Luis504170
It looks like we are getting two Pixar movies in the year 2015 and 2017. This pretty much marks a new era for Pixar. I know the two movies in 2015 situation was bound to happen due to all of the behind-the-scenes conflict surrounding The Good Dinosaur. But what about 2017? What do you prefer? One movie a year or do you like this new trend better?

Personally, I prefer one movie a year. 

Part of the reason Pixar movies are so memorable, (aside from the spectacular story, characters and morals) is that they release just 1 movie a year. Concluding that having one Pixar movie a year acquired more praise due to the fact that the spotlight was just hitting one movie, and not two. It´s very hard to explain it. I´m not sure if Pixar trying to work faster to cluster two movies a year will affect the quality of said movie, but I think it could affect the attention.

Take Dreamworks as an example, because they release 2-3 movies a year, it´s harder for one of their movies to keep the audiences´ attention because they just watched a dreamworks movie *blank* months ago.

Also Disney, If Big Hero 6 were to come out 3-6 months after Frozen, this could´ve gone two ways.

A) Big Hero 6 doesn´t get the deserved attention due to Frozen-hype.

or

B) Frozen looses the audience too soon because they moved on to the next "Disney offering"

Sorry if I didn´t explain myself too well, but I would love to hear your thoughts!
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
What two films are we getting in 2017? Toy Story 4 and...?

You raise a good point. Personally I don't really care either way. 
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
The other 2017 film is yet to be announced, but there´s a lot of speculation that it will be the Dia de Los muertos film.
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
Hopefully it is announced in D23. Does anyone know the date of that?
Quote 0 0
mac95
D23 this year is August 14, 15, and 16.
I am not feeling worried about the quality of either of Pixar's films this year because The Good Dinosaur has been in production for long enough to make it amazing, and Inside Out has a great preside with wonderful characters.
As for your question: Part of me wants two a year because I'm selfish for Pixar movies, haha! And the other part of me wants one a year simply to make it more of an event when one comes out. I am not worried for the quality of Pixar's films being affected by releasing two a year, because
1. It's not the exact same group of people working on both films, so both teams work just as hard as they normally would.
2. I also feel like it's kind of just "the way it turned out". I know Ed Catmull said a while ago that they were aiming for two movies every other year, and if they are feeling confident that they can accomplish that successfully, than I believe that.

Most of the people going to see a movie couldn't care less what studio made it, so that isn't why DreamWorks hasn't been doing well lately. DreamWorks has been failing because that have trouble tellingf a good story, except for How To Train Your Dragon 2 which was amazing
Quote 1 0
Luis504170
I agree with you! Thank you on the dates. I agree with the fact that releasing two movies a year won´t affect the Pixar Magic. And I agree that releasing one a year is more of an event. But, there are people who go see movies basing on what studio made them. Not studios like Universal Pictures or Lionsgate. But studios like Disney, Marvel and Pixar, yes. I remember a lot of my friends found the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer to be meh-ish. But they said "It´s Marvel so I´ll go see it anyway". The trailers for Ratatouille and Wall-E were very bad trailers. But people went to go see those movies because it was the studio behind Toy Story and The Incredibles. Granted, Ratatouille and Wall-E ended up being Masterpieces.

Regardless, that is just my Point of view, and you don´t have to agree. I just think that some studios do have a significant power to impact people. That´s why we are here! Because Pixar impacted us! You don´t see a Universal Pictures fan forum or a 20th Century Fox fan forum. But there are Marvel, Pixar, and Disney fan forums.
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
I really think people go to see movies just based on how interesting they look.

Some Pixar movies gross way lower than others despite having the studio's name. WALL-E actually was on the lower end of Pixar's box offices, unfortunately.

Dreamworks' recent movies have reviews on the same level as Pixar's recent fair (higher, in the case of Cars 2), but don't do as well. 

There really isn't a clear pattern here. 
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
Bonnie wrote:
I really think people go to see movies just based on how interesting they look.

Some Pixar movies gross way lower than others despite having the studio's name. WALL-E actually was on the lower end of Pixar's box offices, unfortunately.

Dreamworks' recent movies have reviews on the same level as Pixar's recent fair (higher, in the case of Cars 2), but don't do as well. 

There really isn't a clear pattern here. 

Definetly, but I still believe that some people see Pixar movies because they are Pixar. Wall-e, I believe to be on the higher list of Pixar movies. But, with my last statement, I was pointing out that just a handful of people see movies because of the studio. If Wall-E was not a Pixar or Disney movie, I think it would´ve made at least 10-15 million dollars less. And the trailers for Wall-E were very bad trailers and did not serve justice to the movie.
Quote 0 0
Luis504170
So with the new trailer for The Good Dinosaur and being a very talked about topic on the world wide web I'm a little worried that the world will move on from Inside Out too soon. It feels a little weird having two Pixar movies this year. The Good Dinosaur seems extremely close. Hopefully I'm just over-reacting and Inside Out won't be forgotten too soon. Does anyone else share this concern? 
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Nah, I'm not worried about Inside Out being forgotten - it has already solidified its place in the top 5 for many people (as we know from the ranking topic and outside of the forum too). Additionally, with the Blu-Ray coming out they'll have a second marketing push and it's almost certain to clean up during awards season (which will draw more attention to it). 

As far as Pixar movies - I could go either way with one or two a year. I like the annual nature of one film a year and I like the ability to watch, talk about, re-watch, interview employees, visit the studio and dig through the Blu Ray to really absorb the film over time. But, I also like the excitement and hustle-and-bustle of two films in a year for the site and to keep the engagement up chatting with people about the studio.
Quote 1 0
UntoldStories113
I'm kinda torn on this. On the one hand, sure, I'd be the last person to argue against getting to see more Pixar movies. [wink]

On the other... I think it would start feeling "cheap" fairly soon. With one movie a year, it's a rare "treat" that I can look forward to all year, and then dissect even the tiniest little detail I can find and soak them all in. [wink] But with two a year, the "reflection phase" would be a lot shorter, so I'd probably feel I couldn't give each movie the attention it deserves. Plus, I tend to have "phases" of things I'm excited about, and I think that the arrival of a new movie to obsess over might cut down on my enjoyment of the last one.

So really, I have no idea what would be better for me personally.

From a more objective standpoint, though, I think it might not be a smart move in terms of awards seasons and audiency numbers and such. I don't care about those at all, but I guess that they're important to the film industry as a whole. And I believe Pixar might severely damage their own chances by splitting their votes, moviegoers, and marketing resources between two movies while the other studios can concentrate on just one.
Quote 1 0
Luis504170
So I just read some reviews for The Good Dinosaur and as feared, it was like a slap to the face when some of them expressed that since The Good Dinosaur came out on the same year as Inside Out,  it´s not as great as it could´ve been. 

I don´t know where that mentality comes from. 

One of them even stated that if this movie came out on a different year as Inside Out, it would´ve been fantastic. How does that make any sense? Since when does an original movie affect the quality of another film? It could affect the attention the other film is getting, but the quality?

I think it is much better if Pixar were to release 1 film a year, it makes it a much bigger event. 

Quote 1 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy