Ultimate iPad Expert
Hey everyone, I'm sure if you're a big enough Pixar fan to be on this forum, then you know of the secretive A113. It has appeared in every Pixar film so far, with only one exception. No one has yet spotted the secret in Monsters Inc. So only one question: Is it in Monsters Inc?

A while ago I watched a Pixar documentary on YouTube, I believe made by BBC or another British television station, in which they discussed the topic of Pixar's hidden easter eggs. They began talking about A113, bringing in Pete Docter to explain where it was in Monsters Inc. I don't remember the video too much, but I believe that Docter mentioned that it was somewhere as a room number. I will try to find the video and show you exactly what Docter said by posting it in this forum. I remember as a kid trying hard to find A113 in Monsters Inc, but with no success. I also remember seeing this:
[Monsters_Inc_XP_13]

and thinking how easy it could have been to make this the A113 location. What are your thoughts?
Quote 0 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
After a little searching I have found the video, it had been deleted from YouTube, so it was a little tricky to find. You can view it at the link below:

http://www.videobash.com/video_show/disney-pixar-25-magic-moments-1178972

The part about A113 in Monsters Inc. begins at the time slot 20:16. He seems to think that it is in Monsters Inc., though.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Thanks for finding that video - I actually haven't watched that full special before so I'll have to check it out, but I do remember seeing something similar with Pete where he also said he wasn't sure where it was in Monsters, Inc.. I've scoured that movie a bunch of times but could never find it. I guess unless they go back to the original sets or something like that we may never know. Someone at Pixar has to know for sure though, right?! Right!? I'd love to finally know so we could put that one to rest.

Has anyone else heard anything different?
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
OK, so I ended up watching the entire BBC special and it is pretty dang good for sure! It's pretty standard information if you're a Pixar fan and mirrors some of the info from The Pixar Story (link to iTunes), but I love how it ends on such an emotional high note with the music and composition (it gives you that warm & fuzzy feel about Pixar)!
Quote 0 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
I had thought that it was possible that A113 was in a deleted scene, maybe much more prominent in that scene. Perhaps that is the case, it also could be very small in a scene, in which case you would need to zoom in on it or just added to an unused set.
Quote 0 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
I decided to go in and see what Google has to say about the matter.

A dutch site discussed where A113 in all of the Pixar films are, saying that in Monsters Inc. it was, "In Monsters, Inc..'s 'A113' (barely) to read on a nameplate in the background. This is the scene where Sully will notice that Smitty and Needleman loading the vuilnisverkleiner." (this was translated using Google Translate) Another site, this one English, said basically the same thing, "A113 can be seen in the background when Sulley sees Smitty and Needleman loading the trash compactor (not pictured)"
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
I'll have to watch it again later, but I of course pulled up the movie right away and couldn't spot it myself. I'll dig through that scene again but from my initial glance, I don't know how anyone could confidently make out the background door plates in that scene! Ha! [Winking_zps1d9118ce] Any luck spotting it on your side?
Quote 0 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
I haven't spotted it, I'm actually on vacation, so I can't watch the movie right now, but in about a week or so I'll try to check for it.
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
This is been quite the mystery for some time now! It's super interesting for sure though...But if the director can't even remember where it is, count me out of the hunt, ha! It must be very well hidden. These are interesting clues though, I'll be interested to see if it's actually found soon!

Quote 0 0
ed840
A113 has been around in all movies but, can you find all of the movies that have it?[Big-Grin_zps23ec4c40]
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
Just saw this today- this article on the official disney insider blog confirms what you were saying about what scene A113 is in: "On a sign in the background when Smitty and Needleman load the trash compactor". Now I'll have to put on the movie and check it out for myself to see if I see it [smile]

http://blogs.disney.com/insider/2014/09/09/9-things-you-didnt-know-about-pixar/?cmp=SMC|blginsider|InsiderSeptember|TWT|pixar9things-Pixar|InHouse|91014|||esocialmedia|||
Quote 0 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
I have heard that A113 is located there, and I've searched many times, but I could never find it there. Of course when I've searched, it's been on a low quality DVD. You may have more luck with a Blu-ray.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
I've looked again on the Blu Ray just to be safe and I can't make anything out specifically. It is cool that there's a confirmation from the Disney blog though - that pretty much solidifies it...although I still want visual proof! [Smug_zpsbec03801]
Quote 0 0
Raz Yizhack
I have just found something after watching the door scene today
http://gyazo.com/02ee342d6367f50747a81527529417c3
Right its A13 but its pretty close ..
its on 1:09:50 on the film
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy