Len Afolabi
If you were working for Pixar, which dream project would you pitch to them?
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Hey Len, welcome to the forum! That's an interesting question - is it bad that my first reaction was, "if I had one, I wouldn't share it because then it would put my great idea out there and then someone could steal it?" Ha! 

I'd be interested to see what other may say. From my own perspective, I haven't thought of a project or idea to pitch for a film...but we did pitch them on the idea of our Pixar Pipeline Project (where we interviewed folks from a lot of the main departments from concept to screen) and they approved it right away (which was exciting).

As far as you - since you posed the question, I'll ask you as well - what are your ideas?
Quote 0 0
Len Afolabi
My story would be about a group of friendly giants, but Disney is already making a similar film like that called Gigantic. 
Quote 1 0
Bonnie
That'd depend, I guess.

I have a story I go back to a lot based on playing with how common it is for super heroes to have dead loved ones as part of their backstories. It takes two forms. One is a lighter, softer story where a super intelligent hero invents time travel and sells it as an expensive service to grieving heroes, and a young girl whose only power is flight tries to save up the money to use the service (in this universe the government pays heroes based on how big of a threat they took down. Since her powers or neither offensive nor defensive it's dangerous for her to go for anything big) and save her dad. The other is a darker type story where the government creates the time travel machine, but decides since it's unstable only one person can use it, and so launch a contest to decide the most productive hero, which subsequently makes the heroes so desperate they start sabotaging other heroes . I love the ideas, but I'd never pitch them to Pixar because they already have a super hero IP, and I think the way I imagine the latter (with a lot of emphasis on tragic backstories) might be darker than they'd normally go for.

Similarly, I have an idea for a short where the gimmick is that the story is a knight telling her king about how she slayed a terrible monster to save the kingdom, but on screen we see what really happened, and what really happened is that she effectually stabbed a magical toddler (who did endanger the kingdom, but unintentionally, without knowing it was doing anything wrong) while its back was turned. Again, love the idea, would never pitch it to Pixar because I doubt they'd go for it (again, darker than what they normally do. There isn't comeuppance or anything, it's basically just "this is the story of this character who's an awful person and this time she did an awful thing"). 

For an idea I like, and that I also think Pixar could conceivably go for, a long time ago I had an idea for a story about an aquaphobic young man whose parents, who were sailors and always disappointed that he hated the ocean, left in their will that in order to claim his (very large) inheritance he must sail to an island, tackling any obstacles along the way (then he gets to the dock and finds the boat he needs to use is an old fashioned, pirate ship type thing). 

Then for shorts, I've been trying to storyboard a story where clouds are sentient, and one that lives over a campground has to help a lost little girl find her way to her worried parents (the cloud turns into the shape of her favorite animal to comfort her, turns into an arrow to point her in the right direction, asks other clouds to stop blocking the light from the sun so she has more light, etc.). And that idea sprung from another, which I also enjoy, where it was flipped, and the clouds were like fey of some kind, which lured the little girl away and she had to get back home against their wishes. 

So, if we're going for "Just pitch your dream, it doesn't matter if it's plausible for them to take it", then I'd pick from the first two (three, I guess). If we're trying to be realistic, the latter two (also three, I guess).

Though, thinking more about it, even if I didn't need to worry about plausibility I don't know if I'd go for the first ones over the other ones. Or if I'd even go with these and not other ideas. [Confused_zps36c72db0]

Pixar Post - T.J. wrote:
Hey Len, welcome to the forum! That's an interesting question - is it bad that my first reaction was, "if I had one, I wouldn't share it because then it would put my great idea out there and then someone could steal it?" Ha! 

Okay, so I'm not super egotistical for having stuff like that pop into my head (maybe not when it was mentioned here, but other times when I've considered posting ideas). [Silly_zps7c205e8c] I've had like five professors at university tell me I'm good at ideas but bad at execution and I worry that's inflated my head in that department.
Quote 0 0
WarrenJB
Nice one - nice ideas. [smile]

Monsters Inc II - thanks to laugh energy and monsters engaging with kids more, the monster world isn't quite so secret as it once was. Shadowy human agencies are tinkering with creating their own 'door' technology to enter and possibly exploit the monster world, and one incident ends up with Sully missing in the human world. It's up to Mike and an older Boo (and any number of the old OK fraternity) to get along and find him, and find out what the human agenda is before they create their first fully operational door. Sully finds out for himself as he winds up in Area 51, and learns just why humans have been figuring out the rudiments of door tech.

"I win this time, Sssullivan..."
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
I like the ideas!! Bonnie - those are some well thought out ideas! I like the theme of them but the one I like the best is exploring the sale of time travel - that alone is an interesting core to explore. I could see issues because of a patent on the technology and a limited supply leading to issues (as you mentioned). I like that.

Also, the idea of the clouds is the other one that intrigued me...but my head immediately continued the story and I wanted to know how the girl would remember this in the future and how she would then interact with the clouds in the future (i.e., would that have a longer-term effect on her).

Anyway - nice thoughts.

Also - WarrenJB, the Monsters Inc II idea is one that could work - there's so much to explore in that highly original world. My version wouldn't lean as much towards the outside world trying to get in though...but I don't have it worked out! [smile]
Quote 0 0
BornFromThe90s

Very interesting ideas. That aquaphobic story really had me interested.

Oh I love topics like these. Me myself I'm definitely following the path to become a storyteller. I write stories almost daily with lots of concepts popping up out of experience and my own imagination. But like you said ideas can be stolen, and it hurts the most if it's a very personal and emotional story you've been working on for years. 

Ive worked on this one recently.
Born with the ability to speak to all living creatures and bring joy into broken souls. After a few years of living and appreciating life the protagonist is given a mission to explore new realms in-between and set peace as a promise for it's loyal people. While accepting the mission the protagonist also has a memory flash to find out where exactly did it's powers originate from. However stepping out from it's only known home turns out to be a real wake up call for a different reality. Suddenly the protagonist experiences events that shows that not everyone appreciates it's presence. Relying on it's upbringing the protagonist faces obstacles as it for the first time faces fear and untrustworthy individuals. With the help from two good hearted, self centred siblings they set out on a journey visiting different realms. While trying to also discover their true origins on the way. "But is the truth really the answer, than appreciating what they already have on the inside?" 

What makes this concept interesting for me to continue working on is, that I want the main characters to be young children. I want the story to jump into a perspective of first a very well mannered and responsible child who sets out for good intentions, but is overwhelmed by it's own desires while trying to balance while being so young and filled with curiosity. That I find very interesting. But I might add some more twists to mix it up a little.

I also got some concepts for short films

Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy