iPixar Show full post »
Peace_Love_Pixar
Just Keep Swimming wrote:
One thing I’m curious about: Will the cool temperate waters off the coast of California have any negative affects on the trio? Monterey is a few hours drive from where I live, and our ocean can get pretty chilly. This is because it's flowing down from the arctic as it makes it's way to the equator. Tropical fish such as clownfish and regal tangs don’t do well outside of warm waters, so I’m wondering if this would be essential to the plot. I would think the cold wouldn't have an immediate affect on them at first, but after a while it could turn into a threat. Then again, the writers could've just ignored this detail all together xD

What do you guys think?

Welcome to the forums, Just Keep Swimming! [biggrin]

Interesting question, by the way! Personally though, I'm thinking that they may have perhaps ignored this detail for story simplicity's sake or they didn't know this. It could add some really interesting story elements though, so maybe they did.

Heh heh, I don't know, it could go both ways. I guess we'll find out on June 17! [smile]
Quote 0 0
Peace_Love_Pixar
ThePolishGent wrote:
I do have a prediction in regards with the sea otters. I've already left a comment on the main page on the latest post but I'll leave one here as well! I do predict that somewhere in the movie, Dory will enter the kelp forest region where she continues to ask various sea creatures of where her parents are. From there on, Dory will come across a mother otter who is looking for her missing pup. Dory agrees to help her look it and then later on finds the mischievous critter. Sometime after this, there's going to be a emotional heartfelt family moment in this segment of the movie with not just the mother and the pup but with all the other otters as well. This I believe will also tie in with Dory and her parents and this might where she will probably have a flashback of her childhood and it will also be her explaining about her family and what they meant for her.

Hey, that's a very nice idea! That'd be cute. [smile]
Quote 1 0
Zoey_Trope
I know I'd love to see some cameo characters return in FD...but the thing is, they'd have to be vital to the story in some way and not feel shoehorned in just for the star power alone. Crush and Squirt are coming back because it looks as though they'll play an important role (getting the gang to Monterey, I presume), but if Bruce and co. and/or the Tank Gang are to come back, let's hope they play a part in Dory's story.

The theory with the otters sounds cute...I've been wondering how these guys will fit into the story. Will the otters be wild or at the MLI? My guess is wild, but we'll have to wait and see.

I have my own theory on the kelp forest, though (I may have said this before somewhere else on the forums, but I'll explain it in more detail here). My guess is that since Dory was born and raised in the MLI and then released into the ocean while still young, it makes sense that she'd run into the kept forest just off the coast. In a world of seaweed that's miles upon miles long, a little fish could easily get lost in the labyrinth-like environment. Factor in Dory's memory problems...and it's safe to say that she was probably lost in the kept forest for a long, long time when she was young.

And another little quick bit: I think it's neat that, so far, Dory's only childhood friend is a whale shark. Tying into what I mentioned earlier, my guess is that Dory was teased quite a bit by the other blue tangs for her memory lapses. She may not have been able to connect with her own kind, but she found a friend in Destiny; a whole other species. Reminds me a lot of certain people who connect better with animals than with other people.
Quote 0 0
ThePolishGent
Arlo wrote:
But I really hope in upcoming teasers, tv spots and heck even new trailers, that we will get a glimpse at some old characters like Gill and the Tank Gang, and even Bruce and his shark friends. I think it will be really cool to see how some of the older characters will play an important part in the story, they may not, but I'm hoping they do play an important part in the story just like they did in Finding Nemo. 

I highly doubt that the shark characters will play any important role in the sequel. Especially since they were pretty much all 100% comic relief in the first movie. But I could be wrong. I'm not sure about the Tank Gang though. It kinda makes me wonder how Pixar is going to incorporate all these characters (both old and new) and yet, we still got two extra more that are yet to be reveal! One of them being voice by Bill Hader!
Quote 0 0
ThePolishGent
Peace_Love_Pixar wrote:
Hey, that's a very nice idea! That'd be cute. [smile]

Thanks! In fact, the more I think about it, the more I hope it comes true! I really think it would fit wonderfully in Finding Dory!
Quote 0 0
iPixar
Quote:
It kinda makes me wonder how Pixar is going to incorporate all these characters (both old and new) and yet, we still got two extra more that are yet to be reveal! One of them being voice by Bill Hader!

We do know that Bill Hader and Kate McKinnon will be playing "a fish couple that Dory briefly encounters along the way."
But other then that no real details

Quote 1 0
iPixar
Is it safe to say that the giant squid scene will be like the darkness scene from FN? [Finding%20Dory_zpsp1uy0p5t] 
Quote 1 0
ThePolishGent
iPixar wrote:
Is it safe to say that the giant squid scene will be like the darkness scene from FN

I wasn't even aware of the squid in the background! It must have took me at least 10 minutes to look for it and in fact, it kinda startle me since of how dreary the squid looks against all the other friendly and bright sea creatures!
Quote 0 0
Zoey_Trope
That's a pretty awesome standee right there! It's like an expanded version of the poster with addition of the squid and the MLI. I'm surely gonna have to take some pictures with it the next time I go to my theater.

I'm already gonna bet that someone is going to tear off Dory in the pot from that standee and take it away. It'll be just like in the Zootopia standee where everyone tore off Nick's hand.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Such a cool standee! Can't wait to see more from Gerald - he's going to be hilarious paired with the other, lazy sea lions! There's a funny shirt on the Disney Store site which has the sea lions saying something to Gerald (didn't post here in case it had any spoilery elements, but you can click the link to view it if you'd like).
Quote 0 0
Arlo
Yes Gerald looks great. Definitely looks like he will be a very fun character. Love that standee! 
Quote 0 0
iPixar
I think I am starting to put more of these pieces together about Dory and her seperation from her family so if you want to keep it a surprise (even though all the evidence is already out there)  stop reading now. 

So in the flashback Dory sees her parents talking to a ocean sunfish 0:20 (which are very prehistoric looking) in what appears to be the huge cylindrical tank inside the MLI because you can see the ocean sunfish swimming in that tank in the wide shot of that tank (under the text) at 0:43-45. Then at 1:11 you see Dory swimming down to what we can assume to be her old home in that same tank and not in the open ocean because you can tell from the lighting that it is more fluorescent then natural. 
I have a prediction that Dory's childhood memory of her life is going to be disappointed when she realizes that it wasn't this serene place that she once thought and that it was actually in a aquarium the whole time and I have a feeling that when Dory gets there her family wont even be there... Sad I know...But we know she will find them somewhere all along the way haha

Part of me wonders about the sunken cargo ship and baby Dory (which is part of the flash back...) and I think this is how she was separated from her parents in the first place. Dory was born in captivity at MLI and she was going to get transferred to another aquarium possibly Australia or somewhere else across the ocean. Which is why there is the conversation in the between Dory and her parents in the trailer from a month ago. "We will never forget you Dory.." "But what if I forget you?..."
Dory is taken away on a cargo ship and (similar to Dreamworks Madagascar) something goes wrong and Dory is now left alone in the open ocean. This is where all those shots of Dory in the open ocean alone are coming from. And eventually Dory finds Marlin in her pursuit of the boat that took Nemo.

Then I started thinking about Dory and her memory loss and wondered if maybe she lost if from some accident during the shipwreck. But then I remembered from the previous trailer that Destiney says that when they use to be friends she wouldn't remember anything so she would tell her the same story over and over again which would've all happened before Dory was lost and potentially lost her memory from some traumatic accident. So I still think Dory was born with her memory loss.

What do you think?! is it water tight or do I still have some holes in my theory?
P.S. I still have no idea where the tank gang is going to appear!

Quote 0 0
iPixar
And I laughed to myself when I saw the giant squid because I was like well I only had to wait 2 more days and it would've been confirmed anyways haha
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy