Pixar Post - T.J. Show full post »
Bonnie
The first TV Tropes page isn't really for knock offs, it's for similar movies that came out around the same time. Road to El Dorado and Emperor's New Groove were probably matched up because of their ancient South American settings and the protagonists (sans Pacha) having a few similar traits.  
Quote 0 0
Pixar Post - T.J.
autobots-china-movie-poster.jpg  
Yet another Cars ripoff has popped up (via Autoblog) - Here's some of the text from the article...

Autoblog report wrote:
China is known to have a rather loose interpretation of intellectual property rights, but an upcoming animated children's film there is really taking this borrowing to previously unseen heights. Called The Autobots, which certainly couldn't be related to The Transformers, the movie appears to blatantly rip-off Pixar's Cars franchise as closely as possible.

According to Kotaku, a spokesperson for the film told a Japanese TV show that The Autobots isn't a copy of Cars because the Chinese movie has people as characters in it, which doesn't happen in Pixar's franchise.
Quote 0 0
UntoldStories113
That cars thing is... pretty impudent... oO

Also found one. This is probably open to debate, but it seems like a ripoff to me. I'm just gonna leave this here and see if anyone else gets a sense of déjà vu.
Quote 0 0
mynameiskhannie
"Maya the Bee" is not a rip-off. It was based off of a show from the 70s which itself was based off of a book from 1912, so no. 

"Autobots", yeah, it's another the Little Cars scenario, even more so, with the name stolen from Transformers and stuff. 
Quote 0 0
UntoldStories113
Yeah, I know Maya the Bee. I think I sporadically watched the TV series when I was a kid, though I don't remember much of it. The plot of that movie, though, that's an entirely different story. (This contrast is actually exactly why I labeled it "open to debate." [wink] )
Do you know it better than I do? Is the plot of the movie based on something that was in the series or the book?
Quote 0 0
mynameiskhannie
I glimpsed at the description of the book, and the trailer, and it seems to be based off the book, with the designs from the show.
Quote 0 0
BeanoMaster
UntoldStories113 wrote:
That cars thing is... pretty impudent... oO

Also found one. This is probably open to debate, but it seems like a ripoff to me. I'm just gonna leave this here and see if anyone else gets a sense of déjà vu.

Yeah this isn't a rip-off. It's based off a recent TV series which was based of a 70s anime which was based on an old book.
Quote 0 0
BeanoMaster
mynameiskhannie wrote:
"Maya the Bee" is not a rip-off. It was based off of a show from the 70s which itself was based off of a book from 1912, so no. 

"Autobots", yeah, it's another the Little Cars scenario, even more so, with the name stolen from Transformers and stuff. 

Maya the Bee has also had a more recent CGI series.
Quote 0 0
mynameiskhannie
Sorry if I haven't got time to post for awhile. 

So the Asylum, the people behind many such live action mockbusters (and Sharknado), have just opened up animation division. So naturally, their first production will be a knockoff of Finding Dory called Izzie's Way Home.

It features the voices of Joey Fatone and Tori Spelling and it looks like this:
[image] 
Any thoughts?
Quote 0 0
Pixarsuperfan8695

Hahahahah! For people that may not know, their a studio known for terrible rip offs!! Here's an image to solidify the hilarity!

Foto_3.jpg

Haha, the Little Cars in The Great Race is known as one of the worst mockbusters of all time. 
I know this thread is a little old, but just for the sake of it, I was looking through this again today and found some rip offs by Video Brinquedo and The Asylum. 
First off, Video Brinquedo made Tiny Robots in 2008 to capitalize on WALL•E. 
[220px-WALL-Eposter][_V1_UY268_CR9,0,182,268_AL_]  
As IMDb says, Tiny Robots is about a robot who saves his city from an evil leader. Is it just me, or does the villain in the background deeply remind me of Darth Vader?

Most recently, The Asylum made a rip off of Cars 3 called CarGo (which even partly ripped off of The Little Cars in The Great Race). Funny how Ed Asner was involved with the voicing of the film. 
[_SY679_]  [image] 
Also, this is what the Disney Rip-Offs Wiki said about Izzie's Way Home:
Quote:
No, you aren't hallucinating. The Asylum made an animated movie. They finally did it. This is one small step for The Asylum, one giant leap backward for animation.

[image]  [image] 
This is just sad. It makes me really upset when I think about rip-offs of some of my favourite Pixar films, especially the ones I grew up with, like Cars and Ratatouille. 
In the end, all this makes me glad I'm a Disney and Pixar superfan because they never rip off from other movies and write their own original stories as a team without copying from other films. (I'm frustrated enough with people thinking Coco ripped off from The Book Of Life.)
Quote 0 0
Name

A Bug's Life,3,Aaron Hartline,2,Adrian Molina,3,Alan Barillaro,7,Albert Lozano,1,Alex Mandel,1,Andrea Warren,2,Andrew Gordon,3,Andrew Stanton,46,Angelique Reisch,3,Angus MacLane,32,App Review,6,Art,31,Art of Animation Resort,5,Artists Help Japan,8,Austin Madison,4,Awards,51,Bing Bong,1,Blu-Ray,40,Bob Peterson,17,Bob Whitehill,2,Bobby Podesta,1,Book Review,43,Brad Bird,13,Brave,140,BREAKING News,34,Brian Fee,4,Buzz Lightyear,10,Car Toons,2,Cars,63,Cars 2,15,Cars 3,14,Cars Land,34,Cars Toons,11,Chris Chua,1,Chris Sasaki,1,Christine Freeman,1,Coco,16,Contest,11,Craig Foster,1,Custom Pixar Gear,6,D23,23,Dan Scanlon,67,Daniel Arriaga,2,Danielle Feinberg,4,Darla Anderson,4,Dave Mullins,1,Deleted Scene,2,Denise Ream,5,Dia de los Muertos,7,Dice Tsutsumi,7,Die Cast Cars,21,Director's Commentary,9,Disney California Adventure,25,Disney Cruise,3,Disney Infinity,43,Disney Infinity 2.0,6,Disney Infinity 3.0,15,Disney Infinity Next,1,Disney Interactive,1,Disney Movies Anywhere,4,Disney World,24,Disneyland,18,Disneyland Paris,8,Easter Eggs,32,Ed Catmull,26,Enrico Casarosa,20,Erik Smitt,1,Everett Downing,1,Exclusive,11,Fan Art,28,Finding Dory,86,Finding Nemo,23,Forum,3,Fun Facts,4,Galyn Susman,6,Giveaway,3,Google Hangout,2,Hawaiian Vacation,2,Hidden Items,2,Imagineering,3,Inside Out,145,Interview,25,James Ford Murphy,12,Jamie Roe,1,Jason Deamer,1,Jason Johnston,2,Jay Ward,5,Jeff Danna,2,Jerome Ranft,1,Jim Capobianco,3,Jim Morris,3,John Lasseter,56,Jon Reisch,1,Jonas Rivera,25,Jonathan Pytko,2,Josh Cooley,17,Juliet Roth,1,Kelsey Mann,12,Kevin O'Hara,1,Knick Knack,2,Kori Rae,13,La Luna,18,Laura Meyer,2,Lava,18,Lee Unkrich,22,Lighting McQueen,8,Lindsey Collins,6,Lou,1,Luxo Jr.,2,Mahyar Abousaeedi,1,Marc Greenberg,1,Marc Sondheimer,1,Mark Andrews,36,Mark Walsh,34,Matt Jones,3,Matthew Luhn,2,Merida,11,Michael B. Johnson,2,Michael Giacchino,15,Michal Makarewicz,6,Mike Venturini,1,Monsters Inc,40,Monsters University,171,Motorama,2,Movie Review,12,Mychael Danna,4,Newt,1,Party Central,11,Partysaurus Rex,45,Patrick Lin,2,Paul Abadilla,7,Pete Docter,98,Peter Sohn,32,Piper,9,Pixar Animation Studios,76,Pixar Archives,2,Pixar Canada,14,Pixar Concept Art,29,Pixar In A Box,1,Pixar Minute,4,Pixar Pipeline Project,8,Pixar Post Book Club,12,Pixar Post Record,1,Pixar Shorts,104,Pixar Studio Story,2,Pixar Toys,41,Pizza Planet Truck,1,Podcast,51,Presto,1,Products,174,Products - A Bug's Life,6,Products - Brave,29,Products - Cars,20,Products - Cars 2,7,Products - Finding Dory,8,Products - Finding Nemo,5,Products - Inside Out,14,Products - Monsters Inc,15,Products - Monsters University,22,Products - Ratatouille,6,Products - Shorts & TV Specials,45,Products - The Good Dinosaur,7,Products - The Incredibles,7,Products - Toy Story,19,Products - Toy Story 2,5,Products - Toy Story 3,2,Products - Up,7,Products - WALL-E,7,Radiator Springs,7,Ralph Eggleston,5,Randy Newman,4,Ratatouille,18,RenderMan,4,Review,12,Ricky Nierva,4,Riley's First Date,5,Rob Thompson,1,Robert Kondo,5,Ronnie Del Carmen,6,Sandra Karpman,1,Sanjay Patel,12,Sanjay's Super Team,17,Saschka Unseld,30,Sharon Calahan,4,Shawn Krause,1,Small Fry,3,Soundtrack,36,Steve Jobs,5,Steve Purcell,18,Store - Amazon,42,Store - App Store,9,Store - Best Buy,1,Store - Disney Store,25,Store - eBay,5,Store - Hallmark,1,Store - iTunes,41,Store - Target,9,Store - Toys R Us,1,Tales From Radiator Springs,4,Teddy Newton,2,The Blue Umbrella,39,The Good Dinosaur,91,The Incredibles,15,The Incredibles 2,12,Thomas Newman,3,To Protect and Serve,4,Tony DeRose,1,Tony Fucile,1,Toy Review,18,Toy Story,75,Toy Story 3,1,Toy Story 4,20,Toy Story of Terror,37,Toy Story That Time Forgot,24,Trailer,83,Type - Books,6,Type - Clothing,2,Type - Collectibles,17,Type - Holiday,2,Type - Pins,1,Type - Plush,6,Type - Toys,15,UP,11,VanArts,5,Victor Navone,1,Video Games,44,Vinylmation,9,Wall-e,15,
ltr
static_page
Pixar Post: Contact / About Us
Contact / About Us
Pixar Post Contact and Support
Pixar Post
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/
https://www.pixarpost.com/p/contact-us-about.html
true
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS CONTENT IS PREMIUM Please share to unlock Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy