.")
Quote 0 0
Didier Fayolle
Hi, long time lurker to you website here. I am French, I live in Hong Kong and I am a graphic designer for a toy company.

I have 2 confort food which really bring me back to my younger years: ratatouille ( yep !... This is one of the reason I love that movie so much !) and mash potatoes with minced beef !

I could discuss for hours about the movie. It hits so right on so many points... This is why I consider it a very well made classic movie.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Didier Fayolle wrote:
Hi, long time lurker to you website here. I am French, I live in Hong Kong and I am a graphic designer for a toy company.

I have 2 confort food which really bring me back to my younger years: ratatouille ( yep !... This is one of the reason I love that movie so much !) and mash potatoes with minced beef !

I could discuss for hours about the movie. It hits so right on so many points... This is why I consider it a very well made classic movie.

Hello Didier, 

First - welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a very cool job for sure - who doesn't love working around toys at some level?! [smile_zpsf797a80b]

Also - wow, how crazy is it that ratatouille is honestly on your list? That's great!
Quote 0 0
Didier Fayolle
Thank you  for the welcome!

"My" ratatouille is quite different than the one in the movie, of course, more... down to Earth kinda version, with Provence herbs and such.
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
OK so I'm finally getting to posting my ratatouille. [smile]

I would say the first 2 that came to find are actually smells:
1.) Walking into Toys R Us (or any other toy store/ isle like at Walmart). It reminds me every single time of my childhood days of going to the old KB toys (Toy Works, if you remember). I always have flashes of classic memories whenever I smell that classic smell of plastic and rubber. 

2.) Yankee Candle's Christmas eve candle. This candle is always lit during the whole Christmas season at my house and when I smell it, just about every Christmas memory comes to mind. Magical! : )

3.) And now a taste: I would say my mom's chicken stew and dumplings. It's a tough recipe to make (especially for how many people she has to make it for) so she only makes it once every winter. It always reminds me of the classic, cold, Connecticut winter days with family!

Thanks for all the comments everyone! I also have to add that I really loved Julie's "ratatouille" today during the podcast. I 100% agree with the Disney World Main Street one. It gets me every time!! Like Julie, I've been there countless times throughout my life since I was little and so that smell is VERY distinct and nostalgic. Can't wait to smell it again in 4 days! [biggrin]
Quote 0 0
mac95
Haha, if you like Pixar, a love for cereal is definetly something you have as well, T.J.. I always put those two in the same category of interests, and the Pixarians must as well because of their cereal bar! I love cereal as well. Did Jerry Seinfeld say that on his show, or off it? I would guess on it, since he clearly loves cereal too with his 10 or so boxes!

Hope you have a great time at Disney World, Dan and Brita! Will you bring back plenty of collectibles to talk about on your website?

And finally, I have another addition to my ratatouille: Mountain Mud Pie! To those who don't know what that is, it's coffee ice cream, chocolate syrup, Oreo cookie crumbs, and sometimes whipped cream, all in a Oreo Cookie crust! My family and I would always go to this restaurant a few towns over and for dessert, we would get this enormous Mountain Mud Pie! It was so savory delicious, it would melt my taste buds! Tonight, actually, I am having one in celebration of my birthday! Can't wait!
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
mac95 wrote:
Tonight, actually, I am having one in celebration of my birthday! Can't wait!

I know we're a little tardy, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY Aidan!!! Hope the Mountain Mud Pie lived up to your expectations!! [Balloon_zps256602e4][Cake_zps10b8756a]
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
Happy birthday man! Hope you had a good one. And thanks, we're really excited and are hoping to have a blast in DW! And yes, I'm really hoping to find some great collectibles to add to my collection and blog : ) I don't have anything in mind yet, but there's gotta be something there waiting for me to snag!

And by the way...Mountain Mud pie is AMAZING.
Quote 0 0
mac95
Thanks so much, guys! And yes, it certainly did.
Quote 0 0
oozma-girl
One of my ratatouilles that stands out to me will have to be KFC.
When I was younger and whenever my parents took my sisters and I to the zoo, we would always stop at KFC on the way back home. 
It had been a long tradition for the family.

Oh also, there is also a sweet bread my mom makes made with cheese. Trust me, it tastes great!
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
mac95 wrote:
Did Jerry Seinfeld say that on his show, or off it? I would guess on it, since he clearly loves cereal too with his 10 or so boxes!

Forgot to reply to this question - I'm pretty sure he said this during one of his stand-up performances! Seinfeld is the best!!
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
oozma-girl wrote:
Oh also, there is also a sweet bread my mom makes made with cheese. Trust me, it tastes great!

Traditions are the best!
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy