AlexMurphy Show full post »
Retrogecko

Oh gosh! The studio store was incredible! I was amazed how inexpensive everything was too! 

We got to tour Both the Steve Jobs building and Brooklyn (which was absolutely gorgeous!) I'll post some photos here soon :] 

From the moment we passed through the gate, you could practically feel the creativity. People were extremely friendly, and were obviously having fun everywhere we looked. I had the best burger ever (No kidding) for bout $5. It was "Tater Tot Tuesday" and I got a bleu cheese & avocado burger. Even the food is amazing there! 

I stood in line behind Bob Peterson & he asked how our tour was going! We also got to wave at Andrew Stanton who sat a few tables over, and Pete Docter passed our group on the way to a meeting and we talked to him for a moment, which was amazing! They're so nice and...just normal everyday people! That was the highlight for me. 

We got to go back into the animation area as well, and sadly returned with no photos. But it's beyond words. Our host said he still "Geeks out" a little bit every morning when he drives under the Pixar gate. Made me want to be part of that world even more after being there! 

But I'm really excited. I've applied for the summer internship! I should hear back the first week of May. :] I'm studying traditional animation and minoring in 3D. I thought it'd be interesting to learn both approaches, and interestingly enough, our host said there are a lot of 2D animators who work there. Apparently all art backgrounds are welcome, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed [smile] 

I love school. I get to have fun while I work, which makes me feel I'm in the right place. One of my professors right now was one of the layout & set directors on the Incredibles! He's got a bunch of cool stories of his time on that film, so it's fun learning from people who have worked and are still working in the industry. They push & encourage us to take our craft as far as we possibly can. So one day at a time, I'm hoping to make it there! :] 

I'll get some of my favorite photos and share them here soon! Thanks again for the welcome! I'm really excited to be here with y'all! 

Quote 2 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
That sounds SO AMAZING! I'm so excited to someday go there! Can't wait to see the photos you took.
Quote 0 0
Retrogecko

Here's a link to my Flickr Album from the tour! [smile] 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46419000@N03/

Note the gorgeous Lava artwork that was hanging on the wall. None of us had really heard of it at the time. I was amazed how many things were on display that were not, and still aren't able to be talked about. That probably lent to the excitement of it all too. Seeing so many unreal things. :] 

Hope y'all enjoy! 

Quote 0 0
Retrogecko
Also...note the number of photos of the ceiling. That is breathtaking, and floods the studio with sunlight. I could not stop looking at it! 
Quote 1 0
Ultimate iPad Expert
Wow! This pics are great! The construction and architecture of the building is amazing! The wood and beams look beautiful and the sunlights are, I'm sure, great for natural light. Seems like the place for creativity, if I've ever seen one. Also, you said that was the best burger you ever had? It looks delicious, as well as the tater tots. [Laughing_zpsee77b0c4]

Anyways, I'm sure it's even more amazing in person.
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Retrogecko wrote:
Also...note the number of photos of the ceiling. That is breathtaking, and floods the studio with sunlight. I could not stop looking at it! 

Without a doubt - the architecture is amazing and the way the sunlight comes into the building is stunning. When I was there, I kept drooling about how light is a photographer's dream...the light is strong in places yet so soft in others, it makes for great contrast of foreground and background. 

Speaking of your university and hearing the stories of people that work there - have you listened to our podcast before? In case you haven't, we just wrapped up a series where we interviewed a Pixar employee from most of the major departments within the studio - there's a ton of inspiration there!

That's great that you were able to have so many "sightings" when you were there too (Bob, Pete and Andrew)!
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Retrogecko wrote:
I've applied for the summer internship! I should hear back the first week of May. :] I'm studying traditional animation and minoring in 3D. I thought it'd be interesting to learn both approaches, and interestingly enough, our host said there are a lot of 2D animators who work there. Apparently all art backgrounds are welcome, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Oh, and 100% you are correct that artists of all styles and backgrounds are welcomed...and needed...at Pixar! They've hired quite a few people we've talked to that weren't really familiar with the computer side of the job and then they got up to speed. Since you're minoring in 3D animation, you'll definitely be well rounded and ready to go! The internship will also be perfect to get your foot in the door as well - let us know what you hear in May - good luck!
Quote 0 0
mkselucas
Hello all---

I'm another fan who made a trip to the Bay Area and ended up standing outside the gates for what seemed like just a few minutes but was actually approaching stalker-time. *grin* (Hey, I stayed as long as my family would let me! Then we left and drove a couple of blocks away to eat at IHOP.)

We were there in June 2013. I had actually made contact through email with someone who had Pixar connections as well as a Pixar employee, but when we got there, I had trouble getting ahold of either person. In their defense, I didn't really know either of them, so I certainly don't hold any bad feelings about it.

We spent about two weeks in California, driving from LA to the Bay Area. We had about half a day to kill the day before we flew out, so we drove across the bridge to Pixar. We took some photos at the gate and through the fence, and I talked to the security guard. He was very, very nice, but he smiled and kindly said, "I'm sorry, but it's a closed area. I can't let you in." I explained that I knew it wasn't a public area, but was there maybe someone who could just accompany us into the atrium to buy a t-shirt or something like that. He smiled again and said no, and that was it.

Earlier in the week, we had spent the morning at the Walt Disney Family Museum. We all know that the Pixar folks love and support the museum, so the whole time we were there, I was hoping we'd run into someone from Pixar. No luck! Oh well.

We still have some fantastic memories from that trip, and if you haven't visited the WDFM, I highly recommend it. It is truly beautiful.

matt
Quote 1 0
mkselucas
Speaking of visiting the studio, has anyone participated in the Cartoon Art Museum Benefit that is hosted by Pixar?

Last year, they announced it in May, but I just checked the museum website, and it doesn't look like they've announced a date for this year's event yet. If I'm not mistaken, I think it usually took place in the fall, but last year's event was several months early.

Matt
Quote 0 0
binoculars the rabbit
Well first of all this is my first post here, hello!

Secondly, I have not. But I live in Berkeley and ride my bike by every day, and also attended a preview of Inside Out next door and got to see the Pixar Studios Video Tour (on another thread here) on the big screen, followed by the Amy Poehler/Pete Docter Q&A.
Quote 1 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
Welcome to the forum binoculars the rabbit - we're so glad you joined to chat! By the way, that's crazy that you're so close to Pixar like that - you are definitely going to have to go in one day!
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
mkselucas wrote:
Speaking of visiting the studio, has anyone participated in the Cartoon Art Museum Benefit that is hosted by Pixar?

Apologies for not replying sooner - I haven't been to a CAM event, but our friend, Jeff from This Day in Pixar has - you can read his writeup on his site

Also, I was surprised to see that there still hasn't been a listing for a CAM event this year. Maybe they're holding off because of all the events which are going to be happening in the fall there for The Good Dinosaur this year? Just a thought.
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy