PixarsBiggestFan
Well I do respect the opinions of people who do not like the Pixar Cars films, I cannot accept their claim that Cars is only for little kids. Why do people see Cars this way?

I think the main reason is they think that "all the characters are talking vehicles, so Cars is only appropriate for ages 6 and under". Because of this idea, parents took their 3-year-olds to Cars in 2006, and they eventually lost interest in the Cars franchise. Then, if your living at the time Cars 3 comes out (this summer, 2017), and you still still have a sense of appreciation for the Cars films, the first thought that runs into someone's mind is "he's/she's immature".

What adults do not realize is that there is more to Cars than just talking vehicles. People over the age of about 10 usually aren't regular Cars viewers for the fact that is stars a talking race car; they view it for other reasons, such as an emotional connection, or to see how Pixar's technology has evolved over the course of the three films. I wouldn't be surprised if adults watched Cars 2 (the so-called "worst Pixar movie of all time") to catch new Easter eggs. In reality, the 5-year-old viewers who watch Cars everyday aren't the real fans because they only care about the final movie and its toys; the real fans are us teenagers and adults who go for more than just the movie's plot, who are interested in production, and everything about it.

Just because Cars stars a talking car, and has a cast of talking vehicles, that doesn't make it immature. There is so much more to these movies than just a talking race car, it's technology, experience, and the respect for filmmaking that drives adults and teenagers to Cars. Why do you think that non-Pixar fans view the Cars franchise as being for little kids only?
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
Interesting question. 

I think that the first Cars is like every other Pixar movie in the sense that it can be enjoyed by both adults and kids. (Car racing is a very exciting idea for both demographics) the reason Cars isn't viewed as top-tier Pixar I believe is not because of it's appeal to adults, it's just that it's very simplistic with its story, and very formulaic with it's character choices. It doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing, but it still doesn't really resonate as loud as the other movies. The cars may look very cartoony, but the themes in the movie aren't kiddish at all. Trying to find your identity, overcoming your ego, realizing to slow down and appreciate life are all very mature themes. 

Now Cars 2, in my honest opinion is evidently very much for kids. 
Cars 2 is just a mess, with its story, character choices, script, everything really. Cars 2 really has nothing adults can connect to. It's a story about spy cars with Mater in the center. And it's message about "being yourself" is so simplistic and on the nose. That message would resonate with kids, definitely not with adults, they are way past that. Some people do enjoy the movie, and I respect that, but generally speaking, it is very immature with the way it handles the themes and its story. It just isn't good filmmaking. I know it might be frustrating seeing someone saying the same thing over and over, but Cars 2 really doesn't have anything to challenge the human mind, or stimulate anyone for that matter. I consider it just mindless entertainment.

So yeah, I don't think it's just non-Pixar fans, I'm a Pixar fan and I can proudly admit my disappointment for Cars 2, as can many other Pixar fans. I love Pixar, they are incredible, but I don't have to like everything that they do, i wouldn't feel true to myself. 

Haven't seen Cars 3, I want to get to it hopefully sometime this week. 

But yeah, I think Cars 1 is great. 

Quote 1 0
PixarsBiggestFan
Here's an article that even further argues that kids can't relate to Cars 3.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/cars-3-can-kids-relate-pixar-movie-1014508
Quote 0 0
WarrenJB
PixarsBiggestFan wrote:
Here's an article that even further argues that kids can't relate to Cars 3.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/cars-3-can-kids-relate-pixar-movie-1014508

I get the feeling that he has to earn his paycheck somehow.

Quote:
Here's where a kid viewer probably can't relate to McQueen's story

I think the P-word is significant. He's overanalyzing things, projecting onto the children in the audience. It's like me saying that because I don't like Arlo's design in The Good Dinosaur, then no-one will like it. [tongue] He thinks kids won't relate to McQueen's career situation, and uses other Pixar films like The Incredibles as examples with emotions and situations that kids can relate to. Y'know The Incredibles... The one where one of the main characters is preoccupied about... his career situation...

I'll try not to carry over too many more spoilers from that article, but I don't think that kids have to directly relate to that very specific dilemma, in order to relate at all. It can be applicable to a lot of different situations, and even then maybe it doesn't have to. Pixar are pretty good at giving you the feels in all sorts of diverse - even barmy - scenarios.

No-one pays me for my own grumpy opinions, much less the Hollywood reporter, so maybe I don't have the chops to say so: but I think the article's flawed right from it's basic premise.
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy