Pixar Post - T.J. Show full post »
PixarPug
I don't understand where some of these critics are coming from.  Onward didn't feel repetitive of past Pixar movies to me at all.  Being critical of character designs is one thing but I don't get the issues with the story at all.

The whole 'it's really good but really good isn't good enough for Pixar' is nonsense too.  One that's not a fair way to critique a film.  Two, outside of Inside Out and Coco it was the best Pixar movie in the past 10 years IMO.  
Quote 1 0
Thepixarfanofthefamily05
I REALLY enjoyed Onward. Not in my top 10 pixar films, but probably 11,12,13. I loved Manticore, and the brothers. The voice work and story were really good. My only complaint was the voices of small Barley and the Pixies. It was cheesy, but it was also sweet, sad, and fun. I really enjoyed and suggest everyone see it. I don’t see a sequel happening, because the story ended very nicely. I will have to see it another time to enjoy it even more, and look for easter eggs. 
Quote 0 0
Arlo
Man the critics got this one all wrong. Not that this film has been panned or anything (84% isn't anything to sneer at) but for Pixar standards, many consider it a bit low. 

I can't see what the critics didn't like about this film. 

This film for me hit very differently. I have a very close relationship with my brother, mom, and dad so maybe that's why. I cried the hardest in this film than any other Pixar film. 

I think if you have a close relationship with your siblings, your parents, or any sibling-like father-figure relationships this should affect you. My theater was packed, and by the end, there was not a single dry eye in the house. 

This film for me very nicely is able to rank among Pixar's other recent originals (Inside Out and Coco) and it's an instant classic in my book! 

9/10 
Quote 0 0
SethHappyNemoGuy
We Really Loved this film! Beautiful and Touching and very sentimental to me and brother who lost our dad 20 years in January at young age. Here's Our Movie Review Guys! We did film It outdoors with our new camcorder and Handheld mic. There's A Huge Difference in Sound and Picture quality when we film at night outside, no wind blowing audio peaks or sound cracks and no highway sounds! Hope y'all like it! :) Welcome To The Pete Docter Era! It's on a roll my dudes! 🙂 

Quote 0 0
Pixarsuperfan8695

Onward was wonderful! Saw it a second time in IMAX yesterday, so now I’ve soaked it in a little more. 

The story was very well written and executed—there’s so much reality and you can really see how personal this is to Dan. The story department did a great job on fleshing out the characters and ideas, as well as working with a lot of great humor! 

The animation acting was great! Aside from Ian and Barley’s contrasting movements, I really loved the way Blazey moved. His animation was so fluid and reptile-like—I’d really love to learn more on how that was planned out in character development! 

This film had me crying the hardest I cried in any Pixar movie. Not only was the impact of Wilden’s loss on Ian and Barley heartbreaking, but I also saw a lot of my sister and I in the brothers’ relationship. The final act gave me so much emotion and chills, I couldn’t even feel my hands! 😂

Once the credits came on, I heard several people say that Onward was one of their favorite Pixar films—and I couldn’t have felt more the same. Overall, a beautifully crafted film, and I can’t wait to see it again and discover even more layers. 

Quote 0 0
Andrea56
So, I JUST walked out of movie with my dad and brother, and wanted to share my initial thoughts. I'll have to let it simmer a bit and see it a few more times before I have an idea where I would place this on the Pixar tier, but my initial reaction is that it was a lovely film with a solid message and very endearing. Looking back, I think some plot points could have been been perhaps explained a little better...but you only have so much time in a film and with so much going on with so many characters it's hard to do that. It also makes sense with the role-playing elements that when you're on a quest with a time limit you don't have a lot of time to ruminate on everything. The core cast of characters were wonderful and solid, and the world setting was colorful and exciting.

I'd love to dive deeper into the story and what happens, but that would include spoilers. 😂

I could relate to Ian as an introvert and someone who struggles with being socially awkward. I saw a lot of myself in him. I saw myself in Barley too, as the oldest sibling.

I loved the lighting in this film, especially with the passage of day and time...which is important since the characters were on a time crunch with the quest. It was fun keeping track of the time by how the daylight was changing.

Overall, I really enjoyed it and would see it again! Oh...and I did cry. Not as hard as I did with Coco, but the waterworks did get going!
Quote 0 0
Bonnie
I saw it when it came on Disney Plus, then never got around to mentioning it.

The first half was the exact "It's like humans, BUT NOT" and "You expect it to act one way, BUT IT DOESN'T" crud I was hoping it wouldn't be. It's a very uninteresting trope that's better kept to one or two gags, if that, as far as I'm concerned.

The second half was better. The more it felt like just a typical adventure movie the more I liked it, actually. The part with the bridge was actually suspenseful. Once or twice I guessed something was going to happen and it didn't, so that was nice (though for one of those I guessed a twist and it surprised me by instead playing it completely straight, so you can argue whether that really deserves extra points). I liked the setup of the climax though didn't like how they made the threat more comical (I loved its animation outside of that bit).

It was, overall, a very neutral watch. I laughed once and despite the movie clearly trying very hard to be emotional I never cried or even really felt sad, but I didn't hate it. 

5/10 Could've been worse, could've been better.
Quote 0 0
Lauren
I have a very personal connection with Onward. I lost my paternal grandfather when I was 6 years old due to an illness he had. I have very vague, flashing memories of him and I wish that I had more time to know and spend more time with him much like Ian and Barley wanted with their dad. Ian is a character that I highly relate with due to both of us being shy, sweet, determined, being afraid to drive, and introverted (and I also can have trouble trying to socialize with other people especially when I was in high school) and I really admired how he developed throughout the course of the journey and magic being a metaphor for potential. The first time I saw the movie, I really enjoyed it and then after the second time I rewatched it again, I came to love it even more and it's now become one of my favorite Pixar films. I loved how they approached the ending with Ian giving up the chance to meet his dad and give that time to Barley in order to get the proper closure he should have had back at the hospital when he saw him ill. Barley's 4th memory is also a real life experience I relate with but slightly different. When I was 17, I lost one of my aunts from my mother's side due to ovarian cancer and the last time I ever saw her, I was able to be inside her hospital room with my mom, but it just shook me seeing how drastically different she looked such as losing so much weight compared to before and looking very drained. While Ian may not have had his own dad in his life, he came to realize that Barley has been fulfilling the father role to him growing up and appreciating his relationship with him even more than he did at the beginning. ❤️
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy