AlexMurphy
I know that Pixar Post has been to the studio a few times from reading their blog religiously. But are there any other Pixar fans out there who have been? If so, how did you get invited. I'm just curious and would really love to hear about it
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
I've wondered this myself! Can you just go there and enjoy the lobby and gift shops? Or is completely off limits unless you're invited somehow? Good Q! I'm sure PixarPost can let us know : ) That would be INCREDIBLE to be able to go!
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Hey guys, you actually have to be invited in for everything from visiting the grounds to the store, to the atrium. There's a security guard on staff 24/7 and they have to have your name on the guest list for that day to get your "Stranger from the Outside" name tag! I know a great reader of ours, Giovanni, was just there so we'll have to see if we can get him to respond with his experience.
Quote 0 0
Dan the Pixar Fan
Thanks for lettin us know how it goes down! I've wondered that for forever but never asked. Was it cause of your blog that you guys got invited? I'm sure they know about it, right? It is pretty famous website after all (and for good reason-it's the best). No one at Pixar will ever no me so I don't think any invites are coming to me any time soon : ) Looking forward to hearing for info on going to the studios and hearing others' experiences!
Quote 0 0
ThisDayInPixar
Besides being invited (like for press day), Pixar usually holds a couple of benefit events every year which will get you access into the studio. I have been to Pixar 3 times to attend these benefits, twice was for the Emery Ed Foundation for pre-screenings of Up and Toy Story 3, and once for a Cartoon Art Museum benefit which highlighted a number of Pixar's short films. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Emery Ed is doing pre-screening events anymore but the Cartoon Art Museum benefit seems to still be going on. I've written a few blog posts on some of the different benefits, you can find them on my website.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Builder

This.  This has been my life goal since 2009.  No, not working at PIXAR, just being able to walk into the atrium.

Every year, I go to the Vancouver Maker Faire and showcase my homemade PIXAR creations via DIY PIXAR, just for fun.  And every year since 2009, there's at least a dozen people offering to either

A) getting me connected to someone who works there or
B) giving me a contact of a Pixarian

And every year, nothing happens.  I showcase my booth, I promote it like crazy and I have a ton of fun meeting all sorts of fantastic fans.  Building and showcasing PIXAR stuff is basically a dream come true.  But I never has anything happened with getting a tour.

Scale Model Autopilot 

DIY PIXAR 2011

Even when I showcased my stuff with the WALL-E Builders in 2012 (who are a completely awesome group) no one at the studio took notice.

Mike, Mike and Me at 2012 MF

3-D Printed Luxo Jr.

So yes, I know that they have press screenings.  Yes I know you can just buy your way through an event into the studio.  But, for someone who has been as dedicated as I have to DIY, I can't help feel a little envious when people talk about being personally invited to visit. 

I don't have to work there.  All I want is to enter it!

/rant 

Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
"Pixar Builder" Well, I for one hope that you do get invited in one day. It's really hard to get in. I remember when the guys from the Real Live Toy Story project booked a trip out there and stood outside the gates all day and didn't get in. They talked to people, tried to tweet people and even called into Pixar to try and reach someone...but unfortunately, had to go home without getting in.

Now, that being said, they were invited back a month-or-so later as word spread that they were trying so hard to get into the studio and were snubbed when trying to get in the first time they were out. Heck, they even worked on their project for a few years as well while re-creating the entire Toy Story movie with real toys!

That's a long way of saying...don't give up "Pixar Builder"! Keep asking and keep working hard and you'll get there. When I started reading your post, I was going to remind you of the charity events that you could attend, but you covered those! 

As another thought, why don't you try and chat with the folks at Pixar Canada as well - that studio is much less visited and they're in Vancouver as well! You'd probably get a broader tour of the studio than you would at Pixar in Emeryville. Just thinking out loud (or, by typing)! Oh, don't worry, they have a cereal bar as well! Ha!
Quote 0 0
doodlinalec
I've visited! It was cool!
Quote 0 0
pixarfan
I really want to visit! I was visiting my sister who lives up there, and the bus--F bus in the AC Transit--would always pass it! It was so painful not being able to go in! Hopefully I get the chance too!
Quote 0 0
Brandie Hanson

I just watched the video review of the Pixar Studios and I nearly died. (seriously, my chest still hurts from being so excited) So excited for you guys!!  I have a friend who was going to internship there but something went array with his education plans so he had to drop out of his animation school and therefore no longer qualified for the internship. One day him and I are going to just show up and just stare pathetically through the gates at the building. That's my bucket list. To at least stare at the building.

[Big-Grin_zpsb880492c]

Quote 0 0
ThisDayInPixar
Quote:
One day him and I are going to just show up and just stare pathetically through the gates at the building.

I'm not embarrassed to admit I have done that a few times!! One time I actually lost the keys to our rental car outside of the Pixar gates. We found them over an hour later. My wife still claims I intentionally lost them just so we could stay there longer.
Quote 0 0
Rachel Cranor
I do that with Google Earth. I go to somewhere I want to go (Pixar Studios, Disneyland, etc.) and just stare either at the sky view or the street view.
Quote 0 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
I have to admit I do the same thing as Rachel. Just stare pathetically at Pixar through Google Earth or images I've found online.
Quote 0 0
somedudenamedmilan

I have been outside the gates twice. The first time I was there (I was wearing my Buzz Lightyear jacket.) as I was about to leave I saw Mark Andrews come out of the studio. So I waved, and he rolled down his car window. I said, "Hi Mark!" (I was so embarrassed I wish I called him Mr. Andrews.) He waved and returned my greeting. I was smiling so much, I was standing ten feet away from Mark Andrews! "What are you doing today?" He asked. "I'm going to a Giants game!" I said. (It was Pixar night at AT&T Park.) "Well, have fun." he said and drove away. Then after that I wished I thought of complementing on how good Brave was, and how much I enjoyed the film, but that aside, I ACTUALLY TALKED TO MARK ANDREWS! [Laughing_zps8d15cf64] Then as I was getting back in my car my brother said, "He didn't ask you what you were doing today, he said 'What's your name'." [Angry_zps39015583] Whoops...

Quote 0 0
somedudenamedmilan
Also, here's a picture of an awesome car that was leaving Pixar.

https://twitter.com/Milan_Harrison/status/362596518819143680/photo/1/large

Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy