philly30 Show full post »
VioletParrfanatic1989

Pixar Post - T.J. wrote:
I'm definitely not saying the the Underminer should or shouldn't be in the film - all I'm saying is that you're very confidently stating, "But he's hinting at him regardless" when Stanton definitely doesn't hint at the Underminer or anything about the story specifically. You want it to be so, so that's what you're assuming his "hint" is. I just want to make sure someone reading this forum doesn't walk away with misleading information as Stanton very clearly did not hint or confirm any specific element (or character) of the story.

Don't confuse my clarity of Stanton's point for my opinion of whether I want him in the story or not. 

Now, if you want my opinion - I don't really care if the Underminer is in it or not - because even if he is, he'll more than likely be in it for a few minutes anyway. <-- Just my take.

Fair enough.

More likely he'll get scrapped anyways, since the story is focusing on the idea of Dash fighting Jack-Jack with 1 of them turning evil as a result.

Quote 0 0
CanadianPixarFan
VioletParrfanatic1989 wrote:

since the story is focusing on the idea of Dash fighting Jack-Jack with 1 of them turning evil as a result.

Woah that's big news! I have not heard that, can I ask for your source?
Quote 0 0
VioletParrfanatic1989

CanadianPixarFan wrote:

Woah that's big news! I have not heard that, can I ask for your source?

Look up the Incredibles II on Goggle under news (easy find), it even states a Reddit user's fan-theory of Dash possibly getting jealous of his siblings which causes 1 of the 2 younger siblings to turn (which makes sense for Dash to turn, since he's quite the troublemaker in general), the only problem is that: Will Bird really go that direction, or go with something else that's parent related like the 1st film did?

Regardless it's looking more likely we're getting our grown up/experienced Parr family, just as the whole world wants. 

Quote 0 0
CanadianPixarFan

Look up the Incredibles II on Goggle under news (easy find), it even states a Reddit user's fan-theory of Dash possibly getting jealous of his siblings which causes 1 of the 2 younger siblings to turn (which makes sense for Dash to turn, since he's quite the troublemaker in general), the only problem is that: Will Bird really go that direction, or go with something else that's parent related like the 1st film did?

Regardless it's looking more likely we're getting our grown up/experienced Parr family, just as the whole world wants. 

I looked into it. Yeah there are articles that say that but I haven't found any shred of credibility to any of them. I dived into the "sources" of several of such articles. Usually it would take me to another article, then another one until it eventually would always come down to Wikia page. Wikia pages are fun, but they're certainly not known for their credibility. And to be honest, I'm very skeptical, I doubt Pixar would be willing to release such detailed plot information this far in advance. Just think about how much mystery still remains around Finding Dory which is only a week away.

I also haven't seen any credible indications that we are getting a grown up Parr Family. That's not to say we won't or we shouldn't, I'd be very open to that idea and Pixar might go that way, but to my knowledge, they haven't confirmed or even hinted at that yet. 
Quote 1 0
VioletParrfanatic1989

CanadianPixarFan wrote:

I looked into it. Yeah there are articles that say that but I haven't found any shred of credibility to any of them. I dived into the "sources" of several of such articles. Usually it would take me to another article, then another one until it eventually would always come down to Wikia page. Wikia pages are fun, but they're certainly not known for their credibility. And to be honest, I'm very skeptical, I doubt Pixar would be willing to release such detailed plot information this far in advance. Just think about how much mystery still remains around Finding Dory which is only a week away.

I also haven't seen any credible indications that we are getting a grown up Parr Family. That's not to say we won't or we shouldn't, I'd be very open to that idea and Pixar might go that way, but to my knowledge, they haven't confirmed or even hinted at that yet. 

So these rumors of Dash vs J-J could all be fakes in the end? (Praise the Almighty Bird, if these are indeed false.)

Then what direction would Disney/Pixar take the characters in a Family of Superheroes story (since we know the sequel will tread very similar grounds to the 1st film), age them up by a few years (2-3 years which is typical in non-Toy Story sequels, which is more likely to keep it traditional) or keep them as they are with a small time skip like say 6 months-to-1 year (aka going the Finding Dory route, even though that could squash the story itself as they would want to focus on all 5 family members rather than 4 which the end of the 1st film set us up for (can't focus on all 5 family members with 1 of them still a developing baby/toddler).

Speaking of Finding Dory (which would be best in it's own slot on the Dory page), we already seen what her parents are going to look like, the mystery would be what role are all of these new characters going to play in the actual film itself? (Getting a little off-topic here.)

Quote 0 0
CanadianPixarFan

So these rumors of Dash vs J-J could all be fakes in the end? (Praise the Almighty Bird, if these are indeed false)  

I'm very confident those rumors are fake. I couldn't find any credibility to them and if there was any credibility I'm sure the news would be everywhere be now. 

Quote:
Then what direction would Disney/Pixar take the characters in a Family of Superheroes story (since we know the sequel will tread very similar grounds to the 1st film), age them up by a few years (2-3 which is typical in non-Toy Story sequels, which is more likely) or keep them as they are with a small time skip like say 6 months-to-1 year (aka going the Finding Dory route, even though that could squash it as they would want to focus on all 5 family members rather than 4 which the end of the 1st film set us up for). 

Honestly, who knows what direction Pixar will take! Pixar even probably has very few finalized details at this point.

While there may be some recurring patterns in Pixar sequels, these are not any reasonable basis to make predictions because there aren't enough Pixar sequels so any common occurrences are likely just coincidental. After all, only Toy Story, Cars, Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo have full length sequels (or prequels in Monsters case). As an example, I'll address your first claim that Aging characters by a few years is common in Non-toy story sequels:

First of all, let's keep in mind that non-toy story sequels only includes 3 feature films (well technically 2 but I'll include Monsters U even though it's not a sequel). So we've got Monsters University, Cars 2 and Finding Dory.

We know that Finding Dory is set six months after Finding Nemo and Monsters University does the opposite of aging then. That leaves us with only one Non-Toy story sequel that ages the characters by a few years and that is Cars 2. So no, it's not common to age characters by a few years in Toy-story sequels and there is no reason to expect the incredibles to do this. That doesn't mean they won't, but they haven't indicated that they will. 

So to finally get to the main question (What direction will Pixar take?), the exciting answer is that nobody can possibly have any idea. There are limitless possibilites they could do I just can't come up with a good example because I'm not as good at creating and tellings stories as Pixar is. We don't know what will happen in this movie, but I'm willing to wait trusting that Pixar knows what they're doing. 

Quote:
Speaking of Finding Dory (which would be best in it's own slot on the Dory page), we already seen what her parents are going to look like, the mystery would be what role are all of these new characters going to play in the actual film itself? (Getting a little off-topic here.)

Yea that's part of the mystery but there's even more than that. We barely have even a general idea of the plot! In Inside Out, Bing Bong was never in any ads or any promo footage at all so nobody saw him until the Movie. Finding Dory will likely have it's own Bing Bongs. They may or may not be characters, but there's probably a lot of information that they are saving for the movie. 

So to summarize everything, nobody has any clue what to expect from this movie. But Pixar knows what they're doing. We may be able to make a few guesses, but I think it's safe to say that the artists at Pixar are better at coming up with story ideas than the general population. Whatever they decide will likely be a total surprise and absolutely brilliant. It's best to have no expectations except for one thing: expect the unexpected, because if there's anything pixar knows how to do, it's surprise us. I can't wait to find out what surprises they have with The Incredibles II.

Quote 1 0
VioletParrfanatic1989

CanadianPixarFan wrote:

I'm very confident those rumors are fake. I couldn't find any credibility to them and if there was any credibility I'm sure the news would be everywhere be now. 

Honestly, who knows what direction Pixar will take! Pixar even probably has very few finalized details at this point.

While there may be some recurring patterns in Pixar sequels, these are not any reasonable basis to make predictions because there aren't enough Pixar sequels so any common occurrences are likely just coincidental. After all, only Toy Story, Cars, Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo have full length sequels (or prequels in Monsters case). As an example, I'll address your first claim that Aging characters by a few years is common in Non-toy story sequels:

First of all, let's keep in mind that non-toy story sequels only includes 3 feature films (well technically 2 but I'll include Monsters U even though it's not a sequel). So we've got Monsters University, Cars 2 and Finding Dory.

We know that Finding Dory is set six months after Finding Nemo and Monsters University does the opposite of aging then. That leaves us with only one Non-Toy story sequel that ages the characters by a few years and that is Cars 2. So no, it's not common to age characters by a few years in Toy-story sequels and there is no reason to expect the incredibles to do this. That doesn't mean they won't, but they haven't indicated that they will. 

So to finally get to the main question (What direction will Pixar take?), the exciting answer is that nobody can possibly have any idea. There are limitless possibilites they could do I just can't come up with a good example because I'm not as good at creating and tellings stories as Pixar is. We don't know what will happen in this movie, but I'm willing to wait trusting that Pixar knows what they're doing. 

Yea that's part of the mystery but there's even more than that. We barely have even a general idea of the plot! In Inside Out, Bing Bong was never in any ads or any promo footage at all so nobody saw him until the Movie. Finding Dory will likely have it's own Bing Bongs. They may or may not be characters, but there's probably a lot of information that they are saving for the movie. 

So to summarize everything, nobody has any clue what to expect from this movie. But Pixar knows what they're doing. We may be able to make a few guesses, but I think it's safe to say that the artists at Pixar are better at coming up with story ideas than the general population. Whatever they decide will likely be a total surprise and absolutely brilliant. It's best to have no expectations except for one thing: expect the unexpected, because if there's anything pixar knows how to do, it's surprise us. I can't wait to find out what surprises they have with The Incredibles II.

I agree.

The Incredibles II is basically a family of Bing Bongs, it's a complete mystery to even guess the story (the only possible thing we can expect is the return of the cast which is an easy guess).

("Gets the idea of Violet singing Bing Bong's song from IO.)

Quote 1 0
CanadianPixarFan

I agree.

The Incredibles II is basically a family of Bing Bongs, it's a complete mystery to even guess the story (the only possible thing we can expect is the return of the cast which is an easy guess).

("Gets the idea of Violet singing Bing Bong's song from IO.)

Yay a settlement has been reached! Thanks for this conversation, I enjoyed it. We have a LONG time before The Incredibles II so I'm sure we'll know more by the time it gets closer to the movie actually being released, but they'll still leave lots of surprises for the actual movie.

I'm all for making predictions, as long as we keep in mind that predictions aren't factual so we have to be careful our wording doesn't imply this.
Quote 1 0
VioletParrfanatic1989

CanadianPixarFan wrote:

Yay a settlement has been reached! Thanks for this conversation, I enjoyed it. We have a LONG time before The Incredibles II so I'm sure we'll know more by the time it gets closer to the movie actually being released, but they'll still leave lots of surprises for the actual movie.

I'm all for making predictions, as long as we keep in mind that predictions aren't factual so we have to be careful our wording doesn't imply this.

Yup.

So now we just simply wait and play the waiting game, of course D23 is next year so the film will most certainly be mentioned in some form like it was last year when we got the 1st teaser poster (which means we'll probably get more news on it, hopefully we only get pictures of the family along with whoever the new villain will be, along with the 2nd poster.) (if anything the 2nd poster will do)

Actually it's not just a Family of Bing Bongs, a Family of Super Bing Bongs (wow I'm weird today, getting way too off-topic.)

Quote 1 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy